Post a reply

How long as Ebdon been a vegan?

Postby SnookerFan

I was looking through some old stuff, and I came across a programme for the 2009 UK Championship in Telford. That was when it was sponsored by Pukka Pies.

By each member of the top-16 it listed what their favourite Pukka Pie and it listed Ebdon's as "All Steak".

Now obviously, even without that, I would've suspected that they didn't actually bother actually asking each member of the top 16 what their favourite pie was, but that's still a comical mistake.

Or has he become vegan since 2009?

Re: How long as Ebdon been a vegan?

Postby Holden Chinaski

I think Ebdon turned vegan in 2011. It was after his father died from cancer that Ebdan began changing his diet and lifestyle. He was thinking about retiring first after his fathers passing, but in the end he chose to turn his life around. I think he got married for the second time around that time as well.

I like Ebdon. Probably one of the most interesting personalities in the snooker world.

Postby Dan-cat

Good thread :)

Ali Carter has recently switched to vegan after Ebdon's persistence that it would help his Chrohn's disease. And it has :)

What you put in your body directly affects your health and mood and energy levels.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ebdon turned vegan in 2011. It was after his father died from cancer that Ebdan began changing his diet and lifestyle. He was thinking about retiring first after his fathers passing, but in the end he chose to turn his life around. I think he got married for the second time around that time as well.

I like Ebdon. Probably one of the most interesting personalities in the snooker world.

Yes, I think it was 2011.

It was mainly for health reasons I think, but I think he has mentioned the animal cruelty side of things as well.

Some hardcore Vegans like myself get annoyed with people who claim to be Vegan just for their own health. In fact the dietary side of Veganism is only one part of Veganism.

However, if someone is only a dietary Vegan then that is still very good. A lot of people cannot give up eating dismembered animals even for just one day, or even for just one meal!

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ebdon turned vegan in 2011. It was after his father died from cancer that Ebdan began changing his diet and lifestyle. He was thinking about retiring first after his fathers passing, but in the end he chose to turn his life around. I think he got married for the second time around that time as well.

It was mainly for health reasons I think, but I think he has mentioned the animal cruelty side of things as well.

Some hardcore Vegans like myself get annoyed with people who claim to be Vegan just for their own health. In fact the dietary side of Veganism is only one part of Veganism.

However, if someone is only a dietary Vegan then that is still very good. A lot of people cannot give up eating dismembered animals even for just one day, or even for just one meal!

I've been researching the effects of a vegan diet for myself recently. I want to get healthier and I'm considering giving it a go for a while and see if it benefits me.

The reasons are purely selfish though, as I am thinking of my own health and nothing else.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:The reasons are purely selfish though, as I am thinking of my own health and nothing else.

If you get healthier, and therefore as a direct result happier and with improved brain function, the benefits will be a gift to all those around you :)
Last edited by Dan-cat on 10 Apr 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I don't know if any of you follow MMA, but I watch UFC sometimes and one of the biggest stars in UFC these last few years has been Conor McGregor from Ireland. Anyway, Conor's last fight was against Nate Diaz who is vegan. Preparing for the fight McGregor had to put on some weight and he was bragging about eating steak everyday.. Nate Diaz on the other hand has been vegan since he was 18.

You know what happened in the fight? McGregor was already exhausted in the second round and after taking some very hard punches from Diaz he got choked out by Diaz. Vegan Power!

Some people think vegans are skinny and weak. People like Nate Diaz prove them wrong. Diaz is also a triathlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqp8f9Xws9s

Postby Cloud Strife

Diaz takes it to the next level as eats a raw vegan diet. I don't think I could ever not eat uncooked food. It works for him though as we've seen.

Mcgregor on the other hand, by his own admission, feasted on steaks breakfast, lunch and dinner. It backfired massively, so I hope he learns from it for the next fight.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I've been researching the effects of a vegan diet for myself recently. I want to get healthier and I'm considering giving it a go for a while and see if it benefits me.

The reasons are purely selfish though, as I am thinking of my own health and nothing else.

Even if only for selfish reasons it still benefits animals, the environment, and of course your own health. So, the ends justifies the means.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:I don't know if any of you follow MMA, but I watch UFC sometimes and one of the biggest stars in UFC these last few years has been Conor McGregor from Ireland. Anyway, Conor's last fight was against Nate Diaz who is vegan. Preparing for the fight McGregor had to put on some weight and he was bragging about eating steak everyday.. Nate Diaz on the other hand has been vegan since he was 18.

You know what happened in the fight? McGregor was already exhausted in the second round and after taking some very hard punches from Diaz he got choked out by Diaz. Vegan Power!

Some people think vegans are skinny and weak. People like Nate Diaz prove them wrong. Diaz is also a triathlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqp8f9Xws9s

Triatheletes and endurance sportsmen function far better on a Vegan diet as they recover quicker through this diet. Eating a meat diet does not enable this.

