Post a reply

is it just me?..

Postby Stretchy16

..or is Graeme Dott seeming ill-prepared for his current match?...
Inside of 3 frames he's left the cue-ball mid-table twice, not looked at the outcome of his own snooker (before getting the ball replaced) & refused an easy double (having already played a good one).
All does NOT seem well...
is he suffering in his personal life again? I'm a huge fan,but it's not like him to just 'go through the motions'; there must be more to it, surely....?

Re: is it just me?..

Postby Alex0paul

Stretchy16 wrote:..or is Graeme Dott seeming ill-prepared for his current match?...
Inside of 3 frames he's left the cue-ball mid-table twice, not looked at the outcome of his own snooker (before getting the ball replaced) & refused an easy double (having already played a good one).
is he suffering in his personal life again? I'm a huge fan,but it's not like him to just 'go through the motions'; there must be more to it, surely....?

He has played like that for the last 5 years

Postby Stretchy16

Fair comment.....it's just that he always seemed to have a bit of steel in him before.
Added to which he always kind of out-performed his season at Sheffield.
Seems the wheels came off a bit quick, being only the 2nd frame & he was 1-0 up....

Postby PoolBoy

ill-prepared? He's just survived 3 rounds of qualifying to even be at the Crucible!

Postby snookerlover

PoolBoy wrote:ill-prepared? He's just survived 3 rounds of qualifying to even be at the Crucible!

Survived being the operative word in that sentence.

Postby SnookerFan

snookerlover wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:ill-prepared? He's just survived 3 rounds of qualifying to even be at the Crucible!

Survived being the operative word in that sentence.

Technically, they all survived. Even the losers. None of them were killed, as far as I am aware.

Postby barrydoherty54

He scored 3 break's over 50 in his 10-8 victories over Saengkham and Sargeant, It's a miracle he even made it to this stage. Played slightly better against Dunn by the looks of things, 5 breaks over 50. He's badly in the decline and with Rangers beating Celtic, he might of been too busy celebrating that.

Postby 151kbar151

Alex0paul wrote:
Stretchy16 wrote:..or is Graeme Dott seeming ill-prepared for his current match?...

He has played like that for the last 5 years

But why?

Postby gallantrabbit

He's clearly a glass half empty type character and certainly seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. No-one can take away his world title and he probably still makes a reasonable enough living but may not be prepared to go the extra mile these days.