Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Last 16!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of March ~ Sunday 27th of March at Event City, Manchester

The Last 16 sees Ding Junhui playing Michael White and a good run here will go a long way to booking Ding a place at the Crucible inside the top 16 after a poor season.

Also stil in the tournament are Mark Allen,Marco Fu, Ricky Walden, Judd Trump, Ali Carter, Barry Hawkins and World Grand Prix Champion Shaun Murphy.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Matthew Selt v Ben Woollaston Selt leads 3-1
Dominic Dale v Shaun Murphy 5-5
Mark Allen v Mark King King leads 7-6
Ryan Day v Mike Dunn Day leads 5-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marco Fu v Ricky Walden Marco Fu leads 5-1
Judd Trump v Allister Carter Trump leads 9-7
Ding Junhui v Michael White Ding Junhui leads 1-0
Robert Milkins v Barry Hawkins Milkins leads 4-1

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Last 16!!!

Postby hendry_fan

I won,t be able to watch much of todays action,as i have some important things to do and in the evening i,m off for a match of snooker with a guy from my club.

I,m not really fussed who wins or loses in todays matches,it,s be great if Dunn were to win his one though. :-)

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:I won,t be able to watch much of todays action,as i have some important things to do and in the evening i,m off for a match of snooker with a guy from my club.

I,m not really fussed who wins or loses in todays matches,it,s be great if Dunn were to win his one though. :-)

Agreed. Big day for him. And he can quite clearly play. If Ronnie had made that green and that clearance against Rory we'd still be talking about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Dunno how much I'll watch tonight and tomorrow. Bit tired, and I'm out all day tomorrow.

I guess I really should do the three days worth of washing up at home. rofl Might catch up with Gotham that I didn't watch on Monday.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I love watching Ding when he's like this. Develops the bunch bit by bit with so many little cannons, probably one of the best in the game at doing it.

Postby hendry_fan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Little Hui makes a 141 total clearance. Flawless. <ok>

Wow!,just missed it. <ok>

Would be great if Ding could get back to winnin ways again and become consistent again,i hope he,s gotten what was bothering him,affectin his play sorted out,he did,nt half go through a strange phase,he was sweaerin,looked misrable,depressed,struggled to win a match,never mind gettin to the latter part of tourneys/winnin them.

Postby eraserhead

TWITTER ATTACK!

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog

Confirmation that with that win, Ding moves provisionally back into the top 16 & in position for a Crucible seeding.

That also means that Stephen Maguire now must reach at least the semi-finals of the China Open to have any chance of avoiding Ponds Forge

Again to explain, Ding is currently ranked higher officially, but is due to lose points from winning the China Open in 2014.

Even taking that upcoming loss of points into account however, he would now still sneak into the top 16 as it stands for Sheffield.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Little Hui makes a 143 total clearance. Flawless. <ok>

Damn. Nipped out to the pub for a Doom Bar or 3 and missed this!

He is brilliant when on song. Yes - we need him back in the trophies.

Should've asked them to put the snooker on in the pub.

You'd have probably done like me, and spent the entire day there. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Should've asked them to put the snooker on in the pub.

You'd have probably done like me, and spent the entire day there. rofl

Very tempting... got to find some new tunes for a gig tonight though.

How's the play been so far in the Trump / Carter match? Fairly neutral in this, I guess I'd like to see Ali win a title soon though

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:
Very tempting... got to find some new tunes for a gig tonight though.

How's the play been so far in the Trump / Carter match? Fairly neutral in this, I guess I'd like to see Ali win a title soon though

I'd love Ali to win this event, he's too good to be ranked 32 in the World. He's easily top 16 for me.

Carter has played really well, 70-odd and a century I think to lead 2-1. Good standard.

Postby Gridlock

Got hopefully the last ice/snow storm of the winter/spring so home from work today! Is that correct trumpy is half hour now without potting?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Carter lucky, or does Judd have an attitude?

I miss that tool.

Carter is smacking Trump's bottie because he is a very naughty boy

If I didn't know any better, i'd think 'naughty snooker' was some punny name for an adult snooker-themed video.

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Carter is smacking Trump's bottie because he is a very naughty boy

If I didn't know any better, i'd think 'naughty snooker' was some punny name for an adult snooker-themed video.

I won't make the easy pink or tight brown gag.