Post a reply

Snooker Brexit

Postby SnookerFan

They're talking about how leaving Europe will affect sports on Sky Sports News.

They're saying that if we leave Europe , they might play less European tournaments. Any truth to this? They didn't really go into any detail. They spent more time discussing how it would affect Rugby League.

Re: Snooker Brexit

Postby Andy Spark

Probably more scare mongering by the remain camp. I don't think snooker coverage will be too effected.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, I can see that.

"We want to scare the masses. Quick, tell them they'll be less snooker tournaments in Europe." rofl

Postby Andy Spark

snooker scaremongering might switch my vote, but I guess I am unusual.

Postby Andy Spark

No scaremongering about brexit from Barry Hearn I see. Far from it, he's an outer. :-)

Postby Andy Spark

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:https://twitter.com/BarryHearn/status/746263213008904192

We have our country back. Bound to be a few knee jerk reactions so let's keep calm. Lots of work to do. #happydays

What the UK has just said to the EU: :bum:

Postby TheSaviour

Probably just a far cry, but I could do with the PTC:s back. I still haven´t quite found a flaw the way it was runned. A lot´s of people are rubbishing the best of 7s. What a format was there! Every player needed to get through like 10 or 12 best of 7s matches during just a few days to even have a shout.

I think John Higgins is the man who is best adapted to play these best of 7s matches. He goes only for the pots he is almost guarenteed to get. And he hardly ever misses the position after the first pot. And if he do, he plays a calm, cool and collected safety. It is an extremely tough nut to crack if anyones fancys to beat John. Best of 7s are always a case of cracking the nut or solving the rubik's cube

It reminds me about playing against a mate of mine. During the best of 7s he almost certainly beats me. If, and sometimes when, I beat him I will have to be at top of my game. Even when I am sure I didn´t leave anything on to him, he still pots something and that´s it then. I tend to accuse to be an unlucky, which is how I see it and in a way it also is. But life´s funny. That´s why I don´t anymore play against him. Some money issues also has something to do with it. And not to forget an alcohol. First I should find my A-game.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Probably just a far cry, but I could do with the PTC:s back. I still haven´t quite found a flaw the way it was runned. A lot´s of people are rubbishing the best of 7s. What a format was there! Every player needed to get through like 10 or 12 best of 7s matches during just a few days to even have a shout.

I think John Higgins is the man who is best adapted to play these best of 7s matches. He goes only for the pots he is almost guarenteed to get. And he hardly ever misses the position after the first pot. And if he do, he plays a calm, cool and collected safety. It is an extremely tough nut to crack if anyones fancys to beat John. Best of 7s are always a case of cracking the nut or solving the rubik's cube

It reminds me about playing against a mate of mine. During the best of 7s he almost certainly beats me. If, and sometimes when, I beat him I will have to be at top of my game. Even when I am sure I didn´t leave anything on to him, he still pots something and that´s it then. I tend to accuse to be an unlucky, which is how I see it and in a way it also is. But life´s funny. That´s why I don´t anymore play against him. Some money issues also has something to do with it. And not to forget an alcohol. First I should find my A-game.

You are slowly beginning to say things I understand.