Post a reply

Re: When will we see Ronnie again?

Postby Wildey

Unless he wants to risk Qualifying for Sheffield he has to play more than he did last season.

I Believe he will play in the UK Based events starting with the English Open 10th of october and if he wins any of them or has a good run he then can pick and chose with the knowledge he wont be in Ponds Forge

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree with Wild, with more events being staged in the UK this season, that might spur Ronnie on to play them. After all, last season until Christmas there was only the CoC and UK Champs in the UK, and the CoC is not even a ranker.

But yeah he has a lot of points to defend with his UK 2014 win and IC Quarter-Final run the same year.

Postby TheSaviour

He is probably fed up with that usual garbage that people just keeps on spamming.. These days people seems to think that "they were not supposed to be the heroes". I always ask that what the cr@p?? I have been following those calculations and definitions for years, and I personally can´t see there would be a much, if any, errors. How it has been calculated and so on. They actually were always supposed to be the heroes. Those honours are suchs that those would not had been handed just to anybody. Ronnie has probably noticed the same thing, and he is just fed up with the World Snooker and with the fans.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:He is probably fed up with that usual garbage that people just keeps on spamming.. These days people seems to think that "they were not supposed to be the heroes". I always ask that what the cr@p?? I have been following those calculations and definitions for years, and I personally can´t see there would be a much, if any, errors. How it has been calculated and so on. They actually were always supposed to be the heroes. Those honours are suchs that those would not had been handed just to anybody. Ronnie has probably noticed the same thing, and he is just fed up with the World Snooker and with the fans.

Exactly.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:He is probably fed up with that usual garbage that people just keeps on spamming.. These days people seems to think that "they were not supposed to be the heroes". I always ask that what the cr@p?? I have been following those calculations and definitions for years, and I personally can´t see there would be a much, if any, errors. How it has been calculated and so on. They actually were always supposed to be the heroes. Those honours are suchs that those would not had been handed just to anybody. Ronnie has probably noticed the same thing, and he is just fed up with the World Snooker and with the fans.

Exactly.

yea him and me both fed up with his fans lol

Postby Ronnie79

Matt at PSB reckons he has to earn 150 prior to April to avoid having to qualify for the worlds.He will play as early as Shanghai or Paul Hunter Classic I reckon

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:150k that is. A lot of dough he will have to play lots of ranking events even the shootout

He wont be playing in rubbish out.

and any player that relies on the that stupid crap doesn't deserve to be at the crucible never mind being a seed.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:150k that is. A lot of dough he will have to play lots of ranking events even the shootout

He wont be playing in rubbish out.

and any player that relies on the that stupid crap doesn't deserve to be at the crucible never mind being a seed.

Ronnie says he doesn't care about rankings, but in reality he always does, like any player should do.

Just look at 2012 German Masters, a huge turning point in his career. He needed to win that event and/or win Welsh Open to avoid qualifying, and what did he do? He won German Masters, and reached Semis of the Welsh.

He doesn't want to be at the qualifiers, so I think he'll play a bit more, e.g, the UK based events, to avoid that.

Having said all this, I don't think we'll see Ronnie before the European Open in Romania where he did an exhibition last year, or likely the English Open in October.

Postby Wildey

the only reason Ronnie doesent care about rankings is he is so good he can deliver just enough to do what he wants.

Ronnie does not want to play 3 Best of 19 in early April