Post a reply

Trump moving to Sheffield

Postby Roland

prosnookerblog wrote:Bristol’s Judd Trump has not enjoyed a strong start to the season, losing to Marcus Campbell in his opening match of both the Shanghai Masters and the Grand Prix, as well as crashing out of the Masters qualifiers at the first hurdle. Now it seems he is planning to relocate in order to try and turn things around…

After such a good season in 2008/9 in which he won the majority of his opening round matches and put himself into contention for a top 16 place if he could maintain that form, he is now in need of a win in the UK qualifiers if he is to put himself back into the race.

In order to try and get back to winning ways, Judd has told the Sheffield Star that he is now planning to relocate from his Bristol home up to Sheffield in order to take advantage of the first-class facilities available at the World Snooker Academy:

“There are great facilities here”

“I’d like to move to Sheffield permanently. I’ve been looking for a place to live here. I really like playing at the Academy; it’s going to give me the opportunity to keep improving my game.

“Usually I practise on my own in Bristol, but the Academy has given me the chance to play against top players.”

“It’s a good environment to be in,”

“The tables are the same as tournament tables – and you don’t usually find that in a normal snooker club.

“The cloth is a lot quicker and the pockets are tighter.”

“When I’m up, I stay with Daniel, and we often practise together.

“It’s good to practise against different people and test yourself,”

“The Academy is great because it’s not just for professional players like myself and Daniel – club players and juniors can use the facilities.

http://prosnookerblog.com/2009/10/31/tr ... more-11376

Re: Trump moving to Sheffield

Postby Wildey

im glad he is thinking of things he can do to improve his chances...to thoes of us thats seen him in 110sport qualifieng would tell you he has been pathetic in everything he has atempted so this is a possitive and go to play with the Chinese at the Academy.

Re: Trump moving to Sheffield

Postby Casey

Positive steps from Judd, he realises there is a problem and he is doing the right thing to fix it.

On another note, if he wins the PL he should get a wildcard to the masters (unless a non top 16 wins the UK)