Topic locked

He did it GJ !

Postby Bourne

Massive kudos to your man, what a performance. You stuck by him and this is the reward after all that time. Enjoy it bro :ahh:

Robbo :bowdown:

Re: He did it GJ !

Postby Casey

Robbo :bowdown: :bowdown:

World Champion
GP Champion
World number 2 (at least)
about to be a dad

I am sure you are very proud GJ and rightly so

Postby Monique

Congratulations to Neil, first ever Australian World Champion!

and many more cracking pics to come when I'm at home!

I'd also want to add congratulations to Graeme, a resurgent man. This was hard for his under the circumstances; Pat Mooney is his manager.

Hats off... for both.

Postby Bourne

His record of winning a tournament every year continues by the way ...

2006 Grand Prix
2007 Welsh Open
2008 Bahrain Championship
2009 Grand Prix
2010 World Championship

That is impressive considering there are so few tournaments around these days and so competitive at this level !

Postby GJ

that 2007/2008 season when he struggled big time has probably helped him in the long run

:afro:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:His record of winning a tournament every year continues by the way ...

2006 Grand Prix
2007 Welsh Open
2008 Bahrain Championship
2009 Grand Prix
2010 World Championship

That is impressive considering there are so few tournaments around these days and so competitive at this level !

I don't think anybody else has won 5 ranking events in that time....

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Congratulations to Neil, first ever Australian World Champion!

and many more cracking pics to come when I'm at home!

I'd also want to add congratulations to Graeme, a resurgent man. This was hard for his under the circumstances; Pat Mooney is his manager.

Hats off... for both.

Horace Lindrum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Lindrum :john:

Postby Monique

True Wild, I should have been more precise: in modern era. Horace Lindrum is a legend, but he belongs to an era you can't relly compare with this one. And when I say "compare" I genuinely mean "compare". My opinion is that really great players would have been great in any era. Talent just is ... talent. But comparing results when structures are completely different doesn't make much sense.
Whatever Horace Lindrum is one of the all time greats in cue sports.

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:True Wild, I should have been more precise: in modern era. Horace Lindrum is a legend, but he belongs to an era you can't relly compare with this one. And when I say "compare" I genuinely mean "compare". My opinion is that really great players would have been great in any era. Talent just is ... talent. But comparing results when structures are completely different doesn't make much sense.
Whatever Horace Lindrum is one of the all time greats in cue sports.

agreed.

modern era started at the crucible.

Neil Robertson :ahh: <cool> :bowdown: :D