Post a reply

Ronnie writing a crime novel

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan is releasing a "gritty" crime novel.
Framed, which will be released in November, is set in the "dog-eat-dog underworld of 1980s Soho", publisher Orion said.
The plot will focus on a character called Frankie James - described as "a young man with a lot on his shoulders".
The thriller is said to be loosely based on the 40-year-old, five-time world snooker champion's own life story.
It sees Frankie parentless after his mother disappeared when he was 15, with his father in jail for armed robbery.
After inheriting a snooker club from "one of London's toughest gangsters", the book promises a "sordid world of bent coppers, ruthless mobsters and twisted killers".
In reality, both of O'Sullivan's parents served time in prison - his father was convicted of murder while his mother was jailed for tax evasion, leaving him to take care of his sister.
Orion has previously published the snooker player's autobiography, Running.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36733470

Re: Ronnie writing a crime novel

Postby SnookerFan

Good for him, I say.

I actually enjoyed writing at school. Got a headmaster's commendation for one thing I did. It was the only thing I was ever any good at.

Maybe writing will give him something to do when he's hanging around tournaments between matches.

Postby Andy Spark

I love Ronnie, however, I have considerable doubts over Ronnie's ability to write a novel without a lot of help. I suspect Ronnie came up with most of the plot ideas, maybe a lot of the dialogue, but it's mostly "written" (so to speak) by a ghost writer. I could be wrong, because an awful lot of crap gets published these days! As Christopher Hitchens once said, "everyone does have a book in them, but in most cases that is where it should stay".

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:I love Ronnie, however, I have considerable doubts over Ronnie's ability to write a novel without a lot of help. I suspect Ronnie came up with most of the plot ideas, maybe a lot of the dialogue, but it's mostly "written" (so to speak) by a ghost writer. I could be wrong, because an awful lot of crap gets published these days! As Christopher Hitchens once said, "everyone does have a book in them, but in most cases that is where it should stay".

Coudn't agree more mate, my thoughts exactly. :spot on:

But it's almost another Ronnie autobiography, this time from what I gather only the names and some circumstances are diferent.

Postby TheSaviour

rofl rofl rofl That´s funny. He is just a silly naturally talented "gibbish". That´s all.

But people should start to realise what sort of a force he is while playing snooker or even pool billiards. If they would realise that, then they would have a lot more room to operate. Currently the space is an extremely limited, if there even is any. People should realise what just of a being human does mean. It mean you are force to do the right things and trying to actually to take care. To take care, not to demolish.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:rofl rofl rofl That´s funny. He is just a silly naturally talented "gibbish". That´s all.

But people should start to realise what sort of a force he is while playing snooker or even pool billiards. If they would realise that, then they would have a lot more room to operate. Currently the space is an extremely limited, if there even is any. People should realise what just of a being human does mean. It mean you are force to do the right things and trying to actually to take care. To take care, not to demolish.

So, are you going to read his book, or what?

Postby TheSaviour

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:rofl rofl rofl That´s funny. He is just a silly naturally talented "gibbish". That´s all.

So, are you going to read his book, or what?

No, because I don´t read novels. I read only informative books.

Seems that Ronnie lost that bet that what is a philosophical approach and what not. First he should be able to read at least something from the people. Before making such a silly comments, like he always does. Philosophical approach is that there is no single purpose or a meaning. That´s the current situation. Been that already for years.

That is something which is not going to change over the next few years.

And very likely not even after that. People should just take it easy while watching and following happenings. Not getting too much agitated or stressed. That´s the way you will live longer.