Post a reply

Postby Shockerz

Hi All

Just joined. Am a member on other forums but just discovered this one and thought I'd say hello.

Marc

Re: New Member

Postby PoolBoy

Hi!
Great to have another member - I think that's us up to 6.
But, when Ronnie plays, mysteriously another hundred snooker 'fans' re-appear!
Hiya PinkBall! Hiya, mate!

Postby Shockerz

Yeah the name comes from my golfing days. I was never the greatest off the tee but had a good recovery game!

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:Hi!
Great to have another member - I think that's us up to 6.
But, when Ronnie plays, mysteriously another hundred snooker 'fans' re-appear!
Hiya PinkBall! Hiya, mate!

I'm not a Ronnie fan at all, I actually quite dislike him. Love his snooker but normally shout against him. I'll be good enough to admit he's a fine player though because I actually know the game.

I don't post here during the summer much because there's very little snooker on. Ain't rocket science, ain't basic science even.

You've clearly a proper bucking vegetable.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Hello i'm new on this forum. I often watch snooker on Eurosport or Internet since Welsh Open 2014. I am Ronnie O'Sullivan's fan.
Excuse me to my English. I'm not english but i'm French .

Postby pasunegirafe

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Hello i'm new on this forum. I often watch snooker on Eurosport or Internet since Welsh Open 2014. I am Ronnie O'Sullivan's fan.
Excuse me to my English. I'm not english but i'm French .

Welcome! :happy: I hope you like it here!

Postby PoolBoy

It's good to have a contributor from France!
It's one mainland European country where snooker has yet to gain a foothold (to my knowledge).
Incident on 57th street 20 - from now-on referred to as 'Incident' (!) - is there much coverage of snooker in France?

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Thanks "Pasunegirafe", "dan-cat" and "poolboy" for your warm welcome.

No Poolboy i don't think much coverage of snooker in France. Snooker isn't populat in our country and there are surely not many enrolled . And i have never played that game or very few at pool and i'm not good so i prefer to watch the best players in the world.
But Eurosport "France" often broadcast tournaments.
For example Eurosport France in Ocotber broadcasted the European master and broadcast ,as of today, the English open.
Besides i vaguely started to watch snooker in the 2000's in the area Ronnie, Hendry, Mark Williams , John Higgins, Paul Hunter, John Parrott, Ken Doherty ,....with Eurosport.
But i really started to watch here in 2014 after Welsh Open and i became increasingly interested rules: safey battle, escapes , ball control , effects , angles, positional play , pots ,....
That's really tactic and beautiful to watch.
Really a full game.

The game of skill pôpular in France is "Petanque".