Post a reply

Baic Motor China Open Last 32 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of March ~ Sunday 3rd of April at the Beijing University Students Gymnasium

The Last 32 gets underway with only 6 top 16 seeds still left in and only 15 of the top 32.

leading the hunt for glory is World Champion Stuaart Bingham, Shaun Murphy and Judd Trump.

Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Darryl Hill v Dominic Dale Never played before
Jack Lisowski v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 3-0
Rhys Clark v Alfie Burden Never played before
Mike Dunn v Rory McLeod Dunn leads 3-2
Judd Trump v Jimmy Robertson Trump leads 3-1
Marco Fu v Robert Milkins Marco Fu leads 7-6
Matthew Selt v Martin O'Donnell Selt leads 1-0
Mark King v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 12-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noppon Saengkham v Ben Woollaston Never played before
Yuan Sijun v Graeme Dott Never played before
David Gilbert v Lee Walker Never played before
Mark Joyce v John Higgins Higgins leads 2-0
Tian Pengfei v Michael Holt Holt leads 1-0
Ricky Walden v Ryan Day 5-5
Kyren Wilson v Rod Lawler 1-1
Ian Burns v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Baic Motor China Open Last 32 !!!!

Postby Wildey

its amazing how many top 16 has mde it this far and Ricky Walen and Judd Trump even had W/O.

currently Kyren Wilson is 2-0 down to Rod Lawler

Postby Wildey

Ricky Walden has hot footed it from Manchester and looking good against Ryan Day.

Rhys Clark best Ranking finish to date is a last 64 of the German Masters this year so a place in the last 16 here would be a great bonus at the end of a bad debut season

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Ricky Walden has hot footed it from Manchester and looking good against Ryan Day.

Rhys Clark best Ranking finish to date is a last 64 of the German Masters this year so a place in the last 16 here would be a great bonus at the end of a bad debut season

Rhys went 4-3 up,but Burden wins the 8th frame win a century to force a decider.

No problem for John Haggis against Joyce,knocks in 3 70+ breaks.

After Mags goin 4-0 in front,Lisowski pulls 2 back,4-2 atm.

Postby GJ

A shocker from Wilson needs to up his game for world quallies.

Haggis :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog 38m38 minutes ago
Looking at Maguire's draw, he needs to beat Dale/Hill, then Dunn/McLeod/Burden to break into the top 16 as it stands...

I'd say Mags has a pretty good draw for this top 16 assault, on paper he should see all those players off

Postby Cheshire Cat

Indeedly so. I could see DD and McLeod beating Mags, possibly Dunn if he carries on with the momentum he has at the moment.

I would expect the Mags of old to beat any of them though.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I like watching this Yuan kid. Not as gung-ho as some young players, can't afford to be against the likes of Graeme Dott.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Trumpetino takes a 2-0 lead after a good clearance and what should have been a century.

Yuan looking good for 1-0 over Dott. Then blows the frame-winning red.

EDIT: Dott throws the frame away after a fairly careless attempt at escaping a snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog 38m38 minutes ago
Looking at Maguire's draw, he needs to beat Dale/Hill, then Dunn/McLeod/Burden to break into the top 16 as it stands...

I'd say Mags has a pretty good draw for this top 16 assault, on paper he should see all those players off

Good morning Dan,

Mags really <should> beat the likes of those mentioned,but as it,s been said many times,nothin is a 100% garantee and we all know what Mags has been like lately,not exactly consistent is he. :roll:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Trump at the moment is playing the snooker of the tournament so far. Everything he looks at is going in or running his way.

Postby hendry_fan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Trump at the moment is playing the snooker of the tournament so far. Everything he looks at is going in or running his way.

It,s been that story for a while now though,1,2 matches he plays very well only to then suddenly plunge in the next.

Postby Cheshire Cat

A few good performances going on ATM from the more well-known players.

Bingo 2-1 up with breaks of 79 and 67.
Fu 2-1 up with breaks of 96 and 66.
Dale 2-1 up with a break of 105.
Tian Pengfei made a 133 against Holt and leads 3-1.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:A shocker from Wilson needs to up his game for world quallies.

Haggis :hatoff:

lets not forget Kyren came from nowhere to win the Shanghai Masters so results like today are expected he is still very inconsistent and this defeat was not a surprise

Postby Cheshire Cat

pmsl

Trump tries to lay a snooker with about a foot between cue ball and brown and puts too much drag on it, giving JRobbo a free ball. Careless really.

Postby hendry_fan

Cheshire Cat wrote:pmsl

Trump tries to lay a snooker with about a foot between cue ball and brown and puts too much drag on it, giving JRobbo a free ball. Careless really.

Has the plunge started already. ;-)

I,ve just seen that Woollaston just lost narrowly again.

Rory gets revenge against Dunn,he lost 4-1 just last week against him.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I don't seem to like listening to Eurosport, or the Beeb for that matter, when a young player like Yuan is playing. Comms almost always come across as so.. condescending? It's hard to listen to.

'If I was his teacher I would give him an A+ for that shot'. Dear me. The Cringe.

Postby Wildey

Dott plays safeties far too casual hes not putting real pressure on the young man

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wildey wrote:Dott plays safeties far too casual hes not putting real pressure on the young man

Agreed. Dott's attitude at the start of the match I thought was terribly casual.

Simple clearance gives Dott a 5-2 win though. I mainly watched this match instead of the Trump one, thought Yuan acquitted himself well. Dott just did enough to get the win, hardly anything to write home about.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Dott plays safeties far too casual hes not putting real pressure on the young man

Aye and his temperament aint the best neither,but thats Graeme,he,s been like that for years and i,m sure he won,t change.

He beats the 15 year old 5-2 though.

So thats J Haggis,Mags n Dott through to the next round. :happy:

Postby Wildey

The shocks continue Shaun Murphy has been Knocked out losing 5-3 to Mark King