Post a reply

Clive Everton back on the BBC

Postby Roland

Finally, someone has seen sense!

The way he was initially sacked was a travesty and there was a gaping hole at the Crucible once we got to the single table situation. But I'm very pleased and surprised to hear his words of wisdom back on the beeb at the Grand Prix and long may it continue.

Clive Everton = Legend :idea:

Re: Clive Everton back on the BBC

Postby MED

im struggling to get a understanding of here yet so im missing threads .

Ive just posted this on 606

"how about this scenario then Clive Everton might be Ken Doherty's Deputy while Ken still involved in a tournament ?"

Postby Wildey

MED wrote:im struggling to get a understanding of here yet so im missing threads .

"how about this scenario then Clive Everton might be Ken Doherty's Deputy while Ken still involved in a tournament ?"

na i doubt Clive would even consider playing second fiddle anyway.

Postby Roland

Yes I had thought of that but hopefully Clive isn't an "extra" because he should be head commentator.

You certainly feel there's a clique going on with Thorne, Virgo and Taylor although Taylor seems to enjoy commentating with Clive.

I know Thorne has a problem with Clive after an article he published in Snooker Scene, but it's interesting when you see old clips of Thorne and Everton together. Thorne was always trying to gain approval, and you can tell he really looked up to him. I'm guessing Clive hurt his feelings and that's why he refuses to commentate with him nowadays. In short, he's having a prolonged strop!

Thorne and Everton would make a good team. Here's hoping they can bury the hatchet and get together again before it's too late.

Postby Roland

MED wrote:im struggling to get a understanding of here yet so im missing threads .

There's a "view active topics" buttom at the top of the forum <ok>

Postby Roland

I don't know but you can imagine if you've ever read Snooker Scene. Willie is obviously more sensitive than others who would realise Everton was just doing his job and it was nothing personal. After all, if Everton were to cover up stories just because he's friends with the subject then he wouldn't be a journalist would he?

Postby Wildey

it seems that clive isnt back he has not been herd since Saturday.

it is totally unbelievable that Clive Everton with a pedigree in snooker as Player,Commentator and Jernalist stretching back over 40+ years is playing second fiddle to Ken Doherty.

there are other people better suited to the role than Ken including Terry Griffiths and Neal Foulds.

so why elevate Ken to replace the voice of Snooker over the likes of Griffiths and Foulds ?

baffeling

Postby Lucky

I struggle to understan Ken sometimes, he's a nice fella and all that, but his accent is a little on the 'thick' side for broadcasting <doh>

Postby Wildey

Because Ken playing today they have wheeled out Clive from the press room <laugh>

Postby Dr Magus

Lucky balls wrote:I struggle to understan Ken sometimes, he's a nice fella and all that, but his accent is a little on the 'thick' side for broadcasting <doh>

You mean a liddle on da 'tick' soide.

The only reason the beeb use him is cos it helps their politically-correct stance on using non-english accents. Doherty didn't replace Everton cos he's a better commentator!