Post a reply

Re: Ronnie explains interview refusal to his fans

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:How is it Holden's fault that Ronnie missed his interview? :chin:

He must have plenty of money to afford two seats at the crucible..........

Postby Holden Chinaski

The Leatherface character in Texas Chainsaw was loosely based on serial killer Ed Gein.

The guy was nuts. He made trophies, furniture and masks out of human skin. He actually made lampshades out of a womans face and his couch was made of human skin as well. He was also the inspiration for the Norman Bates character in Hitchcocks Psycho, and the Buffalo Bill character in Silence of the Lambs.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'd say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably the best slasher horror movie ever, but the best overall horror film ever is The Silence of The Lambs in my opinion. If you count Alien as a horror film I'd say that's one of the best as well.

Postby eraserhead

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'd say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably the best slasher horror movie ever, but the best overall horror film ever is The Silence of The Lambs in my opinion. If you count Alien as a horror film I'd say that's one of the best as well.

:spot on:

One of my top 5 fave films. I love halloween as well.

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'd say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably the best slasher horror movie ever, but the best overall horror film ever is The Silence of The Lambs in my opinion. If you count Alien as a horror film I'd say that's one of the best as well.

We have a lot in common man! I like David Lynch movies as well, love Eraserhead and Twin peaks, and my two favourite players right now are Ronnie and Ding!

:hatoff:

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:I got Halloween H20 on DVD for Christmas. Ain't got round to watching it yet.

Got the first 5 films on box set somewhere. Good old Donald Pleasance.

Halloween H20 is one of the better sequels has a nice conclusion with Laurie Strode (if you ignore the next film which is terrible). I think John Carpenter originally wanted it to be a anthology with a different horror story released on halloween each year. I would have liked that, but people liked Michael Myers too much.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got Halloween H20 on DVD for Christmas. Ain't got round to watching it yet.

Got the first 5 films on box set somewhere. Good old Donald Pleasance.

Halloween H20 is one of the better sequels has a nice conclusion with Laurie Strode (if you ignore the next film which is terrible). I think John Carpenter originally wanted it to be a anthology with a different horror story released on halloween each year. I would have liked that, but people liked Michael Myers too much.

He did. That explains Halloween 3. Which has nothing to do with Michael Myers. (Though, there is a nice nod. One of the characters watches the first film on TV.)

Sadly, Halloween 3 didn't work for me. Even taking it as an individual film, ignoring the other ones, somehow I just wenrrent feeling it.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:He did. That explains Halloween 3. Which has nothing to do with Michael Myers. (Though, there is a nice nod. One of the characters watches the first film on TV.)

Sadly, Halloween 3 didn't work for me. Even taking it as an individual film, ignoring the other ones, somehow I just wenrrent feeling it.

I really liked the song that plays throughout. :-D

Eight more days ’til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
Eight more days ’til Halloween,
Sil-ver Shamrock!

It's a shame that films like halloween and Friday 13th have to turn to supernatural reasons just to bring the character back for that sweet $$$$.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

We have a lot in common man! I like David Lynch movies as well, love Eraserhead and Twin peaks, and my two favourite players right now are Ronnie and Ding!

:hatoff:

I watched Twin Peaks for the first time a few weeks back.

Parts of it showed its age, other parts were some of the most outstandingly unnerving or provocative tv i've ever seen.

Very excited for the continuation next year.

Postby snooker_loopy

To give Ronnie some credit, he didn't say he would retire. He plans to come back next year. I thought he might have said "It's too much effort, I'm giving it up." That's his standard default setting!

As for Twin Peaks, yes it returns next year! Fingers crossed it will be good. :-)