Post a reply

By The Baize - Snooker short film from India

Postby arnab9211

Hi All,

I am an amateur player from India and wanted to share with this forum about an Indian Short Film with snooker as the backdrop. The name of the movie is By The Baize, and it is the first movie of any kind based on snooker to come out from India.

This was shot at the Indian Open 2015 venue in Mumbai. It's a completely fictional piece about a father and his son.

Among the cast you can see former pro from India, Lucky Vatnani and cameos from Peter Ebdon and Cao Yupeng :-) Peter and Cao were extremely supportive and stayed back after the tournament for a day to shoot the scenes :-)

Hope you guys like it :-)

It would do a world of good if you can spread the word on social media by liking and sharing this. We are trying to reach as many people as possible to further the game's visibility.

Thank you :-)

Re: By The Baize - Snooker short film from India

Postby arnab9211

Dan-cat wrote:
arnab9211 wrote:Welcome guys :-) I am the one who is playing Lucky's grown up son. It feels amazing that you guys liked the effort. Thanks a ton :-)

What's your highest break? :)

48 in tournament and 67 in practice. But generally I am a 20-30 break player. Don't really get much time to practice as I am working. But love the game like all of us here :)

Postby Dan-cat

arnab9211 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
arnab9211 wrote:Welcome guys :-) I am the one who is playing Lucky's grown up son. It feels amazing that you guys liked the effort. Thanks a ton :-)

48 in tournament and 67 in practice. But generally I am a 20-30 break player. Don't really get much time to practice as I am working. But love the game like all of us here :)

Wow I wish to make those breaks!!

How's the film going? Welcome to the forum by the way :) Are you gonna watch the world championship over there?

Postby arnab9211

Dan-cat wrote:
arnab9211 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Wow I wish to make those breaks!!

How's the film going? Welcome to the forum by the way :) Are you gonna watch the world championship over there?

Thanks mate :-) The film is getting good responses from the community, so that's a good thing. Trying hard to get more eyeballs for the effort. Let's see how it goes :-)

And yes, I will be watching the world championships! I stream and watch the matches online as they are not broadcast-ed in India. Per Indian timings, the matches start generally around evening and go late into the night. So the 17 days become very hectic with very less sleep! Whole night watching the matches and then back to office next day morning :D But, it's worth it, isn't it? :-)

What about you, how long have you been following the game?