Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 21st) Last 32 &

Postby Iranu

snucar wrote:This kid is good news for snooker. Some cracking balls he potted. Deserved to win.

Michael Wasley potted some great pressure balls when he best Ding here, then got hammered by Dale in the next round and has basically disappeared off the radar since.

It's easy to get carried away when a young player completes a good win.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Wow kyren what a win

Great match

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:hatoff:

GJ ma man!!!!!!!!

First of all, I'm not gonna start here winding you up with Robbo jokes. Commiserations, he was just outplayed and he himself didn't expect Holt t
o be such a tough opponent. You and I at least thouhgt Robbo would walk past him.

As for Kyren, yes a good chance against Allen.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Iranu wrote:
snucar wrote:This kid is good news for snooker. Some cracking balls he potted. Deserved to win.

Michael Wasley potted some great pressure balls when he best Ding here, then got hammered by Dale in the next round and has basically disappeared off the radar since.

He's back to q school now, such was the disaster of his seasons after that Ding win.

Kyren is a talent, undoubtedly so, but it's just a first round win. He will want more than that, much more.

Postby snucar

Iranu wrote:

Nobody said he will definitely become a top player, but the kid is doing very good right now. Why bring him down? What does he have to do to give him a positive comment?
Last edited by snucar on 21 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

GJ wrote:Comparing kyren with wasley

:lol:

Only in terms of how they played in their respective first round wins - my point was that Wasley wasn't just potting great balls his safety and shot selection were excellent in that match too, his whole game seemed mature but nothing ever came of it so saying Wilson's gonna be great for the game MIGHT be a bit premature.

But I'll be honest I totally forgot that Wilson's a ranking winner already! haha

Postby Iranu

snucar wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Nobody said he will definitely become a top player, but the kid is doing very good right now. Why bring him down? What does he have to do to give him a positive comment?

"That's what you call showing your class" - me, about 5 minutes ago

I just think building him up so quickly is a little dangerous - it's already been done with Trump, Lisowski, Jones etc in recent years and not even Trump has fulfilled those claims. Why not just let players develop and progess without hanging expectations around their shoulders?

He might thrive on it and surpass them, and nothing would make me happier than for a young player to finally take the game and his potential by the scruff of the neck, believe me.

Postby PLtheRef

A fantastic steal in the sixteenth followed by a great response to the body blow of going 9-9. Wilson thoroughly deserved the win. Though credit to Perry for rain the match the distance.

Allen hasn't the best of recent records at the Crucible. Five years since he last won a best of 25 frame match at the Crucible.

Wilson's more than capable of beating him

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Wilson should stop moaning and shaking his head everytime when his opponent gets some run of the balls. It's not like as if he hadn't had any himself. And he had enough chances to win the frame anyway.

Poor form by Kyren.