Seriously? Its pathetic

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Cue Guru

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Grow up Wilson

what did he do?

Keeps carrying on everytime a bit of bad luck goes against him

Remember all the luck Judd got against Ding. He didn't bite. If you do that, you're out the zone and the balls are controlling you, not the other way around. It's about being positive. Negativity and resentment doesn't solve the problems on the table, it only raises the angry chimp to the surface. Snooker is played with the rational brain, not the chimp. Ronnie learnt that the hard way.
Last edited by Cue Guru on 26 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

No Willie, the worst session of Selby's life was against Jamie Jones at the UK. One of the biggest chokes in the recent times from Jones, but it's a testament to everything that makes Selby, Selby -- just sticks in there.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cue Guru wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Grow up Wilson

what did he do?

Keeps carrying on everytime a bit of bad luck goes against him

Remember all the luck Judd got against Ding. He didn't bite. If you do that, you're out the zone and the balls are controlling you, not the other way around. It's about being positive.

Agree.

If I was his opponent, seeing someone getting frustrated like that would give me massive encouragement.

Postby Skullman

Cheshire Cat wrote:No Willie, the worst session of Selby's life was against Jamie Jones at the UK. One of the biggest chokes in the recent times from Jones, but it's a testament to everything that makes Selby, Selby -- just sticks in there.

He's played far, far worse. And usually ends losing match then.

I remember a match against Perry where Selby's highest break was 9. 9!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:No Willie, the worst session of Selby's life was against Jamie Jones at the UK. One of the biggest chokes in the recent times from Jones, but it's a testament to everything that makes Selby, Selby -- just sticks in there.

He's played far, far worse. And usually ends losing match then.

I remember a match against Perry where Selby's highest break was 9. 9!

Did he win that one?

Postby pasunegirafe

I felt a bit nervous before the second session, and now I know why. It seemed to be more about who would miss less balls than who would pot more. Stupid tense last frame.
And who was that woman that made that loud yelp when Kyren fluked the red? My god, woman, calm down!

Anyway, I can still catch the last half hour of The Godfather. Good way to calm my nerves.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Typical houdini from Selby. Somehow he shared the session.

Yeah, Wilson should have made the most of that and at the very least win tne session 5-3 and be only 9-7 behind.

Selby would have to really choke it from here in order to lose this match.

Postby Alex0paul

Cue Guru wrote:
Skullman wrote:Whitewashed.

So how many frames to zero does Ding have to win in the semi to get the unanswered frames record? Wonder what the odds would be Alex?

Think the record is something like 38 which Stephen Lee did over a number of matches in qualifying once. The record in one match is 13

Postby Skullman

Cue Guru wrote:

So how many frames to zero does Ding have to win in the semi to get the unanswered frames record? Wonder what the odds would be Alex?

As in how many frames in a row Ding needs?

13 record in a match.
16 record in an individual year at the Worlds.
19 record overall at the World, spread over two years.

Postby Cue Guru

Alex0paul wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

Think the record is something like 38 which Stephen Lee did over a number of matches in qualifying once. The record in one match is 13

Bloody hell!

Postby Morinas77

Cue Guru wrote:Remember all the luck Judd got against Ding. He didn't bite. If you do that, you're out the zone and the balls are controlling you, not the other way around. It's about being positive. Negativity and resentment doesn't solve the problems on the table, it only raises the angry chimp to the surface. Snooker is played with the rational brain, not the chimp. Ronnie learnt that the hard way.

When? I remember Ebdon was nonstop talking about Ding's ballrun in the 2nd session.

Postby Cue Guru

Morinas77 wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:Remember all the luck Judd got against Ding. He didn't bite. If you do that, you're out the zone and the balls are controlling you, not the other way around. It's about being positive. Negativity and resentment doesn't solve the problems on the table, it only raises the angry chimp to the surface. Snooker is played with the rational brain, not the chimp. Ronnie learnt that the hard way.

When? I remember Ebdon was nonstop talking about Ding's ballrun in the 2nd session.

Ebdon, still in his commentators nappy? Nah, Dom Dale for me, who was right, JT relies on luck, bash and crash and see what happens. There's a lack of consideration in the way he plays sometimes. Contrast that with Ding's engineer approach to break-building.

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

As in how many frames in a row Ding needs?

13 record in a match.
16 record in an individual year at the Worlds.
19 record overall at the World, spread over two years.

Is Ding on 8 now? So he can't break record 1 obviously, but can break record two by going 6-0 in his semi (very unlikely I know)?

Sorry mate, I've lost track tonight, that's whisky for you. Stick to vodka.

