Post a reply

Who do you think was the best player of the season 09/10 ?

Neil Robertson
56%
Ding Junhui
31%
Mark Williams
No votes
John Higgins
6%
Other
6%

Total votes : 16

Player of the Season 09/10 - POLL

Postby Bourne

Just a simple vote/thread over the next month or so for Islanders to say who they thought was the best player of the season 2009/10 and why. Here are the strongest candidates:

Neil Robertson - World Champion, Grand Prix Champion and Provisional World Number Two. (Shanghai L32, GP Win, UK L16, Masters L16, Welsh L16, China L16, WC Win)

Ding Junhui - UK Champion, Grand Prix Runner-Up and China Open Runner-Up. One-Year List #1. (Shanghai QF, GP Final, UK Win, Masters L16, Welsh L32, China Final, WC L16)

Mark Williams - China Open Champion, back in World's top-eight. (Shanghai L16, GP SF, UK L16, Masters SF, Welsh QF, China Win, WC L16)

John Higgins - Welsh Open Champion, UK Finalist and back at #1. (Shanghai SF, GP SF, UK Final, Masters L16, Welsh Win, China L16, WC L16)

Re: Player of the Season 09/10 - POLL

Postby GJ

i would say a joint award robbo and ding :afro:

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:neil robertson 2 rankers including WC

:ahh:

Postby Wildey

ive Gone for Ding on a consistent Level of performances Reaching 3 Finals but There is nothing between them with 75% of BBC Tournaments going overseas for the first time.

Postby Bourne

For me, it's fair to say the two at the top are the strongest candiates. Robbo won two tournaments including the biggest one, but the two tournaments he won were his only good ones (didn't make QF in another), whereas Ding had a more consistent season and made more finals, inc. winning the 2nd biggest tourn.

I have to choose between them, so I am going for Robbo, he's had some tough draws in that time and wasn't on form leading into the Worlds, but I respect anyone who can raise their game when they need to and he did that.

Postby GJ

good point chumba people on 606 say he had an easy worlds draw but you could say he was due a better draw considering he had ronnie in round 1 at the masters and higgins in round 2 at the uk championship

draws even themselves itself out IMO

Ding did great and will kick on next year

Postby Wildey

i am going to stick with ding but how many players has won 2 ranking title in the same season twice only the snooker greats so hats off to robertson.

and a ranking title every year since 2006.

anyone that mocks this guy im sorry but they are clueless at what level he is now playing at as a winner.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:Tony drago

Why ?

michael holt was marmite <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:Tony drago

Why ?

Hasn't he won more matches than anyone else this season?

Postby Templeton Peck

Ding's been the most consistent player, but he's had trouble raising his game against top players. Robertson won two rankers which is good going and I think the only players to do that this century are Higgins, Ronnie, Williams, Doherty and Ebdon. Not even Hendry pulled it off. Robertson of course did it in 2006/07 too, but that's the company he's in now. Interesting to note that they're all world champions too.

Postby Wildey

Templeton Peck wrote:Forgot Maguire in 2007/08! Still, looking at that list maybe there's hope yet for Maguire at the Crucible.

yes but only Higgins,Ronnie and Williams has won 2 or more Ranking Tournaments in the season twice or more. thats the company Robertson is starting to keep obviously a hell of a long way to go to catch them up but Realisticly Doherty on 6 and Ebdon on 8 is within his grasp.