Post a reply

Re: Egg on face time

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:My general thoughts on the worlds this year

On reflection it was silly of me to dismiss the crucible curse as greats of the game like Hendry and john Higgins fell foul of the crucible curse for first time champions . so it not surprising the same thing happened to robbo.

Anyway on to next year robbo will have no curse to stop him.

Neil Robertson 2012 World Snooker champion :hatoff: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You heard it here first

:limp:

Postby wheelsofsteel

GJ wrote:My general thoughts on the worlds this year

On reflection it was silly of me to dismiss the crucible curse as greats of the game like Hendry and john Higgins fell foul of the crucible curse for first time champions . so it not surprising the same thing happened to robbo.

Anyway on to next year robbo will have no curse to stop him.

Neil Robertson 2012 World Snooker champion :hatoff: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You heard it here first

before you start following Trump, Williams, Ding and then Higgins by the final

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Ali Carter
Cope

Top 16ers who will never win it again -

Hendry
Ronnie :emb:
Dott
Ebdon
Williams

that really is egg on face lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

I predicted Judd wouldn't win it before he reached the final against John Higgins.

He still hasn't, so I have yet to have egg on my face. :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Cope

Hendry
Dott
Ebdon
Williams

Yes, yet another clueless prediction on snookerisland. Just like when you predicted Ronnie would never reach the semi final of the 2013 world championship.

Quote Wildey:
 Re: Crucible Countdown 2013
15 Apr 2013
"If Ronnie reaches the semi final ill dance naked through wales with a daffodil up my bottom and a rose in my mouth."

Egg on face

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cope

Hendry
Dott
Ebdon
Williams

Yes, yet another clueless prediction on snookerisland. Just like when you predicted Ronnie would never reach the semi final of the 2013 world championship.

Quote Wildey:
 Re: Crucible Countdown 2013
15 Apr 2013
"If Ronnie reaches the semi final ill dance naked through wales with a daffodil up my bottom and a rose in my mouth."

Egg on face

:lol: <ok> pmsl

Postby edwards2000

Players who will never win it:

Ding Junhui (His great talent means that he should do, but I can't see him managing all those frames in the current format. His mental strength is questionable. Too many times I see him lose a lead and then the head drops.)

Mark Selby (Again, he has the talent, but I feel he burns himself out with ultra negative tactics. I can't see him doing it. I'd give Ding a much better chance than Selby.)

I've been saying this about these two for 3 years.

Players I think can win it again:

Ronnie, Robertson, Murphy (Yeah, I think he can).

Players I think can win it for the first time:

Allen, Trump (definitely Trump will do it), Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Another player who I definately think won't win it is Maguire.

His temperament simply won't allow him to, plus his record at the Worlds isn't great.

A player who I think(though a remote chance) can win the Worlds again if he has a purple patch:

Graeme Dott, he is suited to the long frame format, has reached 3 Finals there, won one in 2006 so I would give him a remote chance.

Postby Holden Chinaski

It would be a shame if Ding Junhui never wins the worlds. He's such a great all round player. A great break builder with excellent controll of the cue ball. Great to watch when playing his A game. He plays the game the way it should be played and deserves to be world champion someday. Its a shame he seems to break down mentally and lose his confidence sometimes...

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:It would be a shame if Ding Junhui never wins the worlds. He's such a great all round player. A great break builder with excellent controll of the cue ball. Great to watch when playing his A game. He plays the game the way it should be played and deserves to be world champion someday. Its a shame he seems to break down mentally and lose his confidence sometimes...

I do hope he proves me wrong, but Ding may go down as the best player or 2nd best player never to win the World Title. His form over the long sessions at the Crucible is just not consistent enough and that's why he has only reached 1 semi there.

But he has time on his side and Ronnie for instance was World Champ for the first time only at 26, the age Ding is currently (will be 27 when he reaches the Crucible this year) and Williams and especially Higgins were World Champs at a younger age so I honestly hope Ding becomes World Champ... Who knows.. the first one is the hardest to win, and if he wins his 1st may end up with multiple titles.

Postby SnookerFan

Roland wrote:Ding will definitely win it. It's Selby I'm starting to worry about.

<ok>

Postby pasunegirafe

SnookerFan wrote:
Roland wrote:Ding will definitely win it. It's Selby I'm starting to worry about.

<ok>

Snookerfan aka The Thread Necromancer <laugh>

Postby Roland

This is the kind of thread worth digging though, a future predictions thread otherwise lost in the ether. Of course Seifer goes and says Selby won't win about 2 months before he did :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Roland wrote:This is the kind of thread worth digging though, a future predictions thread otherwise lost in the ether. Of course Seifer goes and says Selby won't win about 2 months before he did :redneck:

He didn't consult his stats thoroughly enough.

Postby snookerlover

Seen as this will almost certainly be dragged up in a few years time - people who will never win a worlds:

Ali Carter (as much as I want him to)
Ding Junhui (see Ali Carter)
Marco Fu
Judd Trump (his safety is still too erratic)
Stephen Maguire
Barry Hawkins
Mark Allen

People who won't win again:
Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Peter Ebdon
Graemme Dott
Shaun Murphy

This years winner: Neil Robertson or Mark Selby

Postby snookerlover

boris_the_butcher wrote:Going out on a limb there with Dott and Ebdon lol. Ronnie won't win one more world title, he'll win two.

The thing is Ebdon will just attempt bore all his opponents off the table. That's horrible enough in 11 frames, to put up with it for 19, 25, 33 or 35 frames takes a special kind of saint.

Postby Alex0paul

This needs to be bumped up again.

Ding and Trump still without a World Title although Ding is getting so close.

I will predict Wilson will not win a World Title and Yan Bingtao will

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote:This needs to be bumped up again.

Ding and Trump still without a World Title although Ding is getting so close.

I will predict Wilson will not win a World Title and Yan Bingtao will

I agree - Bingtao will (probably multiple).
Also agree Cliff Wilson has left it too late

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I don't think Mark King or Fergal O'Brien will ever win it, I'm starting to have doubts about Anthony Hamilton too.

Seven years on Hamilton hasn't even qualified for another World Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I don't think Mark King or Fergal O'Brien will ever win it, I'm starting to have doubts about Anthony Hamilton too.

Seven years on Hamilton hasn't even qualified for another World Championship.

How did he do it? :shock:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Would love to see Doug Mountjoy win it. Heard he dug up Frank Callan and insisted he coached him again.

How's that going for him?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Would love to see Doug Mountjoy win it. Heard he dug up Frank Callan and insisted he coached him again.

How's that going for him?

Not very well, he's dead init

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Not very well, he's dead init

Yeah, I can see that being a hindrance.

Postby TheSaviour

I have been developed a more than a little bit a of likening towards Chris Wakelin. During the last winter and so. First I thought he can´t do much anything, but I was wrong. He, Andy Hicks, Jak Jones are all a players who have hugely profited from where the overall progress of the tactical side. Chris had a great success lately, and he will just keep on getting better and better.