Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Finals !

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Deciding day for the Quarter-Final matches, where one of them has already been decided with Ding Junhui smashing Mark Williams 13-3 with a session to spare to book a Semi-Final place for the first time since 2011.

Elsewhere, we have the battle of the two Scots, 4 times World Champion John Higgins against good friend Alan McManus, holding a 5-3 lead. Marco Fu also leads against Ronnie O'Sullivan conqueror Barry Hawkins, this match with a huge margin, 7-1 lead in Marco's favour. Can he make the most of that and also book a Semi-Final since 2006? And can Mark Selby convert his 10-6 lead v Kyren Wilson into a win?

All to be decided tomorrow. Who shall make the Crucible Semi-Finals and earn that wonderful one table-setup?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 27th of April

10am

Alan McManus 3-5 John Higgins Higgins leads 12-9
Kyren Wilson 6-10 Mark Selby Selby leads 3-1

2.30pm

Ding Junhui 13-3 Mark Williams Ding leads 10-6
Marco Fu 7-1 Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7

7pm

Alan McManus 3-5 John Higgins Higgins leads 12-9
Marco Fu 7-1 Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Andre147

Higgins should pull away I think tomorrow.

Selby has this match won, Kyren wasted a golden chance to at least be 9-7 behind, not even saying 8-8.

And as for Fu, Hawkins might threaten a comeback, but I think Marco will win it, easily or not.

Postby Skullman

Hope nothing eventful happens in the Selby match. Have to miss the morning session, and can't find a way around it.

If Hawkins hits a purple patch, he has a chance, especially as they're in back to back sessions, so there's slightly less time for Marco to regroup. Can see Higgins scrapping through, just doing enough.

Postby Alex0paul

snookerlover wrote:Some bizarre scheduling here, surely the Selby match should be in the afternoon with them having played this evening? With Marco Fu v Barry Hawkins playing the morning and evening rather than having back to backs?

Its always been thats schedule

Postby snookerlover

Alex0paul wrote:
snookerlover wrote:Some bizarre scheduling here, surely the Selby match should be in the afternoon with them having played this evening? With Marco Fu v Barry Hawkins playing the morning and evening rather than having back to backs?

Its always been thats schedule

And it's always been bizarre when there's an incredibly easy alternative that means nobody has to play back-to-back sessions.

The only back-to-back sessions should be in the final.

Postby vodkadiet

Will they have the dividing wall up tomorrow afternoon with a John Virgo exhibition on table one, with Willie Thorne laughing in one of the chairs; and the Hawkins vs Fu match on table two?

Hawkins and Fu have to keep getting up off the shot because of continuous laughter on the other side of the partition, and only complete 3 frames of the scheduled 8 because of it...

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:Higgins should pull away I think tomorrow.

Selby has this match won, Kyren wasted a golden chance to at least be 9-7 behind, not even saying 8-8.

And as for Fu, Hawkins might threaten a comeback, but I think Marco will win it, easily or not.

Indeed. There's still a chance, the match isn't over, but having watched Kyren throughout this tournament, he seems to have a quite the temperament problem. Don't care what anyone says, he throws hissy fits in his chair and lets himself get wound up far too easily. The Perry match was laughable with all the childish antics he was doing.

He needs to sort that out, or at least control it better.

Hopefully Hawk brings some game, I don't really want a procession.

If there is a God out there, I would love McManus to wreck Higgins and send him home. In the likely event that doesn't happen, Ding had better be ready for a huge coming-of-age match in his semi.

Postby vodkadiet

Apparently Dominic Dale is going to commentate on every Judd Trump match next season, and on every Trump shot is going to shout out "Where's the cue ball going? Where's the cue ball going?"

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:hope ding doesnt crumble vs higgins tomorrow.

higgins has played garbage so far and still reaches the semis. so wrong.

Its not wrong that is the secret of snooker and BTW hes nowhere near the semis yet

Postby PoolBoy

That's what match-play is all about - beat what's in front of you! It's always been one of Higgins' strengths - winning when not at the top of his game.
Incidentally, both Ryan Day and Ricky Walden, who Higgins has seen-off, came into the tournament in better form (and higher in the season's rankings) than Barry Hawkins.

Postby GJ

Good luck Kyren

Wildey

Are you a little concerned your pre tournament Higgins prediction may be totally wrong ? :chin:

Awaits guru mention a prediction of mine .....
Last edited by GJ on 27 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cue Guru

No Ronnie, Robbo, Judd. But still we have the dross in the comp. :sad: The gods have punished snooker two years in a row, when will the evil stop?

Postby Dan-cat

Gridlock wrote:Just a little note to hope everyone's snooker Christmas is going well!

Griddy McGridster!

Actually, snooker Christmas has not been going well for me. The tournament itself has been spectacular - thrills and spills, upsets and car crashes! Angle's run, Ding's phoenix-like rise from the ashes of his terrible form, RoboBazza, the Rocket's in-off etc

Unfortunately I've only been able to snatch bits of it in a very unsatisfactory manner - I've been catching up on BBC and youtube (god bless SnookerRoomRU, they upload so quickly! Must remember to send them a donation). The only thing about that is, I really like to watch the matches without knowing the results, so that means avoiding Snooker Island (not fun, I miss everyone's chat on here), Twitter etc. My mum got ill so that's taken up time and I've had a lot of music and other work on. I fly to LA tomorrow to go to a music festival in the Nevada Desert called Further Future (www.furtherfuture.com) - I got a free ticket for this about 6 weeks ago so I was always gonna go, which means missing the final Crucible weekend altogether - gaaaaaahhh!! I don't get back here until next Tuesday at 2pm - will I be able to resist typing BBC Snooker into Google, flicking to Twitter, or coming on here before then? I just don't know. Grrrr!

I think next year I'm going to take a leaf out of Snookerfan's book and just book the whole final week off.

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:Apparently Dominic Dale is going to commentate on every Judd Trump match next season, and on every Trump shot is going to shout out "Where's the cue ball going? Where's the cue ball going?"

hehehehe

Dale really has deleted his Twitter account over this debacle!

Postby Cue Guru

GJ wrote:Good luck Kyren

Wildey

Are you a little concerned your pre tournament Higgins prediction may be totally wrong ? :chin:

Awaits guru mention a prediction of mine .....

Come on Mystic Meg, make the calls on the matches, semis and finals winner and loser!

Postby Dan-cat

kruppy wrote:Doherty, that announcer, and the entire refereeing crew just passed by outside the crucible cafe. The show is on. Go Kyren!

ah man I wish I was there!!! I saw Doherty stack it just outside Cue Zone one year, that was funny!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Ding play well last night? I was about drunk.

They wouldn't shut up about the 'new tip' excuse, but yeah, Ding slaughtered MJW. Few of the frames were a break-building masterclass around the pink and black.

Best i've seen Ding in a long while. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Ding play well last night? I was about drunk.

How are you feeling this morning?

Tired. I was woken up last night by a bang and a flash in my room. It was just one of my plugs blowing a fuse, but I didn't go back to sleep.

Drinking a lot of soft drinks to stop my thirst.