Postby Skullman

Cue Guru wrote:Is Ding on 8 now? So he can't break record 1 obviously, but can break record two by going 6-0 in his semi (very unlikely I know)?

Ding should be on 3 as MJW closed to 10-3? So would need 13-0. Unless you're talking about something else?

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:Is Ding on 8 now? So he can't break record 1 obviously, but can break record two by going 6-0 in his semi (very unlikely I know)?

Ding should be on 3 as MJW closed to 10-3? So would need 13-0. Unless you're talking about something else?

Don't know what I'm on about! I'm talking cockwomble guff; it's reading all SF's botox that's done my head in :dizzy: . It's bedtime one feels. rofl

Cheers anyway.

Goodnight all. :hatoff:

Postby kruppy

I'll probably be heavily criticised for this, but I think all of the BBC commentators I heard today were somewhere between decent and very good. Probably liked Griffiths (?) the best, partly for his wonderful accent. I don't understand why Hendry has to whisper all the time though. It is as if he were standing right next to the table and didn't want to disturb the players.

Great beer in Sheffield; terrible coffee.

Postby Gridlock

Cue Guru wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Don't know what I'm on about! I'm talking cockwomble guff; it's reading all SF's botox that's done my head in :dizzy: . It's bedtime one feels. rofl

Cheers anyway.

Goodnight all. :hatoff:

Goodnight Guru!you are a likeable sod afterall!

Postby PLtheRef

With the early finish to Ding v Williams - you get an extra table. :-D

Day 11 Table (25/31 Matches)

140 SUNDAYGIRL 18 - 2
133 WILDEY 17 - 3
131 ALEX0PAUL 17 - 1
129 THECLEAVER 17 - 3
129 PLTHEREF 17 - 1
129 ERASERHEAD 16 - 3
127 SCOTTCORNO 17 - 2
126 SMART 16 - 3
125 MUPPET147 17 - 1
122 KRAZEEYEKILLA 16 - 2
120 KRUPPY 15 - 3
115 JMAL1 15 - 4
113 SKULLMAN 15 - 2
112 VODKADIET 14 - 2
109 SAVOMILOSEVIC 15 - 2
109 JPOPSNOOKER 15 - 1
104 AYRSHIREBHOY 14 - 3
101 FRIDGE46 13 - 3
100 CLOUD STRIFE 13 - 2
99 SNOOKERLOVER 14 - 3
98 KING.KAUTO 14 - 0
93 VOTESFORGOATS 13 - 2
88 ANDRE147 12 - 2
88 KOLOMPAR 11 - 2
79 RANDAM05 11 - 1
58 GJ 8 - 1

The majority of people went for a Ding win but no-one came any closer to the scoreline than 13-7

Tuesday's table

8 ALEX0PAUL
8 SNOOKERLOVER
8 MUPPET147
8 JMAL1
8 SAVOMILOSEVIC
8 KING.KAUTO
8 SUNDAYGIRL
8 PLTHEREF
8 ERASERHEAD
8 SCOTTCORNO
8 THECLEAVER
8 KOLOMPAR
8 WILDEY
8 ANDRE147
8 JPOPSNOOKER
8 KRAZEEYEKILLA
8 SMART
8 KRUPPY
0 CLOUD STRIFE
0 VODKADIET
0 SKULLMAN
0 FRIDGE46
0 AYRSHIREBHOY
X VOTESFORGOATS
X RANDAM05
X GJ

[i]Just a reminder - no amendments once predictions have been sent in. The only changes I'll allow is if you've not submitted a scoreline e.g. are predicting the scoreline as 13-13 etc - This is to stop people changing scorelines to suit or consolodate their position in the contest e.g. someone who is leading changing their predictions to mirror second place for example.

Postby PoolBoy

Cue Guru wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:watching ding play. beautiful sight.

seriously, when ronnie cant win it now, i am a ding fan now. plays the game so beautiful.

<ok>

Ding is my second current fave anyway. Balletic play from the Ronnie school of break building. Are we all on the naughty step for being cross with Barry earlier? Hehe

I'm in a minority, I'm glad Fu is putting him away, he stole that match off Ronnie by every stat there is. Fu v. Ding is a dream final for WS, a Chinese champion lights the touch paper for a hell of a fireworks show. :mosh2:

But yeah, Ding, ballet with a soundtrack of poetry. Beautiful snooker. The real game and we're being spoiled with two successive nights of top class stuff.

...any grudging admiration for Hawkins has officially gone! <laugh>
Now, it's being labelled a 'steal'! This wasn't a first-to-4-frames sprint! How can a player steal a best-of-25 frames match? :shrug: