Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sat April 23rd) Last 16 !

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The second round continues with the three more matches coming to a conclusion, Michael Holt v Mark Williams, Mark Selby v Sam Baird and the three day match between Ali Carter and Alan McManus. We also have the beginning sessions of the two most succesful players currently on the tour. Five times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan facing Barry Hawkins, who he beat to win his last World title. And four times World Champion John Higgins faces Ricky Walden, hoping to reach his first quarter final since he won his last title.

Who will join Marco Fu in the quarters? Will the former World Champions canter to good start or will their less successful opponents make it difficult?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 23rd of April

10am

**Allister Carter 9-7 Alan McManus Carter leads 3-2
Sam Baird 4-4 Mark Selby Selby leads 2-0

2:30pm

**Mark Williams 10-6 Michael Holt Williams leads 7-3
Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 10-1

7pm

Ricky Walden v John Higgins Higgins leads 4-3
**Sam Baird 4-4 Mark Selby Selby leads 2-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 23rd) Last 16 !

Postby Cheshire Cat

In an ideal world I would like ROS to come out and play that ultra-aggressive Welsh Open snooker, because I found that blitzkrieg approach very entertaining to watch. But whatever happens happens.

More interested in Selby v Baird, since they play their two sessions tomorrow; already seen this week how important it is if you're playing two sessions a day, to make the most of your form and carry that momentum if you have it. Selby and/or Baird will be hoping they have their A game tomorrow, it's far more important for that double session than it was for the single one today.

Postby SnookerFan

Just watching Have I Got News For You from last night. They're talking about Joe Johnson's kids taping He-Man over his title win.

Victoria Coren said that Joe Johnson was an amateur when he won the title. Did they get Dennis Taylor to do their research for them?

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:What annoys me more than the big pockets is the bouncey cushions. I've seen some big bounces off the cushions this year like I've never seen before. It's ridiculous.

Morning all! :-D

Yes it's ridiculous really, and even the players have complained about it.

Perry, who lost 10-9 to Wilson, said the tables are playing super easy with big pockets. He didn't manage to win though, but yeah it's been laughlable at times.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:What annoys me more than the big pockets is the bouncey cushions. I've seen some big bounces off the cushions this year like I've never seen before. It's ridiculous.

Morning all! :-D

Yes it's ridiculous really, and even the players have complained about it.

Perry, who lost 10-9 to Wilson, said the tables are playing super easy with big pockets. He didn't manage to win though, but yeah it's been laughlable at times.

Good morning Andre,in fact,good morning all :-) ,

It,s an absolute farce that it can happen,especially at THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!. <doh> :td:

Postby Cheshire Cat

One thing I noticed yesterday and the final session against Michael White is that Baird looks very calm out there, especially when he's in around the pink and black.

Haven't seen much of him before, but i've been rather impressed.

Postby SnookerFan

Oh bum, is Higgins on this evening? I thought it was this afternoon. I wanted to watch that, because I can watch all three sessions when not at work. My mate might kick me out before the end, as they get up for work early tomorrow.

I wonder if that Estate pub will let me put it on again? I ended up watching the end of a Ronnie match on ITV4 in there once, but it wasn't a Saturday night.

Decisions.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Even worse is that it seems to only be happening on the one table.

They'll probably keep the bad table for the one table setup rofl

Good idea. Then if somebody who isn't in the top two in the world wins it, Hendry can blame the table.