Post a reply

Allen To Defend Wuxi Title

Postby Casey

Allen To Defend Wuxi Title

Stephen Hendry, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy, home favourite Ding Junhui and defending champion Mark Allen will be among those competing in the Rundili 2010 World Snooker Wuxi Classic next month.

Northern Ireland's Allen beat Ding 6-0 in the final last year to win his first professional title, and will go to southern China with high hopes of a repeat victory in the 12-man event, which will take place at the Wuxi City Sports Park Stadium from June 3-6.

Also in the line-up are Hong Kong's Marco Fu, rising Chinese star Liang Wenbo, Ryan Day, Ali Carter, Mark Selby and Chinese wild cards Xiao Guodong, Yu Delu and Tian Pengfei.

Great lineup again this year <ok>

Re: Allen To Defend Wuxi Title

Postby Casey

From what I remember last year, the prize money for this event is pretty good considering its size.

Postby Bourne

I hope Ding gets whitewashed again because it didn't seem to do him any harm last season.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:I hope Ding gets whitewashed again because it didn't seem to do him any harm last season.

:wave: I hope Allen wins it again. The final is best of 17 this year <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:From what I remember last year, the prize money for this event is pretty good considering its size.

Last Years prize fund

http://www.global-snooker.com/2009-Jian ... lassic.asp

Prize Fund

£20,000 Winner

£9,000 Runner Up

£8,000 Semi Final

£4,000 Group 3rd Place

£2,000 Group 4th Place

£2,500 appearance fee for Professionals

£1,000 High Break

Postby Casey

There is no group stage this year. So £20k for 3 days work + £2500 for an appearance. When you consider when some ranking events are only 35k for seven days………..

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:There is no group stage this year. So £20k for 3 days work + £2500 for an appearance. When you consider when some ranking events are only 35k for seven days………..

there was a tournament played in china Last season which Wenbo won that carried a first price of £50K

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:There is no group stage this year. So £20k for 3 days work + £2500 for an appearance. When you consider when some ranking events are only 35k for seven days………..

there was a tournament played in china Last season which Wenbo won that carried a first price of £50K

Are you sure? It wasn't a WPBSA pro tour event.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Are you sure? It wasn't a WPBSA pro tour event.

no i cant remember what it was i did a thread on it but i think that was on break off.

good old globalsnooker

http://www.global-snooker.com/2009-Beij ... llenge.asp

Prize Fund

£50,000 Winner

£25,000 Runner Up

£7,500 Semi Finalists

£2,500 High Break

Postby Casey

I think it was. If not then it will be streaming online.

Cheers for the info Wild. That’s a great wee earner for the players involved, hopefully is going again this year.

Postby Wildey

both these tournos mentioned wuxi and the other one was broadcast on eurosport last year.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I watched a bit of last years tournament on YouTube once and the crowds were huge. Bigger than I've seen in Beijing or Shanghai. It's probably to do with it being Dings hometown but it was still impressive.

Postby Black2white

eirebilly wrote:Eurosport or Eurosport 2 will show this tournement as they always do <ok>

:sad: no signs of it in the ES or ES2 tv schedule though
as I remember they didn't cover it last year

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Eurosport or Eurosport 2 will show this tournement as they always do <ok>

To be honest, that was my memory. But thought I was mistaken based on comments regarding my question, hence my excitement.

Saying that, I did check listings on the Eurosport website up to the day before the Welsh Open one year, with no mention of it. Then suddenly they realised it was on, and they changed their schedule, so it's possible. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Black2white wrote:

To be honest, that was my memory. But thought I was mistaken based on comments regarding my question, hence my excitement.

Saying that, I did check listings on the Eurosport website up to the day before the Welsh Open one year, with no mention of it. Then suddenly they realised it was on, and they changed their schedule, so it's possible. <laugh>

ive just messaged Dave Hendon see what he has to say.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive just messaged Dave Hendon see what he has to say.

Good man! <ok>

If it's on TV, I might try and sort the day off work... I have my doubts though. :-(

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:ive just messaged Dave Hendon see what he has to say.

Good man! <ok>

If it's on TV, I might try and sort the day off work... I have my doubts though. :-(

he did not answer me though :-(