Post a reply

Re: World Championships 2016

Postby SnookerFan

Can't see it this year, personally.

I know you can't always tell until the tournament starts, but his form hasn't been that good.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm favouring Ronnie to win it.

I said after The Masters, I believed that he'd take the rest of the season off and just come back for The Crucible and would win it. When he takes time off, and doesn't pressurise himself to enter, he comes back fresh and wins things.

I'm actually massively surprised he entered Wales, as I know he doesn't like the Motorpoint. Hopefully he doesn't get the hump with snooker before then. But I am sticking with him as my prediction.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm favouring Ronnie to win it. .

Me too.

Well I'm glad I was sitting down when I found out such shocking news.... :shock:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm favouring Ronnie to win it. .

Me too.

Well I'm glad I was sitting down when I found out such shocking news.... :shock:

Postby PoolBoy

Much can change - and probably will - in the China Open, but, as-it-stands, the World Championship seedings are at present (after the Players Championship Finals):

1. Stuart Bingham
2. Mark Selby
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson
5. Ronnie O'Sullivan
6. Mark Allen
7. Judd Trump
8. John Higgins
9. Joe Perry
10. Ricky Walden
11. Barry Hawkins
12. Martin Gould
13. Mark Williams
14. Marco Fu
15. Michael White
16. Ding Junhui

Postby PoolBoy

Although there are games on-going, plus two last-64 matches to come, they won't alter the positions in the seedings. Then money may change, but the top 16 remains the same (as of the last-32):

Crucible Seeding
Qualified
Not yet qualified
Could still qualify

1. Stuart Bingham
2. Mark Selby
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson

5. Ronnie O'Sullivan
6. Mark Allen
7. Judd Trump
8. John Higgins
9. Joe Perry
10. Ricky Walden
11. Barry Hawkins
12. Martin Gould
13. Mark Williams
14. Marco Fu

15. Michael White
16. Ding Junhui
---------------------------------
Kyren Wilson
Stephen Maguire
Ryan Day
Robert Milkins
David Gilbert
Matthew Selt
Ben Woollaston
Graeme Dott
Michael Holt

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Are we doing a Watch three again this year? rofl

I think it started with Reanne Evans last season - we could 'follow' women's champion, Ng On Yee this time?! :-D

Postby PoolBoy

Crucible Seeding
Qualified
Not yet qualified
Could still qualify

1. Stuart Bingham
2. Mark Selby
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson

5. Ronnie O'Sullivan
6. Mark Allen
7. Judd Trump
8. John Higgins
9. Joe Perry
10. Ricky Walden
11. Barry Hawkins
12. Martin Gould
13. Mark Williams
14. Marco Fu

15. Michael White
16. Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
David Gilbert
Graeme Dott

Ahead of the last-16 in China, the table remains the same! But, the permutations have become a lot simpler!

Ding Junhui will only 'drop out' of the 16 if Stephen Maguire reaches the semi-finals.
Michael White will only 'drop out' of the 16 if either of two scenarios happens:
Graeme Dott beats Stephen Maguire in the Final...or...David Gilbert beats Stephen Maguire in the Final.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Are we doing a Watch three again this year? rofl

I think it started with Reanne Evans last season - we could 'follow' women's champion, Ng On Yee this time?! :-D

Good idea.

As long as I call it a Watch Thread and not a Watch Three.

Postby PoolBoy

Crucible Seeding
Qualified
Not yet qualified
Could still qualify

1. Stuart Bingham
2. Mark Selby
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson

5. Ronnie O'Sullivan
6. Mark Allen
7. Judd Trump
8. John Higgins
9. Joe Perry
10. Ricky Walden
11. Barry Hawkins
12. Martin Gould
13. Mark Williams
14. Marco Fu
15. Michael White

16. Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire

Ahead of the quarter-finals in China, 15 of the 16 seeds are now confirmed!
Stephen Maguire will 'jump' into a seeding berth if he beats Alfie Burden tomorrow - sending Ding to the qualifiers!
But, if Maguire loses, Ding will go to the Crucible as 16th seed.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'm probably being harsh on Michael White, but i'm actually surprised that he's in the top 16. It doesn't feel like he's done anything to even merit being there, I can't even remember a good result for him at all this season apart from beating Higgins at the Welsh, but there he is and credit to him.

