Post a reply

Re: Draw

Postby Andre147

That was the qualifying draw, now out is the main Last 32 draw.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-content/ ... s-draw.pdf

Looking at it, Ronnie's path not easy at all. Could well face Wenbo in his opening round match, one of the toughest qualifiers in my view, and then maybe Kyren Wilson in the Last 16, both have never met in professional play.

A match between Kyren and Ronnie would be very tasty, but both have to reach that stage. Wouldn't surprise me much seeing Ronnie lose his opener given it's his first competitive match since the Worlds.

Elsewhere, the Quarter mof death seems to be at the bottom of the draw, with Robbo, MJW, Perry and Selby, although MJW far from his best days.

From what I see, if most of the seeded players win their respective openers, we are in for some cracking Last 16 matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Two tough games, no doubt at that.

Kyren might come in full of confidence, due to having won Shanghai here last year. His form has been inconsistent since winning it, but there's something about having won at a venue before that gives a player confidence. That one could be interesting.

Call it a gut feeling, I can see Ronnie beating Liang somehow. I can't give you the logic why. Just that they play a similar game, and Ronnie plays it better. <ok>

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Two tough games, no doubt at that.

Kyren might come in full of confidence, due to having won Shanghai here last year. His form has been inconsistent since winning it, but there's something about having won at a venue before that gives a player confidence. That one could be interesting.

Call it a gut feeling, I can see Ronnie beating Liang somehow. I can't give you the logic why. Just that they play a similar game, and Ronnie plays it better. <ok>

That is a very brave prediction. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
That is a very brave prediction. :roll:

I thank you for your kind comments, sir. It is very much appreciated. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

yea but prior to winning it last year Kyren was ranked 54th and having reached 2 last 32, 1 last 16 and 1 QF.

in the last 12 months hes reached last 32 or better 10 times in ranking events so hes pretty consistent considering where he was this time last year

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

yea but prior to winning it last year Kyren was ranked 54th and having reached 2 last 32, 1 last 16 and 1 QF.

in the last 12 months hes reached last 32 or better 10 times in ranking events so hes pretty consistent considering where he was this time last year

Fair point.

Sometimes, once a person has won a ranking event, you start judging their form on what else they've won. Which, you're right, is probably a bit harsh considering.

Postby Dan-cat

Some juicy matches here. Will endeavour to watch this tournament from the beginning I've been slacking so far this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Some juicy matches here. Will endeavour to watch this tournament from the beginning I've been slacking so far this season.

Ebdon.

Is that you?