Post a reply

HEARN CLAIMS SUPPORT FOR PROPOSALS

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn's plans to shake up snooker look set to get the go-ahead following Wednesday's player meeting in Sheffield.

A large player turn-out included World Championship runner-up Graeme Dott, Steve Davis, Mark Williams, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy and Ken Doherty.

The players are due to go to a vote, with mid-June the likely time, following a proposal by World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association chairman Hearn to take control.

Hearn, who has turned darts into a big box-office sport, is promising more tournaments and higher prize money, claiming players have been effectively part-time in recent

MORE HERE http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/wor ... lead.html#

Re: HEARN CLAIMS SUPPORT FOR PROPOSALS

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Barry Hearn's plans to shake up snooker look set to get the go-ahead following Wednesday's player meeting in Sheffield.

A large player turn-out included World Championship runner-up Graeme Dott, Steve Davis, Mark Williams, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy and Ken Doherty.

The players are due to go to a vote, with mid-June the likely time, following a proposal by World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association chairman Hearn to take control.

Hearn, who has turned darts into a big box-office sport, is promising more tournaments and higher prize money, claiming players have been effectively part-time in recent

MORE HERE http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/wor ... lead.html#

good find Wild, i was hunting earlier for news on how todays meeting went. Good news hopefully, just have to make sure the players turn up and make the effort to vote next month now <ok>

Postby Casey

Dell Hill desperate to save his job me thinks.

It looks good for Hearn, they reckon about 95% of the players there were in support. With absentees such as Stephen Hendry, Ronnie and Jimmy White also in support its looking very rosy.

Postby Roland

"Del might be the best coach in the world but what he knows about business can be written on the back of a packet of cigarettes.

"He says he's representing players and has the players' interests at heart, but I told him that I'm giving players opportunities, so aren't we on the same side. I don't like the way he works."

Go on Barry!

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I was surprised when I first heard Del Hill was so vocal against this. What's his motivation anyone know? :chin:

his Job at the Academy i think ?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I was surprised when I first heard Del Hill was so vocal against this. What's his motivation anyone know? :chin:

his Job at the Academy i think ?

<laugh>

Well, we'll see what happens 'when' Barry Hearn gets in then won't we eh?

Postby gallantrabbit

Hearn makes me laugh. He certainly takes no prisoners and doesn't do democracy <laugh>
The man was made for this and is a blinding salesman. Can't wait for the revolution. Bring it on!!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/2959267/Slow-death-snooker-in-need-of-quick-fix.html

there's another one for you John

dillon = clueless moron

Postby Wildey

Davis: Hearn won them over

Steve Davis is confident the players will vote in favour of Barry Hearn's plans to overhaul the sport following a meeting on Wednesday.

Hearn is promising more tournaments and higher prize money for the players after being appointed chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association in December.

However, he will stand down from that role if the players agree to hand over a 51 percent stake in World Snooker, the sport's commercial arm.

In a behind-closed-doors meeting in Sheffield, Hearn outlined his plans and answered any questions and concerns the players had.

And Davis, one of many of the game's leading lights present, feels the Matchroom promoter won over most of the sceptics.

FULL STORY http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 92,00.html

Sonny wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/2959267/Slow-death-snooker-in-need-of-quick-fix.html

there's another one for you John

I don't do red tops very well Sonny. Stop putting them my way if you don't mind. <ok>

Postby Roland

:redneck:

I thought you were the man to turn to to find email addresses of the scum that are being paid to write claptrap about our sport :santa:

What do you want? Don't mix me up with anyone else. Your clever enough yourself to do things yourself, you've proved that.

If you want to organise things from here, then, yee, I'm in......Touch my Sport is like touching my family, get it?

Postby Roland

Don't worry, I won't touch your family :redneck:

We all need to stand together and bombard the email of the journo's writing this sort of marmite against our sport <ok>

Sonny wrote:Don't worry, I won't touch your family :redneck:

We all need to stand together and bombard the email of the journo's writing this sort of marmite against our sport <ok>

Try this for size, but please don't ever mix me up. <ok>

Derek, The betting tipster.

I see you got some mileage out of the sudden news, that you didn't tip, about a Sport you very rarely talk about, though do back on now again I admit, being crooked.

You weren't good enough to spot that was you, my gambling losing friend, but you had the cheek didn't you, with your 1-day a week work the next week, to come out about match's that were TV friendly?

And the funny thing about it is, YOU still don't know what Sport it is.