Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Semi Finals!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of March ~ Sunday 27th of March at Event City, Manchester

Both Shaun Murphy and Mark Allen strugled in the quarter Finals but both won against players thats not used to performing on centre stage Ben Woollaston and Mike Dunn respectively and will play each other in the Semi Finals.

The other Semi Final brings together out of Form top 16 players Barry Hawkins and Ricky Walden have had poor season by their standards but it could come good over the Weekend.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen Murphy leads 11-5
-------------------------------------------------------
Ricky Walden v Barry Hawkins Walden leads 10-9

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Semi Finals!!!

Postby TheRocket

Hendry has been very down on this tournament so far you have to say and he's probably not enjoying it.

And I can't blame him. This tournament has been really poor and boring as well. From every aspect (standard, crowd, many topplayers/bignames not participating). Could be the weakest ranking tournament so far this season.

Still good luck to all four players and may the best man win.

But luckily it's only 3 weeks left to the World Championship. Then we'll see some proper Snooker again.

Postby Gridlock

I would really be happy if Walden could advance. Smurphy looks so so to take it all. Hopefully now that it's BO11 it will get interesting.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Good night's kip and then more snooker on Saturday. Lovely.

I agree, I'd like Walden to make the final, but Hawk would be just as good. Allen needs to up his game or hope that Murphy has another bad match. I expect Murphy to do the job though, Allen just seemed completely out of sorts in his interview.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Hendry has been very down on this tournament so far you have to say and he's probably not enjoying it.

And I can't blame him. This tournament has been really poor and boring as well. From every aspect (standard, crowd, many topplayers/bignames not participating). Could be the weakest ranking tournament so far this season.

Still good luck to all four players and may the best man win.

But luckily it's only 3 weeks left to the World Championship. Then we'll see some proper Snooker again.

Hendry hasent been down on the tournament hes being honest and that will be the same in sheffield.

ive enjoyed the tournament and mistakes makes tournament exciting for me too many big breaks can get monotonous but you call it as it is Standard been crap but that hasent detracted from the tournament at all.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Worst tournament I've ever watched. Bahrain Championship looks amazing compared to this crap

that's your opinion but i enjoyed Barhain too.

i guess im just a snooker fan

Postby Gridlock

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Worst tournament I've ever watched. Bahrain Championship looks amazing compared to this crap

that's your opinion but i enjoyed Barhain too.

i guess im just a snooker fan

I'm with you, friend!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

World number eight Hawkins had booked a flight tonight from Manchester to Beijing for the China Open – which starts on Monday – and arrived  at the venue this morning with his suitcase in tow. But he can now reschedule as a fine display against Ding put him into the last four to face Ali Carter or Ricky Walden on Saturday. Hawkins is aiming to win his third career ranking title and first since the 2014 Players Championship.

loooolllll

why tf do this if u have a chance to win. low on confidence or what or superstitous

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'm fairly content with this tourney tbh. We've got 4 top 16 players in the semi finals and we'll have a top 16 clash in the final. If the semis and final were still BO7 I'd probably not give much of a care, but I'm not going to complain about having more longer distance matches to watch on TV.

Postby SnookerFan

Somebody talk to me about Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy. I only caught the end of Allen's match last night, but understand it was an error strewed match.

Not seen much this week. We anticipating a straightforward Murphy win? Or will Allen show some form? Murphy sounds to have been playing better.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Somebody talk to me about Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy. I only caught the end of Allen's match last night, but understand it was an error strewed match.

Not seen much this week. We anticipating a straightforward Murphy win? Or will Allen show some form? Murphy sounds to have been playing better.

Mark Allen's match was dire. It was David Grace v Liang Wenbo UK semi standard.

Shaun Murphy just didn't show up, but neither did Woolly. It was just error after error until someone got over the line. Wool was in with a great chance in the decider but, as one or two people called in the thread, he didn't have the nerve to see it out.

Murphy came into the studio afterwards saying it was the table's fault for playing slower and that he couldn't adjust, then Hendry came in and just called Murph's excuse out for being a load of dross. Allen has absolutely no chance with the attitude he has at the moment, he sounded in his interview like he's just waiting for someone to beat him and send him packing.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Gridlock wrote:I would really be happy if Walden could advance. Smurphy looks so so to take it all. Hopefully now that it's BO11 it will get interesting.

hahahaha. bo 11? why did they changw the format all of a sudden

The Tournament is moving away from the PTC it wont be a Grand Final of a PTC series any more.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Mark Allen's match was dire. It was David Grace v Liang Wenbo UK semi standard.

Shaun Murphy just didn't show up, but neither did Woolly. It was just error after error until someone got over the line. Wool was in with a great chance in the decider but, as one or two people called in the thread, he didn't have the nerve to see it out.

Murphy came into the studio afterwards saying it was the table's fault for playing slower and that he couldn't adjust, then Hendry came in and just called Murph's excuse out for being a load of dross. Allen has absolutely no chance with the attitude he has at the moment, he sounded in his interview like he's just waiting for someone to beat him and send him packing.

Well, I should think so. What sort of professional player can't adjust to the speed of the table? Murphy's won a triple crown, he's not some guy having a go on a snooker table when in the pub?

Postby MarkoPiet

SnookerFan wrote:Isn't Walden scheduled to play on Monday in Beijing?

That's why there are spare slots in the format. The finalists will play their first matches on Wednesday and if the matches of the losing semi-finalists are scheduled to be played on Monday, they will play their matches on Tuesday.

Postby SnookerFan

MarkoPiet wrote:

That's why there are spare slots in the format. The finalists will play their first matches on Wednesday and if the matches of the losing semi-finalists are scheduled to be played on Monday, they will play their matches on Tuesday.

Remember when there was only six ranking events a season? <laugh>

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
MarkoPiet wrote:

I'm a young whippersnapper. I'm too young to remember those times. <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
MarkoPiet wrote:

I'm a young whippersnapper. I'm too young to remember those times. <cool>

:bird:

Postby SnookerFan

I remember that semi final that Could referred to. Great sportsmanship there.

Whilst in the other semi we had a Ronnie vs Judd chav-a-thon, with Ronnie masturbating his cue and threatening to leave. We had fans letting off fart machines, and commentators laughing their heads off. All verycrings from all involved.

Walden and Hawkins talked of how much the match meant to them, and Walden came in and congratulated Hawkins post-match. All very gracious.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:I remember that semi final that Could referred to. Great sportsmanship there.

Whilst in the other semi we had a Ronnie vs Judd chav-a-thon, with Ronnie masturbating his cue and threatening to leave. We had fans letting off fart machines, and commentators laughing their heads off. All verycrings from all involved.

Walden and Hawkins talked of how much the match meant to them, and Walden came in and congratulated Hawkins post-match. All very gracious.

I like to think that match didn't happen. It was a chav-a-thon /and/ a terrible standard. Trump was talking trash before the match, then came out and got bombed by ROS playing his C game.