Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 2 : Marco Fu v Mark Selby

Postby Jester82

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ding will destroy Selby, I hope.

Still, cant believe Selby reached the Final playing like he has.

its a massive compliment to Selby that he has

Indeed it is.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though. A bit like Higgins v Trump in 2011. No way Mark will be outplayed in the final, too much at stake for Ding.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 30 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Cowards way to win a match

buck off its about winning buck how you do it

For the people saying the results are all that matter and it doens't matter how you win... If that's the case why do we even botter watching the snooker? We should just read the results in the end.

I take pride in what I do. Snooker players should do as well. Results are important but everyone wants to play good snooker I imagine.

Same with football, you can't alway play beautifully...

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Probably, but I see it more like the other players weren't capable of beating a very below par and sometimes awful play from Selby.

Still, what matter is he's in the Final. I don't think he'l get past Ding, unless he seriously improves his game.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Your showing your Selby bias there mate ;-)

no i dont give a buck how players play to win ive made no secret of that i defended the Dott win in 2006 the Robbo win in 2010 because i just love that kind of graft and winning no matter how is the most important thing

Postby Holden Chinaski

Jester82 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Indeed it is.

Surely, reaching the final playing fantastic snooker is a bigger achievement than reaching it playing crap?

Selby is a fighter but he had an easy draw and has been very lucky. He did play good in his last frames against Fu.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

For the people saying the results are all that matter and it doens't matter how you win... If that's the case why do we even botter watching the snooker? We should just read the results in the end.

I take pride in what I do. Snooker players should do as well. Results are important but everyone wants to play good snooker I imagine.

pride means rubbish mate ask Judd who was going for every pot or Ronnie who couldn't get past Hawkins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Your showing your Selby bias there mate ;-)

no i dont give a buck how players play

Then why bother watching the snooker? Just look up who won in the end if that's all that matters.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:Surely, reaching the final playing fantastic snooker is a bigger achievement than reaching it playing crap?

Selby is a fighter but he had an easy draw and has been very lucky. He did play good in his last frames against Fu.

AKA when it mattered. He's always pushed ahead when the guy got close and I can see him coming out playing well against Ding because he knows it'll matter. Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

pride means rubbish mate ask Judd who was going for every pot or Ronnie who couldn't get past Hawkins.

Ronnie has pride. No shame in losing like that. Ronnie would hate to win playing like an amateur. He has said this himself in the past.

Pride means a lot for me.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Indeed it is.

Surely, reaching the final playing fantastic snooker is a bigger achievement than reaching it playing crap?

mate you are showing bitterness and boy your really letting yourself down.

i wanted Selby to win REALLY BADLY tonight because some so called fans on here will get really snake hissed off and you havent disappointed me at all :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby SavoMilosevic

Marco's biggest mistake was that he let Selby make the frames so scrappy and slow. He should have played the way McManus did against Ding (with more risky shots and open balls) and simply try to outscore Selby. He was scoring a lot heavier than Mark in the first 3 sessions and during the whole tournament. It's obvious that the pressure gets to him more, that's why he hasn't won more titles in his career.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Indeed it is.

i wanted Selby to win REALLY BADLY tonight because some so called fans on here will get really snake hissed off and you havent disappointed me at all :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I'm not snake hissed off at all. My second favorite player is in the final. And he got their playing good snooker as well. I just don't don't understand when some people have no problem with their favorite player playing crap. I would be ashamed if Ronnie played crap like that.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm not snake hissed off at all. My second favorite player is in the final. And he got their playing good snooker as well. I just don't don't understand when some people have no problem with their favorite player playing crap. I would be ashamed if Ronnie played crap like that.

I wouldn't say no problem. I personally don't have a problem with Selby playing crap if he wins. If he lost, I'd be pretty snake hissed off because Mark didn't turn up. And given the choice between Selby playing crap and losing, and playing crap and winning, I'd take the latter all day long.

Postby Iranu

He stepped up his game when it came to the crunch, and played the right shots, rather than going for low percentage pots, which was vindicated when he won.

Suddenly that's a coward's victory? Are you forgetting all the difficult long ones that he potted right in the middle of the pocket? That's far from cowardly.

I'm happy for him. After his rumoured personal problems the last couple of months he's done extremely well to get to the final.

I'd rather Ding wins but won't be disappointed either way.

Postby Lucky

Whatever you do in life, you should try to do it to the highest standard possible. My job isn't screened on TV or watched by millions. But I pride myself on being as good as possible at what I do. So to say performance is irrelevent is doing Selby a dis-service. I love tension and players cracking under pressure......unfortunately some see what is actually bad quality snooker, and sell it as snake oil, and make out its the essence of matchplay snooker.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm not snake hissed off at all. My second favorite player is in the final. And he got their playing good snooker as well. I just don't don't understand when some people have no problem with their favorite player playing crap. I would be ashamed if Ronnie played crap like that.

I wouldn't say no problem. I personally don't have a problem with Selby playing crap if he wins. If he lost, I'd be pretty snake hissed off because Mark didn't turn up. And given the choice between Selby playing crap and losing, and playing crap and winning, I'd take the latter all day long.

yea no point playing well and losing or improving sunday down the pub on a pool table its about doing the best you can to get over the line.

People are going on and on about it as if Selby doesn't want to make centuries doesn't want to clear up with 70s or 80s.

bottom line is if your out of form what should you do lose on purpose? or try your balls off to win?

in sport id like the latter any day.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Indeed it is.

i wanted Selby to win REALLY BADLY tonight because some so called fans on here will get really snake hissed off and you havent disappointed me at all

:bouncing: WOWWWWWWW!!,Wild must be absolutely buzzing and jumpin for joy. :bouncing:

In all my years on Snooker Island i cannot ever recall him using so many smileys in one post.
He,s set his own personal new record. :-D

:happy: :happy: :mosh2: Wildey :mosh2: :happy: :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

I have,nt had to time to read all the comments,but will do at some point.

I bet there,ll be a good few sour grapes flyin around,but we saw that coming anyway. :-D

I actually watched the conclusion yesterday and was pleased that both upped there game.

Fu will be absolutely kickin himself as he knew that Mark was there for the taking,throughout the match,especially in the first 2 sessions,he blew numerous chances.

Conrats to him in gettin as far as the semis after many years again.

Full credit to Mark though,he stepped up when it really got to the nitty gritty.

As i wrote in another thread earlier this week,one can always try n twist n turn things to try and put a certain player down,to try n devalue they,re wins,achievements,that eg,they were lucky that they,re opponent missed certain balls,or got the run o the balls,or that they got away with more,had easier draws,etc,etc,but FACT is,everyone get more than they,re fair of chances in matches,especially in a best of 33.

Mark at times might not have played the prettyiest of snooker,but it,s not a pub get together,exhibition,it,s matchplay,proper tournament snooker.

Apart from the odd glimspes of gold,He has been poor throughout this tourney,in fact lately in general,but due to his grit,determination,will to win,pottin certain balls,producing crackin tactical shots in certain frames,at key moments,he,s come through and has qualified for the final.

FACT is,he beat Fu and the win,as well as all of his other wins,achievements are sound n safe in the history books now,nothin and no-one can change that.

:clap: <ok> Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done Mark!. <ok> :clap: