Post a reply

Re: Baic Motor China Open Finals !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Buck me. ROS played a similar green to the middle against Selby in the frame to beat Selby at the Welsh, but Judd plays it infinitely better. The action on that cue ball was ridiculous.

Remember that pink he played once?

I hear that's blasphemy around these parts.

Postby hendry_fan

He,s finaly done it again,he,s won a final and a ranking tourney again.

Well done Judd!. :clap:

Walden did,nt deliver today,as i wrote earlier,thats now 3 consecutive finals that he,s lost. :dizzy:

It was,nt a brilliant final by any means,especially regarding BIG breaks,but as often said,a win is a win,BIG breaks are fun,yeah,but it,s really about winning tournaments.

The Walnut made breaks of 61,74 and a *108*.

The Juddernaut made breaks of 55,59,69 and a 90.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:Next one is the big'un.

Just glad that I'll be back to only 5 hours difference instead of 12! Congrats Trumpy!

Postby Gridlock

Dan-cat wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Just glad that I'll be back to only 5 hours difference instead of 12! Congrats Trumpy!

Qualifiers start on Wednesday :)

Indeed, and I will take full advantage of my livesport subscription! Finally works on my phone, tablet and big screen thru my laptop! Life is good!

Postby Ronnie79

Hopefully the stat that no player has won the China Open and then gone on to win the World continues. I cant stand Trump. When you consider Jimmy and Ronnie are my favourite all time players i hate when people put his name in with them as fan favourites. He is not likeable at all.

Postby Dan-cat

Gridlock wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Qualifiers start on Wednesday :)

Indeed, and I will take full advantage of my livesport subscription! Finally works on my phone, tablet and big screen thru my laptop! Life is good!

Yup Griddy it's a good time of year to have a World Snooker live sport subscription! Hopefully they'll have some commentary. If I remember correctly last year they had commentary for the third (final) round.

Postby PoolBoy

Ronnie79 wrote:Hopefully the stat that no player has won the China Open and then gone on to win the World continues. I cant stand Trump. When you consider Jimmy and Ronnie are my favourite all time players i hate when people put his name in with them as fan favourites. He is not likeable at all.

He's maybe not likeable to you, but he's probably the most popular snooker player behind O'Sullivan.
I'm using Twitter 'followers' as the evidence. Although, this could be 'flimsy' as it's predominantly 'western' based and used a lot by younger females. (who will find Trump attractive - young, loaded, trendy, high-profile - the things that tick women's boxes.)
That's not being 'sexist' - it's simply the facts of the demographics of Twitter use. Similarly, it is now a fact that the majority of users of Facebook are middle-aged women.

But make-up your own minds - here are the number of 'followers' of the snooker personalities (in '000s and rounded up-or-down as applicable).
(Note: some players don't operate an account.
But, of those that do, only individuals with over 1,000 are included. ie '1' in the following list)

Ronnie O'Sullivan 321
Judd Trump 147
Jimmy White 104
Steve Davis 97
Mark Selby 88
Neil Robertson 79
Shaun Murphy 65
Mark Williams 51
Ali Carter 46
Mark Allen 42
Stephen Hendry 38
Ken Doherty 35