Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Finals!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

So it's Quarter-Finals day at the World Championships, and first up we have in the morning session Mark Williams who returns to a Crucible Quarter-Final, up against China's Ding Junhui, who comes from the back of a Judd Trump win, full of confidence and well into form coming from the qualifiers to be here. Also in this session is Kyren Wilson, Shanghai Masters winner and conquerer of Mark Allen, v Mark Selby, who comes from a very tense and nervy win the round before against Sam Baird.

In the afternoon two Scots will go head to head and both know each others game inside out, John Higgins up against Alan McManus. Then we also have Marco Fu up against Barry Hawkins, the latter who scored an impressive win against his nemesis for the last 14 years, Ronnie O’Sullivan, having previously been beaten the last 10 times.

Who shall gain an important lead heading into tomorrow, the deciding day for the Quarter-Finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 26th of April

10am

Ding Junhui v Mark Williams Ding leads 10-6
Kyren Wilson v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-1

2.30pm

Alan McManus v John Higgins Higgins leads 12-9
Marco Fu v Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7
7pm

Ding Junhui v Mark Williams Ding leads 10-6
Kyren Wilson v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Skullman

Just putting my pessimist hat on:

Amazing performance from Barry, but it must have taken a lot of out him mentally. We know
what happened to him the last two years he got involved in massive battles...

Plus now he has the pressure of replicating what he did and being the man to beat, at least on performance. Many people have the match of the tournament/their life and then gone on to lose the next match tamely.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:Just putting my pessimist hat on:

Amazing performance from Barry, but it must have taken a lot of out him mentally. We know

Plus now he has the pressure of replicating what he did and being the man to beat, at least on performance. Many people have the match of the tournament/their life and then gone on to lose the next match tamely.

I know. He might have nothing left now... Ronnie on the other hand would likely win the tournament had he won this..

Postby Andre147

very very true skull

Hope it's not Barry's case.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:No one deserves the trophy for what they did in the last 16. For Hawkins, he's not even a third of the way there.

I know what you mean... But his performance tonight was so damn good. Just unbelievable. And he played fantastic in that 2013 final as well.

Postby eraserhead

Holden Chinaski wrote:I want Ding, Barry or Kyren to lift the trophy. Ding most of all. But Barry has earned it as well to say the least.

Same, I would absolutely love Ding to win this, but Barry has been so consistent here.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:I hope with Ronnie losing kyren doesn't get too excited because that may affect his performance.

Why would he? He'd be daft to take the likes of Selby, Fu and Hawkins lightly just because they're not Ronnie, and Kyren doesn't seem daft.

Postby Iranu

Yeah but on the bright side he's playing Marco Fu so there's a 50/50 chance he can win comfortably without having to make a 50 break!

I want the winner of the Ding/Williams match to go on the lift the title, or failing that Kyren Wilson.

Postby QSM

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding or Barry to win this now please. If not them, Kyren or MJW. Hell, I'd even take McManus or Fu.

But please, PLEASE not Higgins or Selby. Absolutely ANYONE but those two.

If we have a Higgins-Selby final i will end up supporting Selby for the first time ever. buck me, honest John winning, dont even want to think about it.

Postby Cloud Strife

QSM wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ding or Barry to win this now please. If not them, Kyren or MJW. Hell, I'd even take McManus or Fu.

If we have a Higgins-Selby final i will end up supporting Selby for the first time ever. buck me, honest John winning, dont even want to think about it.

Selby-Higgins final? rofl

Talk about a devil's bargain. rofl

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
QSM wrote:

Selby-Higgins final? rofl

Talk about a devil's bargain. rofl

Where could one find this final granting devil? Just out of curiosity :john: