Post a reply

Re: Murphy's take on last years Crucible defeat

Postby Andre147

Murphy had him at 8-4 and couldn't take advantage of that.

But all credit to Bingham for sticking in there and never giving up.

He fully deserved to be World Champion whether some people like it or not. The oppostion he faced was top class.

Postby Cheshire Cat

If I remember correctly (cba watching it all again right now), Murphy's long game deserted him every time he went in front and when he inevitably stuck Bingham in, Bingham did the job and applied the pressure until eventually he took the lead and eventually the match.

I seem to recall Hendry saying something in the studio along the lines of how average Murphy looked when his long game wasn't there and I would agree tbh. His all-round game just bombs when his long game isn't on song.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:If I remember correctly (cba watching it all again right now), Murphy's long game deserted him every time he went in front and when he inevitably stuck Bingham in, Bingham did the job and applied the pressure until eventually he took the lead and eventually the match.

I seem to recall Hendry saying something in the studio along the lines of how average Murphy looked when his long game wasn't there and I would agree tbh. His all-round game just bombs when his long game isn't on song.

Yes you're right, even Judd is beggining to learn how to cope with that when his long game is off.

Murphy should learn a thing or two from Robbo, who has definately learned how to deal with that problem if that department isn't working.