Post a reply

Are best of 7s really much faster?

Postby eraserhead

I've been thinking about this during this tournament, Is there really that much difference in match times for best of 7s, best of 9s and best of 11s? (and is there a way to find out?)

To me best of 7s always feel longer and scrappier than best of 9s do. unless one player just demolishes the other, they just have that edgy feel where players are desperate to get over the line rather than playing their natural game.

This might just be all in my head because obviously best of 9s and 11s have the potential to go on longer and if it's a scrappy match no formats going to change that.

Re: Are best of 7s really much faster?

Postby sundaygirl

There is a way to find out.
Stage a tourney where one half of the draw is best of seven and the other half is best of nines.
Last edited by sundaygirl on 26 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

sundaygirl wrote:There is a why to find out.
Stage a tourney where one half of the draw is best of seven and the other half is best of nines.

The Eraserhead classic :happy:

Postby Andre147

Ronnie once won a Best of 11 in 58 min!!! Remember it as if it was today, Semi against Dale at the Northern Ireland Trophy in 2006.

Postby Wildey

i think eraserhead has made a very good point because theres no interval to re group play is slower and more cautious in the early part than a best of 9 or 11 is.