Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Fri April 22st) Last 16 !

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Round One is completely finished, with Judd Trump coming from behind to win his matches, stopping the record of eight seeds falling first round being matched.

While three of the top four seeds have fallen, World Number One and 2014 World Champion Mark Selby remains in the mix, as does five times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan and China Open champion Judd Trump.

Action Today features the final two sessions of Anthony McGill v Marco Fu, McGill aiming to reach two quarters in his first two years, and Marco Fu aiming to get past the second round for the time since 2006.

Other matches starting include Neil Robertson's conqeuror Michael Holt against Mark Williams and Mark Selby against Sam Baird.

While most matches won't finish today, valuable leads can be earned. Who will make things easy for themselves later on and who will get into a tough battle?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 22nd of April

10am

Mark Williams v Michael Holt Williams leads 7-3
Anthony McGill 3-5 Marco Fu Fu leads 2-0

1pm

Allister Carter 5-3 Alan McManus Carter leads 3-2
Sam Baird v Mark Selby Selby leads 2-0

7pm

Mark Williams v Michael Holt Williams leads 7-3
**Anthony McGill 3-5 Marco Fu Fu leads 2-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 22st) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

Yes not a day where I'll miss the Snooker that much.

I'll watch the morning session live, the others I'm afraid I can't.

Good luck...

MJW, Ants, Ali and... surprise surprise... Selby! as I would love a Quarter-Final him and Allen.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'll watch McGill v Fu with intent, but ES not on BBC. BBC were a disgrace today. Couldn't stop grinding Murphy's crotch with lines like 'will Shaun Murphy be sitting at home watching this and thinking "woaaah"'.

It wasn't a high standard session, but tough luck, if you're out you're out. Even if Murphy was still here there's no guarantee he'd have played great today. It was disgusting towards Anthony McGill.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Gutted for Joe yesterday really. People say they don't know why he's called the 'Gentleman', even Joe says he doesn't! But everything from the demeanour of his walk on to his mannerisms around the table just oozes class. No one else in the game gives me that vibe.

Best of luck to Kyren, we badly need successful young talent in this game. I will support Allen as a fellow Irishman, but I don't expect an easy ride.

Dunno' when i'll get to tune in due to class and work, but hopefully you lovely folk will keep the thread updated.

Postby Andre147

Morning folks :-D

Not the greatest of line-ups today, but still not bad.

MJW v Holty... hopefully Holt won't fall apart like most have when they beat one of the top players the previous round.I'm rooting for MJW though as i would like to see him have a good WC run again.

Postby Andre147

Probably you're right and we'll watch some great Snooker.

I'll only be able to watch the morning and beggining of afternoon sessions today.

Hope when I get back in the evening Ants has won, but he'll have to play well, Fu seems to be on the mindset to win the whole thing.

Postby snookerlover

Andre147 wrote:Holty and MJW gave a hug before they started? rofl

Never seen that before a match.

They were smiling/laughing and looking at/with each other a lot before the match as well, are they very close? Or have they just found the 1980s players supplies?

Either that or they've pre-set the score and in for a killing.

Postby Dan-cat

snookerlover wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Holty and MJW gave a hug before they started? rofl

Never seen that before a match.

They were smiling/laughing and looking at/with each other a lot before the match as well, are they very close? Or have they just found the 1980s players supplies?

Either that or they've pre-set the score and in for a killing.

Good lads!!! Snookerbacker dared them to hug. They are good mates.