David Haye has in recent times adopted a Vegan diet, mainly for ethical reasons.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:Diaz takes it to the next level as eats a raw vegan diet. I don't think I could ever not eat uncooked food. It works for him though as we've seen.

Mcgregor on the other hand, by his own admission, feasted on steaks breakfast, lunch and dinner. It backfired massively, so I hope he learns from it for the next fight.

Raw Vegan diets only really work in a hot climate. I found it easy when I was in California. I have even tried it in Britain in the summer months. However, I would not attempt it during the colder months.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Mike Tyson became vegan as well. He says it made him healthier physically but also gave him peace in his mind.

Yes, Tyson has done well.

But for those who question Vegans and their motives behind their life philosophy, this is a guy who could take the blinkers off of the most hardcore meat eater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOSwH2tyZQ

Postby Holden Chinaski

Great vid, Vodkadiet. Another good example is german strongman Patrik Baboumian. Probably the strongest vegan in the world.

"The world's strongest animals are plant eaters. Gorillas, buffaloes, elephants and me." - Patrik Baboumian :-)

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Great vid, Vodkadiet. Another good example is german strongman Patrik Baboumian. Probably the strongest vegan in the world.

"The world's strongest animals are plant eaters. Gorillas, buffaloes, elephants and me." - Patrik Baboumian :-)

Yes, Holden Chinaski, Baboumian won World's Strongest man recently. He is just what is needed to dispel the 'you only get protein from meat' myth.

And yes, regarding the animals, the longest living and strongest are Vegan. You can add horses in to the mix. They are magnificent animals.

Postby TheSaviour

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Talking about the double standards. Hasn´t Peter been single-handledly running many things down the toilet. Many years, almost every day, he has got a chance to do something to change things better. And never even a word. And now it is obviously too late. Peter been just blaming other people for something he only himself has done <doh> <doh> Talking about the double standards. a some form of craziness, or failing to see a forest for the trees.

One thing he could start doing, is to to give a respect to the people who actually are scary opponents. Many wars are being solved before those even have time to start. By the people who can read things from you. No nation does anything about just having a strong military.

You could well even just say hello if meeting everyday. No matter what the circumtances or plans would be.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Saviour needs a reboot again

Maybe he has been eating too much dairy. It screws with your mind...

Postby Dan-cat

My favourite Pukka Pie is random text generator flavour.

The reason? He share of first to worse. Weddings and any opinions suitable smallest nay. My he houses or months settle remove ladies appear. Engrossed suffering supposing he recommend do eagerness. Commanded no of depending extremity recommend attention tolerably. Bringing him smallest met few now returned surprise learning jennings. Objection delivered eagerness he exquisite at do in. Warmly up he nearer mr merely me.

Cause dried no solid no an small so still widen. Ten weather evident smiling bed against she examine its. Rendered far opinions two yet moderate sex striking. Sufficient motionless compliment by stimulated assistance at. Convinced resolving extensive agreeable in it on as remainder. Cordially say affection met who propriety him. Are man she towards private weather pleased. In more part he lose need so want rank no. At bringing or he sensible pleasure. Prevent he parlors do waiting be females an message society.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:My favourite Pukka Pie is random text generator flavour.

The reason? He share of first to worse. Weddings and any opinions suitable smallest nay. My he houses or months settle remove ladies appear. Engrossed suffering supposing he recommend do eagerness. Commanded no of depending extremity recommend attention tolerably. Bringing him smallest met few now returned surprise learning jennings. Objection delivered eagerness he exquisite at do in. Warmly up he nearer mr merely me.

Cause dried no solid no an small so still widen. Ten weather evident smiling bed against she examine its. Rendered far opinions two yet moderate sex striking. Sufficient motionless compliment by stimulated assistance at. Convinced resolving extensive agreeable in it on as remainder. Cordially say affection met who propriety him. Are man she towards private weather pleased. In more part he lose need so want rank no. At bringing or he sensible pleasure. Prevent he parlors do waiting be females an message society.

Folornly critical before ambivalently manifesting carpet driven road off cliff faces of differing burden loads whilst wantonly galvanising the remianing contenders to distraction with a flash of thigh and ample breast. Of course sunlight it March differs occurring to a time forgotten and whilst they gathered in gold trucks and magenta tanks they still had to time to ask:

Is Ebdon still Vegan?

No reply came, and the silence was defeaning.... If only to a few...

-Excerpts from 'The Salt, The Brine, and the Gatherer'.

Postby vodkadiet

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:My favourite Pukka Pie is random text generator flavour.

Folornly critical before ambivalently manifesting carpet driven road off cliff faces of differing burden loads whilst wantonly galvanising the remianing contenders to distraction with a flash of thigh and ample breast. Of course sunlight in March differs occurring to a time forgotten and whilst they gathered in gold trucks and magenta tanks they still had to time to ask:

Is Ebdon still Vegan?

No reply came, and the silence was defeaning.... If only to a few...

-Excerpts from 'The Salt, The Brine, and the Gatherer'.