Post a reply

I want Bingham to win this tournament

Postby SnookerFan

I want Bingham to win this tournament. And then win the Worlds.

That way he can break The Crucible Curse, and The China Open Winner Never Wins The Crucible In The Same Season Curse.

Re: I want Bingham to win this tournament

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I want Bingham to win this tournament. And then win the Worlds.

That way he can break The Crucible Curse, and The China Open Winner Never Wins The Crucible In The Same Season Curse.

Hehehehehe love it :)

'no one has ever won the China Open and then the Worlds' <- like this is an actual thing

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I want Bingham to win this tournament. And then win the Worlds.

Hehehehehe love it :)

'no one has ever won the China Open and then the Worlds' <- like this is an actual thing

The Crucible Curse isn't an actual thing, unless you ask the BBC.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

They were talking about it a lot during Ken Doherty's defence in 1998. That was the first World Championship I saw where Hendry wasn't the defending champ. It's odd that so few players in general have retained the title. Even though Snooker is very open and competitive you don't have to be dominant to win back to back titles. In PDC darts in the last five years both Adrian Lewis and Gary Anderson have retained world titles and neither of them could replace Phil Taylor or Michael Van Gerwen as World No.1. They have the exact same ranking system as snooker and you would be a mile in front in you had two world titles on your ranking.