Post a reply

SNOOKER CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE

Postby Pink Ball

FOUR WEEKS OF MULTI-SESSION MATCHES, ABSOLUTELY BUZZING.

The Championship is obviously my favourite time of year, but the qualifiers have a magic all of their own - they're like that excited feeling you get when the decorations and ads for Christmas start appearing.

Will juggle work with watching some good snooker this week and a bit, delighted Ding is playing on Saturday so I can get to see that. As for the championship itself, I always save my holidays for it.

Let's go you buckers

Re: SNOOKER CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE

Postby SnookerFan

My excitement has been dimmed by the ticketing situation of mine, but I suspect you're all bored of me moaning about that already.

I have the Quarters, Semis and Finals booked off work. It might not get much chance of seeing a multi-session match in it's entirety up until that point, I'll be catching whatever sessions are televised when I'm not at work.

But by gum, anybody that forces me to miss a second of the quarters onwards will be nailed the wall and slowly slaughtered. <laugh>

I've got £15 on my Nectar Card, so I'll be able to get a crate of refreshing lager beer in for free from Sainsburys for the occasion. :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

What role is Gould supposed to be playing?

I see Mary, Joseph, Jesus. Two shepherds, three wise men and Gould. Who seems to be playing the part of some of peeking pervert.

Postby sundaygirl

From Wikipedia :

A Caganer (Catalan pronunciation: [kəɣəˈne], Western Catalan: [kaɣaˈne]) is a figurine depicted in the act of defecation appearing in nativity scenes in Catalonia and neighbouring areas with Catalan culture such as Andorra, Valencia, and Northern Catalonia (in southern France). It is most popular and widespread in these areas, but can also be found in other areas of Spain (Murcia), Portugal, and southern Italy (Naples).
The name "El Caganer” literally means "the crapper" or "the toilet facility". Traditionally, the figurine is depicted as a peasant, wearing the traditional Catalan red cap (the barretina) and with his trousers down, showing a bare backside, and defecating.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:From Wikipedia :

A Caganer (Catalan pronunciation: [kəɣəˈne], Western Catalan: [kaɣaˈne]) is a figurine depicted in the act of defecation appearing in nativity scenes in Catalonia and neighbouring areas with Catalan culture such as Andorra, Valencia, and Northern Catalonia (in southern France). It is most popular and widespread in these areas, but can also be found in other areas of Spain (Murcia), Portugal, and southern Italy (Naples).
The name "El Caganer” literally means "the crapper" or "the toilet facility". Traditionally, the figurine is depicted as a peasant, wearing the traditional Catalan red cap (the barretina) and with his trousers down, showing a bare backside, and defecating.

You're making that up. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:If only there was a player called Frank Incense.
Then we would have, Gould, Frank Incense and Mur-phy!

Hey. I see what you did there. :goodpost:

Postby Gridlock

Cloud Strife wrote:Merry Christmas everybody.

Merry Christmas Strife! Might as well be Christmas here. ..still snowing! :-(