Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 21st) Last 32 &

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Wilson should stop moaning and shaking his head everytime when his opponent gets some run of the balls. It's not like as if he hadn't had any himself. And he had enough chances to win the frame anyway.

they all do it selective memory

Not everybody does it all the time.

Postby Andre147

Both been lucky, so they should stop moaning about it.

I fondly remember when Ronnie had an evil look at Selby at that 2010 Masters Final and even told him 'you had your fair share of luck too' or something like that when Ronnie had a lucky escape from a snooker.

Maybe that Spurred Selby on to win that final :irk:

Postby TheRocket

Cue Guru wrote:Haha, and Wilson thinks Perry is lucky

A little bit like Trump. Trump has more flukes than any other player but you still see him shaking his head a lot when he's sitting on his chair and his opponent getting a good kiss among the balls.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Kyren lucky again....

They've had has much luck as each other. It's not been one of those where one player's clearly had more than the other.

Fantastic red by Wilson there!

Postby Alex0paul

Iranu wrote:

They've had has much luck as each other. It's not been one of those where one player's clearly had more than the other.

Perry has shown his class by not making a song and dance about it everytime though

Postby Andre147

Great match this, but if one of them plays like this against Allen, he'll win that one I reckon.

I've been saying long before the Worlds, I think Allen will have a very good Worlds campaign this year, likely the Semis as I'm confident if he faces Selby.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Perry has shown his class by not making a song and dance about it everytime though

Uh, he hasn't exactly been pokerfaced!

Case in point, poor shot but acted like he was unlucky there.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Great match this, but if one of them plays like this against Allen, he'll win that one I reckon.

I've been saying long before the Worlds, I think Allen will have a very good Worlds campaign this year, likely the Semis as I'm confident if he faces Selby.

They both played very well before frame 18. It's just been these frames which have been dramatic.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Great match this, but if one of them plays like this against Allen, he'll win that one I reckon.

They both played very well before frame 18. It's just been these frames which have been dramatic.

Good point.

I haven't watched most of the match so really I'm not qualified to yet comment on it.

So yeah maybe you're right, and Kyren could definately match Allen.

Wasn't GJ the one who said a Kyren v Allen would be a classic?

Where's he I wonder... :chin: :evilgrin: :roll:

Postby Iranu

Skullman wrote:

I don't actually think either player's played that badly in these last two frames. In the last frame they weren't missing easy balls on the colours and in the last frame they ran out of position rather than missing.

And Wilson close that out very nicely in the end, now THAT is showing your class. Got his cue action back when he needed it most.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ah well, good win for Kyren. The way this week has gone with seeds falling by the wayside, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that the final first round match continues that trend.

Easily one of the best and most high quality first rounds I can remember.