Topic locked

Legends of Snooker

Postby SnookerFan

I am going to the one in Redhill in a couple of weeks. Should be good. Looking forward to it... There's quite a lot of them going on, all over the country. Anybody going/gone to any of them?

Share stories and pictures here.

Re: Legends of Snooker

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

There is one on in July in Dublin. The owner of the club that I play in is very good mates with the Jimmy fella so I'm going down with him that night to have a good time with the Jimmy fella all being well. Looking forward to it too.

Postby Casey

Is that the Citywest? I was there a couple of times for the Irish Masters, I might go down for this and stay over. What date John and who is the line up that night?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

case_master wrote:Is that the Citywest? I was there a couple of times for the Irish Masters, I might go down for this and stay over. What date John and who is the line up that night?

July 4th I think it is it is case. Yep, in the City west. If your up for it, join the firm for the night, you'll be looked after, come down with me if you want. It'll be a good night.

Postby Casey

hhhmmm, a Sunday night. It will be tuff for me to get off work for a day in July because there is the two week holiday that most companies take that month.

Postby Witz78

Dublin in July to see the Legends? Hmm that kinda floats my boat just a bit, will put the feelers out to see if theres any interest. Tickets still available i suppose?

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:Dublin in July to see the Legends? Hmm that kinda floats my boat just a bit, will put the feelers out to see if theres any interest. Tickets still available i suppose?

Aye I just checked the website and they are, if I can get the Monday off work I might go. its a great venue as well <ok>

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Dublin in July to see the Legends? Hmm that kinda floats my boat just a bit, will put the feelers out to see if theres any interest. Tickets still available i suppose?

Aye I just checked the website and they are, if I can get the Monday off work I might go. its a great venue as well <ok>

Nice, whats the venue like? Is it the one Higgins beat Hendry in the 89 Irish Masters?

Think ill round up a mate and head down earlydoors on the Saturday and make a weekend of it then <ok>

nearly 2 years since i was last in Dublin, im due another fix rofl

Postby Casey

No that was Goffs, one of the players all time favourites. The Citywest hosted the Irish Masters from 01, really nice hotel outside the City, although the pints are about 5euro/ £4.50 from what I remember so bring plenty of cash <laugh>

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:No that was Goffs, one of the players all time favourites. The Citywest hosted the Irish Masters from 01, really nice hotel outside the City, although the pints are about 5euro/ £4.50 from what I remember so bring plenty of cash <laugh>

just 4.50?? <ok> Last time i was in Dublin i remember buying 4 vodkas and coke and hardly getting any change from 30Euros rofl

Postby Casey

Yep Spirits and mixers will be wild dear...lucky I take blackcurrent with my vodka <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody seen the legends of snooker website? Reckon it's worth buying a T-Shirt with a picture of Michaela Tabb on for twenty quid? <laugh>

I mean, I fancy the pants of her and all, but bloody hell....

Postby N_Castle07

I wanted to go to the one in Leeds but it only has Jimmy White, Cliff Thorburn and John Virgo on that night. I really wanted to go to see Alex Higgins. I might go to the one in Doncaster but the website doesn't say who is playing on that night.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:I wanted to go to the one in Leeds but it only has Jimmy White, Cliff Thorburn and John Virgo on that night. I really wanted to go to see Alex Higgins. I might go to the one in Doncaster but the website doesn't say who is playing on that night.

im not sure if Alex will be taking part in as much as has been advertised because he is so ill.

originally Dennis Taylor was not involved in them but i herd during commentary he will play in some of the dates i wander if that is as a replacement for Alex ?

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:I wanted to go to the one in Leeds but it only has Jimmy White, Cliff Thorburn and John Virgo on that night. I really wanted to go to see Alex Higgins. I might go to the one in Doncaster but the website doesn't say who is playing on that night.

im not sure if Alex will be taking part in as much as has been advertised because he is so ill.

originally Dennis Taylor was not involved in them but i herd during commentary he will play in some of the dates i wander if that is as a replacement for Alex ?

Will be a while before Alex is playing again as he been back in and out of hospital since the ill fated decision to discharge himself from hospital a week after going in with pneumonia so he could play in the Legends at The Crucible. Hopefully he will get on the mend, and if he gets the new teeth fitted this will boost his low self esteem and also he will be able to eat solids again which he badly needs to build up his strength.

Id imagine the new World Seniors Championship will be what Alex might have pencilled in as a comeback target.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

You may be right.

I noticed on the website the other day Dennis Taylor was advertised at the one I am seeing, and I thought; "Strange. I could've sworn it said Alex Higgins when I brought the tickets."

Postby SnookerFan

I'M SO PSYCHED!!! I am going tomorrow. :ba: :ba:

The weekend is always better when I am going to see live snooker. :D