Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sun April 17th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Second Day and Ronnie O'Sullivan enters the arena playing David Gilbert in the afternoon and 2 former Champions Start out against each other in the evening Mark Williams v Graeme Dott.

And can Stephen Maguire overcome a 6-3 deficit against Alan McManus? and Anthony McGill cause an upset again this year by beating Shaun Murphy?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 16th of April

10am

Ricky Walden 4-5 Robbie Williams 1-1
**Shaun Murphy 8-10 Anthony McGill Murphy leads 4-0

2.30pm

**Stephen Maguire 7-10 Alan McManus Maguire leads 9-5
Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-3 David Gilbert O'Sullivan leads 2-0

7pm

Mark J Williams 7-2 Graeme Dott Williams leads 9-4
Michael White 4-5 Sam Baird White leads 3-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 17th) Last 32 !!

Postby GJ

Don't see Gilbert freezing he has enough experience at the crucible.

He seems to be improving in recent times so he may just push Ronnie harder than most think.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hopefully Alan can do the job, it's certainly not an upset if he does. I had him as evens if not favourite, but how anyone could have thought Maguire would stroll through is beyond me.

In an ideal world Murphy would also go home, but it's hard to see McGill reaching the line first.

Uhm.. I'll decide on the others later. I'd like Ricky and Mark to do well, not fussed about White. I can't see ROS losing over 19 frames, but seeds are all vulnerable first round, no exceptions.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Why I've just noticed, the dream QF of Mark Allen v Michael White is on. The closest thing snooker has to a grudge match right now. White wants to tear Allen limb from limb after what happened at the Welsh.

Sod it, I'll root for that extremely unlikely match up.

Postby Master Blaster

After falling to Carter last night in a tense final frame decider, Bingham was said to be inconsolable. Asked what he would do now his season is over, he said, "Me and the family will spend some quality time together away from snooker, at Greggs."

Postby Master Blaster

@Cloud, @snookerlover: tut-tut non-snooker fans! Careful, you may be threatened with the ban hammer for non-positive comments about the tournament. Please stay on message!

@GJ I could easily see Chavmaster losing to Gilbert today, there's always a first time. It all depends which Ron turns up. If DG is in brilliant form, it might not matter. 2 matches in and 1 seed through, 1 seed back at Greggs. Will Ron be spending the tournament with Eurosport on commentary?

I just hope we see some decent snooker from the chavmaster match. We had to wait until the final three frames of the match yesterday before Flamingo ditched cockwomble snooker. Thank goodness for Marco.

As they are listed, I'd be opting for the second match in each session. Who wants to watch that gangly creature, tricky ricky, with his double knee bend and shifty, train-station watch seller look about him; all he needs is a flasher mac. Magwitch the convict and angles or DG/Ron, no contest in terms of entertainment! White/Baird offers the best chance of some decent snooks in the eve (notice how non-snooker fan Wild didn't even mention this match in his preview, tut-tut), MJW/Dott may be close but I don't see it being high quality and it is bound to be slow with Dott the Clot taking an age to screw back his maximum 2 inches. But MJW may have a rude awakening and I fancy Dott to upstage moaner (he's gonna ball at the table quality rofl ).

Postby PoolBoy

It's not so much the negativity which irritates, it's the constant sneering, supercilious nature of your posts, MasterBlaster.
It's the same narrative - everybody is rubbish, the standard is terrible etc.
For one who claims to play the game, you have remarkably little grasp on the essence of snooker. It's really not all about big-breaks...they have their place, granted - but they only win one frame.
Astonishing lack of respect for the players and the sport itself.

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:Shout out to hendry_fan...going for McGill and McManus..Ants and Pants! See what I did there? :-) CHEERS!

Indeed Gridlock.

I,m not surprised that Angles is 6-3 up on Mags,either way,a Scot win commence to the next round for sure.

If McGill can keep ants outta his pants then he,s got every chance against Smurph.

And i think that Dott will send the old,miserable Welsh Dumpling Williams packing.

:happy: COME ON!!!! Ants,Angles,Mags n Graeme . :happy:

Postby kruppy

Andre147 wrote:
kruppy wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Will I be the only one watching Ricky this morning?

I would like to! However I will leave to play football very soon.

Football? <laugh>

pmsl

Well I have to entertain the illusion that I am still capable in at least one sport!

Postby Andre147

kruppy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
kruppy wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Will I be the only one watching Ricky this morning?

I would like to! However I will leave to play football very soon.

Football? <laugh>

pmsl

Well I have to entertain the illusion that I am still capable in at least one sport!

Yes Football is much easier than playing Snooker I'll give you that.

I do Swimming, love it.