Post a reply

Re: DOTT SEVERS MOONEY TIES AFTER MATCH-FIXING CLAIMS

Postby Witz78

we all have different opinions on the Higgins situation and whether it was right or wrong, but as far as the specifics of the case its a bit dodgy to try and guess or pre-judge exactly why certain things have happened until everything is in the public domain!!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:we all have different opinions on the Higgins situation and whether it was right or wrong, but as far as the specifics of the case its a bit dodgy to try and guess or pre-judge exactly why certain things have happened until everything is in the public domain!!

its said in the News of the World why Dott left mooney...

join the Q and sue them for it if its dodgy :john: sod all to do with me.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Templeton Peck wrote:His sponsors might have threatened to walk or anything. The fact that Mooney named a couple of players who they could bring into the deal and that Dott and Maguire are the two WS regulars then I don't blame him for steering well clear.

i also think someone advised him maybe family maybe sponsors but as i say i wouldn't have walked somethings are more important if you believe their innocence. but thats me loyal to the end <ok>

Surely you have to pick your loyalties though. If it was a friend, or family member, you'd stay loyal to them. But if it was a business adviser, or work colleague, whose guilt could potentially harm your career should you blindly rush in a show of loyalty. I think Dott did the right thing. If we were talking about his mother, then you wouldn't expect him to just march out and never speak to her again based on this sort of stuff. But, are you expecting Dott to risk his whole career over this? If Mooney is innocent, then Dott loses nothing by leaving, but if he makes a bold proclamation that he knows Mooney is innocent and stands by him, where does that leave him if Mooney is guilty? I doubt it'd Dott suspended, but it might leave a cloud over him, in the same way that Maguire and Burnett have one over them, and it would suddenly become a lot harder for him to concentrate on his game and win trophies.

Unless Dott and Mooney are close friends, I think Dott leaving is nowhere near as massive as you make out. If Dott only has a professional relationship with Mooney, then he probably wouldn't feel the same loyalty to him as he would others. Are you telling me you'd risk harming your career/future success for every single person you've met/worked with?

To paraphrase you wild, I think you're taking a scarecrow of a story, and turning it into Marilyn Monroe.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 12 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

no he walked after the NOTW showed him a video where mooney was seen as disusing Greame and Mark Selby in a light he Greame didn't like that is why he left exactly how i said ....he did not leave on the back of the story.

and just to put it from my perspective after that i would have also left.

Postby Wildey

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
Templeton Peck wrote:Could you just imagine what would happen if Wild got called up for jury duty?? Jesus...

I'd be happy if I was guilty of something and Wild was on the jury :innocent:

if you guilty you would be going down and although id like to think John is inocent his bacon is cooked if we as the jury goes on the evidence as it stands now.

Postby Roland

I've a story to tell on this subject.

I was on a plane last weekend and there were a group of Brummies sat behind me, a bloke in his 50's and his sister and wife. They were yabbering away for most of the flight and it was pretty irritating (but then I had to rise at 5am and without coffee I can be a monster myself and anything can irritate me) but anyway, at one point the subject got on to snooker and it went something like this (3 way conversation, Brummie accents):

"Did you watch the snooker last weekend?"
"Yeah, I watched it from the semi-finals"
"Did you see the one, what was it... Graeme Dott versus..."
"Mark Selby"
"Mark Selby, that's the one. Great match wasn't it?"
"Yeah but I felt a bit sorry for him in the end"
"Who Selby?"
"No Graeme Dott, he was tired in the final wasn't he?"
"Ah but he was in the papers wasn't he?"
"Was he?"
"Yeah, he's been caught match fixing, his manager and him have been fixing matches"
"Really? I thought that was someone else"
"No it was Dott, and that's why he lost because he knew he was in the rubbish"
"Oh really, I never knew that, well I'm glad he lost then"

etc etc

The sort of conversation that goes on with members of the general public. So poor old Dotty has ended up being tangled in this mess without even being involved just because his name was linked to Pat Mooney. So who can blame him for splitting company?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I haven't yet no but I should really give it a look...

in my opinion that is the sole reason Dott left mooney so soon after the allegations broke getting named in a deal involving corruption and if mooney was concerned they was the maffia why did he put other people in the rubbish ie Selby and Dott surely best course of action was trying to limit everything to who was in that room and leave other players and people totally out of it.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:in my opinion that is the sole reason Dott left mooney so soon after the allegations broke getting named in a deal involving corruption and if mooney was concerned they was the maffia why did he put other people in the rubbish ie Selby and Dott surely best course of action was trying to limit everything to who was in that room and leave other players and people totally out of it.

Maybe John Higgins just tagged along as he got knocked out early? Pat Mooney is in a right pile of it anyway whatever way you look at it. <ok>

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:in my opinion that is the sole reason Dott left mooney so soon after the allegations broke getting named in a deal involving corruption and if mooney was concerned they was the maffia why did he put other people in the rubbish ie Selby and Dott surely best course of action was trying to limit everything to who was in that room and leave other players and people totally out of it.

Maybe John Higgins just tagged along as he got knocked out early? Pat Mooney is in a right pile of it anyway whatever way you look at it. <ok>

Thats exactly how i see it John was put in a impossible situation and maybee he was concerned they was the mafia but in this second video mooney NAMED OTHER PLAYERS. now buck me if your talking to the mafia you might say other players as collectively but you would never NAME THE PLAYERS SUERLY.

