Post a reply

Re: JIMMY WHITE 'FLYING IN PRACTICE'

Postby SavoMilosevic

He's lost A LOT of weight. Since I've started playing pool and snooker, my weight hasn't changed, so I don't have that personal experience, but I guess it can affect the stance and the cue action?

I hope Jimmy gets even slimmer, so he can show again his style from the 80s. During the last couple of decades he's been getting down on the shot and cueing differently in my opinion.

Postby TheSaviour

The great thing about this forum is that ANYONE`S game (break-building) is always neutrally and free-flowingly analysed.. There is a certain standard or standards how many snooker fans and analytics sees how snooker should be played. There probably is some truth about it. But only some. That´s why it is important to keep up that free-flowing analysing and insights. There are many ways to win the frames or to be a great player. One thing which almost all agree with is that a mental strength has a lot of to do with it.

I would or will never be the one who REALLY count and write people, especially someone like Jimmy, off. But I am an extremely disappointed and sad to tell you that the chances that Jimmy finds his consistent top-form anywhere in the future are extremely slim.

If some thing doesn´t make much sense, it is a very unlikely that it will happen or work that way. Any religion would agree with me about that one..

Postby hendry_fan

TheSaviour wrote:The great thing about this forum is that ANYONE`S game (break-building) is always neutrally and free-flowingly analysed.. There is a certain standard or standards how many snooker fans and analytics sees how snooker should be played. There probably is some truth about it. But only some. That´s why it is important to keep up that free-flowing analysing and insights. There are many ways to win the frames or to be a great player. One thing which almost all agree with is that a mental strength has a lot of to do with it.

I would or will never be the one who REALLY count and write people, especially someone like Jimmy, off. But I am an extremely disappointed and sad to tell you that the chances that Jimmy finds his consistent top-form anywhere in the future are extremely slim.

If some thing doesn´t make much sense, it is a very unlikely that it will happen or work that way. Any religion would agree with me about that one..

TheSaviour,that is one of your greatest ever posts!,and i aint bein sarcastic!,ok,at least part of that post was brilliant!. :goodpost: ;-) :-D

Postby SnookerFan

I've seen Jimmy White make 147s in exhibition matches, when he wasn't doing anything at all on the main tour. Sadly, I don't see this making any difference.

Ps. CROYDON! :D