Certainly one of the most vulnerable seeds and easily the weakest of the top 16. A qualifier would fancy the job me thinks.

Postby MarkoPiet

Here is the provisional draw for the qualifiers that I formed for FinnSnooker, have a look. The unseeded players will of course have a big impact but at the moment in my opinion the most interesting sections seem to be
  • Alan McManus, David Morris, Stuart Carrington, Jimmy Robertson
  • Tian Pengfei, Ken Doherty, Alfie Burden, Ryan Day
  • Luca Brecel, Liam Highfield, Sam Baird, Tom Ford
  • Jack Lisowski, Rory McLeod, Lee Walker, David Gilbert
  • Fergal O'Brien, Zhou Yuelong, Zhang Anda, Mark Davis

Looing forward to a great week of snooker!

Postby PoolBoy

Crucible Seeding
China Open semi-finalist

1. Stuart Bingham
2. Mark Selby
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson

5. Ronnie O'Sullivan
6. Judd Trump
7. Mark Allen
8. John Higgins
9. Joe Perry
10. Ricky Walden
11. Barry Hawkins
12. Martin Gould
13. Mark Williams
14. Marco Fu
15. Michael White
16. Stephen Maguire

Trump has moved ahead of Mark Allen, and will also leap-frog Ronnie if he can win his semi-final.
Stephen Maguire has made it - Ding now has to qualify.
There will be more changes over the weekend, as all 4 players in the semis are in the seedings.

Postby hendry_fan

Rockettim147 wrote:http://snookerhq.com/2016/04/01/osullivan-announces-plan-to-quit/. Got to be April fools or should I say April Fool!

That aint no April fooooooooooools day article,thats Ronnie. <laugh>

He,s said at least 1000 times that he,s gonna call it a day,but he,s still playing.

It don,t matter when he,d say it,he could say it on the 20 of January,the 31st of Febuary,on April foooools day or on the 25th of December,he,ll keep playin after this years worlds alright. :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ebdon is going absolutely bonkers on Twitter about the whole 'everyone outside the top 16 has to play 3 matches to qualify' for the Worlds thing. About half of my feed is straight-up him bashing the qualifying system.

I remember him at the Grand Prix saying similar stuff in his interviews. Fouldsy wasn't too happy with it.

Postby Roland

I think we've all worked out by now that that man is away with the fairies

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Ebdon is going absolutely bonkers on Twitter about the whole 'everyone outside the top 16 has to play 3 matches to qualify' for the Worlds thing. About half of my feed is straight-up him bashing the qualifying system.

I remember him at the Grand Prix saying similar stuff in his interviews. Fouldsy wasn't too happy with it.

Simple, he had to get good results to get a Top 16 place. Did he? he did not, so like the rest of them he has to win 3 qualifiers.

Moaners always moaners.

Postby Rockettim147

hendry_fan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:http://snookerhq.com/2016/04/01/osullivan-announces-plan-to-quit/. Got to be April fools or should I say April Fool!

LOL hopefully

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:

That aint no April fooooooooooools day article,thats Ronnie. <laugh>

He,s said at least 1000 times that he,s gonna call it a day,but he,s still playing.

It don,t matter when he,d say it,he could say it on the 20 of January,the 31st of Febuary,on April foooools day or on the 25th of December,he,ll keep playin after this years worlds alright. :-D

The 'jimmy's flying in practice' bit made me laugh out loud

Postby SnookerFan

How is that an April Fools? That's just repeating what Ronnie has been saying his entire career.

It'd be more outrageous if he's led us to believe Ronnie WASN'T moaning about retirement.