Postby Iranu

Sonny wrote:I've a story to tell on this subject.

I was on a plane last weekend and there were a group of Brummies sat behind me, a bloke in his 50's and his sister and wife. They were yabbering away for most of the flight and it was pretty irritating (but then I had to rise at 5am and without coffee I can be a monster myself and anything can irritate me) but anyway, at one point the subject got on to snooker and it went something like this (3 way conversation, Brummie accents):

"Did you watch the snooker last weekend?"
"Yeah, I watched it from the semi-finals"
"Did you see the one, what was it... Graeme Dott versus..."
"Mark Selby"
"Mark Selby, that's the one. Great match wasn't it?"
"Yeah but I felt a bit sorry for him in the end"
"Who Selby?"
"No Graeme Dott, he was tired in the final wasn't he?"
"Ah but he was in the papers wasn't he?"
"Was he?"
"Yeah, he's been caught match fixing, his manager and him have been fixing matches"
"Really? I thought that was someone else"
"No it was Dott, and that's why he lost because he knew he was in the poo"
"Oh really, I never knew that, well I'm glad he lost then"

etc etc

The sort of conversation that goes on with members of the general public. So poor old Dotty has ended up being tangled in this mess without even being involved just because his name was linked to Pat Mooney. So who can blame him for splitting company?

It's depressing how a Brummie accent makes any uninformed statement sound twice as idiotic. One of the many reasons I'm glad that I managed to avoid getting one.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I've justed watched the NOTW footage. Mooney is screwed.

from your take on that vid what is your stance on john.

i think he got rail roaded in that meeting and John wasn't meant to be there he was after-all meant to be in a World Semi had he got through.

Postby Roland

I think John is probably regretting the day he ever met Pat Mooney.

The really annoying thing about it is the pair of them were doing seriously good things for snooker. I mean really really good things for snooker. That's why I'm inclined to think the real villain in all of this isn't Pat Mooney but the person who grassed them up to NOTW.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I think John is probably regretting the day he ever met Pat Mooney.

The really annoying thing about it is the pair of them were doing seriously good things for snooker. I mean really really good things for snooker. That's why I'm inclined to think the real villain in all of this isn't Pat Mooney but the person who grassed them up to NOTW.

yes and no what good would a World series be if the players taking part was being taken for mugs.

the concept of a world series could have worked but everyone involved had to stay clear of making deals like this with sponsors of any kind.

lets not forget one very important thing in all of this ....the meeting in kiev was not done on the spare of the moment it was a planned meeting so having John Higgins there was a bonus not the sting.....the sting was pat mooney.

but a headline in the NOTW involving mooney would not have been as big as having John there.

Postby Casey

Well Wild I don’t think the players would have been taken for mugs. The whole point about the world series was to promote snooker, the winning off it isn’t that important.

As for Dott, once the story broke he was always going to leave Mooney, he has a family to support after all and that has to come before any allegiances with Mooney. The NOTW showing him the video would only have speeded the process up ;)

Also I wonder did Mooney get his 10% from Dotty’s WC prize money?
:john:

Postby Wildey

CASE

Lets get one thing crystal clear on this the money NOTW spent to get mooney i would suspect they was 100% sure they would get him so i got to ask a question what else has he been up to ??

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:CASE

Lets get one thing crystal clear on this the money NOTW spent to get mooney i would suspect they was 100% sure they would get him so i got to ask a question what else has he been up to ??

:huh2:

I don’t know enough about his management company. Stories like this usually means more will come out of the woodwork.......

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:John is pretty confident he will get off but i cant for the life of me see how he will escape some sort of ban.

Yes he does seem pretty sure. Unless he has some sort of evidence that we do not know about? Mooney was meant to release a statement this week but still no sign of it.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:John is pretty confident he will get off but i cant for the life of me see how he will escape some sort of ban.

Yes he does seem pretty sure. Unless he has some sort of evidence that we do not know about? Mooney was meant to release a statement this week but still no sign of it.

could it be he was the guy who shopped mooney ????

god cant be that surely lol

Postby Eirebilly

I think that Dott is doing the right thing by distancing himself. It may not mean that he distrusts Mooney, it seems more like he just doesnt want to get mixed up in things.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:I think that Dott is doing the right thing by distancing himself. It may not mean that he distrusts Mooney, it seems more like he just doesnt want to get mixed up in things.

mate he distrusts mooney because mooney has been caught on video saying ill get Dott to throw a frame because its for TV Perposes lol

thats why hes left thats why mooney is toast.

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I think that Dott is doing the right thing by distancing himself. It may not mean that he distrusts Mooney, it seems more like he just doesnt want to get mixed up in things.

mate he distrusts mooney because mooney has been caught on video saying ill get Dott to throw a frame because its for TV Perposes lol

Assumptions wild, personally i feel that Dott just wants to stay out of the public eye.

Postby SnookerFan

eirebilly wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Assumptions wild, personally i feel that Dott just wants to stay out of the public eye.

Of course it's an assumption, but it's a pretty logical one. If he's on camera bringing Dott's name into this, of course Dott would want to make a statement that he was in no way involved in this.

We were making wilder assumptions before we were aware Mooney had said this, to be honest.