Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

In the Morning Ronnie O'Sullivan will be resuming 6-3 up on David Giilbert and 4 times champion John Higginst starting out against Ryan Day.

Mark Williams is leading Graeme Dott 7-2 can Graeme make a match of it in the second session?

and Mark Selby playing his first match since the World Grand Prix in Llandudno where Tom Ford beat him he will be playing Rob Milkins in the afternoon can he get his campaign off to a flyer.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 16th of April

10am

John Higgins v Ryan Day Higgins leads 12-6
**Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-3 David Gilbert O'Sullivan leads 2-0

2.30pm

**Mark J Williams 7-2 Graeme Dott Williams leads 9-4
Mark Selby v Robert Milkins Selby leads 7-2

7pm

**Ricky Walden 4-5 Robbie Williams 1-1
**Michael White 4-5 Sam Baird White leads 3-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby TheRocket

Can't watch the morning session tomorrow. Just hope, Ron kills off the match quickly and doesn't give Gilbert any hope. As I said in the other thread. Hard to see Gilbert playing as well as he did in the first session but you can't rely on that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Can't watch the morning session tomorrow. Just hope, Ron kills off the match quickly and doesn't give Gilbert any hope. As I said in the other thread. Hard to see Gilbert playing as well as he did in the first session but you can't rely on that.

Same here. Hopefully there won't be a very unpleasant surprise waiting for me when we return from work.

Postby snookerlover

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Can't watch the morning session tomorrow. Just hope, Ron kills off the match quickly and doesn't give Gilbert any hope. As I said in the other thread. Hard to see Gilbert playing as well as he did in the first session but you can't rely on that.

Same here. Hopefully there won't be a very unpleasant surprise waiting for me when we return from work.

You might want to ask your wife to stop shagging that fat murderer boyfriend of hers in the lobby.

Postby SnookerFan

My Crucible trip, so far.

Arrived Friday.

New hotel easy enough to find, came in and ordered a pizza for my dinner and a pint. The pizza was lovely, but the pint tasted like somebody had wanked into a glass. Awful. Tried the pub next door, pretty chavvy even for those of us used to Croydon pubs. Beer not much better. Went to the hotel I usually stayed in, gatecrashed the bar. They still don't sell pints, or evening meals. Had a bottle of budweiser, and decided to find a good hotel next year.

Saturday.

Watched the 10am session of Bingham vs Carter. Bit slow moving at times. Thought about asking if they had any Maguire returned tickets. Decided I couldn't be bothered, watched it outside on the big screen. The Old Monk has changed it's name, and is now a really, really rubbish pub. Waited ages to be served, missed an entire frame of Maguire match and ended up just grabbing a pint from Crucible Corner instead. They had the Eurosport player streaming the Mags match to a big screen. A nice tough, I felt. Went back outside and drank my pint watched the match. Ended up having a Burger in The Graduate for dinner.

Watched the end of Bingham vs Carter, the last frame was an epic tussle. Was tired, and a bit beery. Flipped between enjoying the match, and being so tired I wanted to die.

Sunday.

Being that I was off work Friday, I was confused as to what day it was. Got a text off of Sundaygirl telling me how jealous she was that I was watching Walden. After four frames, I texted her back saying the match sucked, or some such. marmite match.

Quick pint between sessions, went into Mags and McManus. Rob Walker talked of a big announcement. The big announcement was Steve Davis had retired. I applauded him, as he's a legend, but found his running around with the trophy a bit naff. Still, Steve is Steve. Legend. Nipped out after frame 11 for a snake hiss, and watched frame 12 in the foyer. It lasted 40 minutes, I got impatient. Got back in, and it speeded up a bit. Was in two minds about whether to try for Williams vs Dott. Decided to watch it in the hotel with a few beers. Snuck some tinnies into my room, instead of having that snake hiss wáter that passes for a pint here. Ended up coming to the hotel bar at MSI anyway, having a bottle instead and got talking to the nice lady on the bar. I did brave a pint at the end, but didn't even taste nice in my drunken state. I put it down and spilled half of it. Luckily the barmaid found it amusing, and I made a few jokes about the beer being so disgusting I had to throw it all away. It wasn't far off. After the session finished, and realising I'd got no idea who won frame 9 because I'd been telling the barmaid a funny story about my gran, I decided it was time for bed. I went to offer my hand for a handshake to said barmaid, but she didn't clock what I was doing. So I came a bit close to looking like I was stroking her hand.

Today, I am in the first session of the John Higgins match. Annoyingly that finishes as I am travelling home tomorrow. Kind of wished I'd have watched last night's match inside The Crucible, but hey ho. I have the final few frames of Mark Williams match today. Will attend that. I have no intention of seeing the Walden match. Zzzzzz. I'll be back in the bar tonight. Nothing like a hangover when you have a four hour coach ride tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

Peter Ebdon, 2002 World Champion. Out.
Shaun Murphy, 2005 World Champion. Out.
Stuart Bingham, 2015 World Champion. Out.
Graeme Dott, 2006 World Champion. Out.

The Crucible Curse is taking out all champions.

Ronnie and John Higgins take to the table this morning. How they gonna act?