Post a reply

Lisowski Top of the PIOS

Postby Wildey

After Some Negativity lately its nice to focus on the positives for the future.

http://www.global-snooker.com/global-sn ... 100508.asp

18-year-old sensation, Jack Lisowski has won the eight and final PIOS event and claimed his place amongst snooker’s elite next season.

His achievement is made all the more remarkable by the fact that it is less than two years since he was given the all clear from cancer.

After winning such a tough battle, he has made securing a place on the professional tour look easy.

The likeable youngster won the first and last event in the eight event series, breaking Kuldesh Johal’s ranking points record in the process.

He will now take his rightful place on tour with the likes of world champion, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Ding Junhui.

He will be joined by 19-year-old, Liam Highfield who finished second after making the early running and leading the PIOS Rankings race midway through the season.

Scotland’s Anthony McGill (19) and England’s Kyren Wilson (18) make up an impressive quartet of young guns making their first appearance on the professional circuit in the 2010/11 season.

These four debutants will be joined by four players who have previous experience at snooker’s highest level.

Paul Davison also won two events in finishing third with Jamie O’Neill (6th), Justin Astley (7th) and Jamie Jones (8th).

Re: Lisowski Top of the PIOS

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:After Some Negativity lately its nice to focus on the positives for the future.

http://www.global-snooker.com/global-sn ... 100508.asp

18-year-old sensation, Jack Lisowski has won the eight and final PIOS event and claimed his place amongst snooker’s elite next season.

His achievement is made all the more remarkable by the fact that it is less than two years since he was given the all clear from cancer.

After winning such a tough battle, he has made securing a place on the professional tour look easy.

The likeable youngster won the first and last event in the eight event series, breaking Kuldesh Johal’s ranking points record in the process.

He will now take his rightful place on tour with the likes of world champion, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Ding Junhui.

He will be joined by 19-year-old, Liam Highfield who finished second after making the early running and leading the PIOS Rankings race midway through the season.

Scotland’s Anthony McGill (19) and England’s Kyren Wilson (18) make up an impressive quartet of young guns making their first appearance on the professional circuit in the 2010/11 season.

These four debutants will be joined by four players who have previous experience at snooker’s highest level.

Paul Davison also won two events in finishing third with Jamie O’Neill (6th), Justin Astley (7th) and Jamie Jones (8th).

<ok>

well done to Jack and the other 7 players. Im expecting big things from Lisowski next season. At worst another potential Judd Trump i feel <ok>

Also good to see Reanne Evans getting a wildcard onto the tour for next season, should spice things up a bit and create a bit more media interest. Well done Barry Hearn <ok>

Postby Bourne

Nice one Jack, that's a very sound feel-good story for the sport, hope he does well next season <ok>

Postby Wildey

as a first season pro what would be a good season for him .

i think just stay on tour and consolidate his position... it wont be easy but as Drago showed its possible i know Drago is more experience but lets be honest he plays a young mans game and wouldn't have grinded out qualifying results.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:as a first season pro what would be a good season for him .

i think just stay on tour and consolidate his position... it wont be easy but as Drago showed its possible i know Drago is more experience but lets be honest he plays a young mans game and wouldn't have grinded out qualifying results.

With rolling rankings id expect it to be easier for the newcomers to stay on tour too <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

With rolling rankings id expect it to be easier for the newcomers to stay on tour too <ok>

i dont know about easier but it would be a fairer reflection of where they are at that time...

i just think to make that work there needs to be a rethink with some tournament especially the china open... having WC Qualls before the china open is a hindrance for rolling rankings.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

i dont know about easier but it would be a fairer reflection of where they are at that time...

i just think to make that work there needs to be a rethink with some tournament especially the china open... having WC Qualls before the china open is a hindrance for rolling rankings.

Yes qualifiers for the next tournament should be held after the previous tournament so the rankings have been updated and seedings are totally up to date for the qualifying.

Im sure it will be easier for newcomers, instead of being locked into the bottom rung of qualifying for the entire season some will get up into the top 64 and have less qualifiers to play and this may help propel their progress up the rankings.

Postby Templeton Peck

I guess the seedings for each tournament would be frozen before the qualifiers? So even if the China Open alters the rankings, the seedings for the WC will be done off the rankings at the start of the WC qualifiers. It won't be perfect, but it's essentially no different to having a seeding different to your provisional ranking, except your seeding will only be one or two tournaments out of date possibly.

Postby Wildey

Templeton Peck wrote:I guess the seedings for each tournament would be frozen before the qualifiers? So even if the China Open alters the rankings, the seedings for the WC will be done off the rankings at the start of the WC qualifiers.

yes i can see that and why not <ok>