Post a reply

Terry Camilleri not in Crucible this year?

Postby 151kbar151

If really not, then it is weird that experienced ref as he is isn't there, but relatively green Greg Coniglio referees there.

Re: Terry Camilleri not in Crucible this year?

Postby vodkadiet

151kbar151 wrote:If really not, then it is weird that experienced ref as he is isn't there, but relatively green Greg Coniglio referees there.

He is now a holiday rep in Malta I believe...

Postby Andre147

I hope it's not because of that chalk incident situation that happened last year with Ronnie when he was reffing.

He's a great ref is Terry. Greg is good too, so not a bad replacment.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:I hope it's not because of that chalk incident situation that happened last year with Ronnie when he was reffing.

I think they are currently oversubscribed as far as referees go at the moment. So it goes without saying that not everyone is going to get a Crucible gig.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I hope it's not because of that chalk incident situation that happened last year with Ronnie when he was reffing.

Doherty blamed him for that.

Postby Morinas77

What is it that makes them rate Zheng Weili so highly?

Dunn and Peter Lines (as spectator) were shouting out at him in the qualifiers (Dunn:"you gotta be kidding me"), when he gave a harsh 'foul & a miss' against Dunn at 8-8 vs Li Hang. Two fouls later, when Dunn was close but much further away from hitting the red, he didn't call miss anymore, clearly because of the criticism earlier. His voice/language is bad too.

Marcel Eckhardt is also questionable given the criticism he has received from several players. I'm not sure yet that he continues rising to the top and become a crucible regular.

Postby dale or swail

Morinas77 wrote:What is it that makes them rate Zheng Weili so highly?

Dunn and Peter Lines (as spectator) were shouting out at him in the qualifiers (Dunn:"you gotta be kidding me"), when he gave a harsh 'foul & a miss' against Dunn at 8-8 vs Li Hang. Two fouls later, when Dunn was close but much further away from hitting the red, he didn't call miss anymore, clearly because of the criticism earlier. His voice/language is bad too.

Marcel Eckhardt is also questionable given the criticism he has received from several players. I'm not sure yet that he continues rising to the top and become a crucible regular.

Welcome Morinas77 :D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Morinas77 wrote:What is it that makes them rate Zheng Weili so highly?

On the other end of the spectrum, Terry himself is one of the few refs in live play that i've seen actually use his discretion when it comes to the miss rule and I respect him for that. The Gould v Grace QF at the UK in 2015, Gould was going to win frame and match I believe off fouls and misses, but Terry stopped calling a miss when he'd seen Grace try enough, which Gould sportingly agreed to.

As it is, Gould ended up losing that match.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:They should just stop bucking about and let Michaela come back. :love:

Whatever went on there is still baffling

the only sex discrimination i can see is she was fast tracked above more experienced male counterpart because shes a woman.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Whatever went on there is still baffling

the only sex discrimination i can see is she was fast tracked above more experienced male counterpart because shes a woman.

Yes, that did happen, you're right.

I think it's safe to say something went on that us normal plebs weren't told about though. World Snooker didn't settle out of court for no reason. She obviously had something that worried them.