Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 8th of March ~ Sunday 13th of March at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

In a Repeat of the World Final Stuart Bingham will play Shaun Murphy.

Shaun has been in better form all week conceding 4 frames to Stuart Bingham's 10 but all that means nothing when the final starts.

Who will Win?

DRAW

Final

Stuart Bingham v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 10-3

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!

Postby TheRocket

In terms of quality/standard these two probably had a better World final than ROS and Selby had a year before. But this match still get a lot less attention than any ROS-Selby match. It just shows how every sport has his big names, the attention getters and these two definitely don't belong to that category.

Postby Andre147

So a repeat of the "one sided drab final" is what we have in store tomorrow.

I hope Murphy gets revenge, I like his style of play so hopefully he can win it, but to be quite honest I'm not too fussed about it. This tournament been crap from the start and only a super high quality final may chnage that somewhat.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Eh, sod it. I'd like Murphy to either win 10-0 or to at least keep up the form he's shown and force Bingham to keep up / play better to take the match close.

The only way tomorrow could annoy me is if Murphy just comes out and fires a complete blank.

Postby Wildey

Just because bucking Ronnie, Robbo, Selby etc lost early doesent make it a bucking crap event.

show some love for the bucking sport.

some matches have been bad believe me ive sat through 2 of them myself but you get that in every tournament and During my time watching snooker ive really seen Bad Events 1985 World Championship immediately springs to mind.

the standard of comments on here is getting sub standard to say the least and its getting worst every week/month.

ive read through the semi final thread and i honestly think best thing Roland could do is Pull the plug on the forum its getting embarrassing.

Postby Alex0paul

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What a sad state of affairs snooker is in nowadays. Truly depressing.

In what regards?

Players like Perry, Bingham, Hawkins etc at the top of the game. They're up there because there is nothing coming through whatsoever. Too many journeymen getting to major finals because top players don't have the hunger or have the same old excuses to fall back on. "So tough nowadays", "standard so high", "another tournament next week".

It's so frustrating seeing McGill make a WC quarter then do sod all next year. Likewise Michael White.

It's a shock now to see two top 8 players actually contest a ranking final.

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What a sad state of affairs snooker is in nowadays. Truly depressing.

In what regards?

Players like Perry, Bingham, Hawkins etc at the top of the game. They're up there because there is nothing coming through whatsoever. Too many journeymen getting to major finals because top players don't have the hunger or have the same old excuses to fall back on. "So tough nowadays", "standard so high", "another tournament next week".

It's so frustrating seeing McGill make a WC quarter then do sod all next year. Likewise Michael White.

It's a shock now to see two top 8 players actually contest a ranking final.

Fully agree with you. There's so much wrong with the game at the moment, and yet you have people like Wild who have their heads buried in the sand and reckon we should be grateful for what we have.

Snooker is definitely built on sand right now and it wouldn't take a lot for it to sink without trace.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm with Wild on this one.

If the higher ranked players lose, they lose. Murphy and Bingham won their matches, and deserve to the in the final.

This attitude where people throw their toys out of their pram just because their favourite player is out gets dull.

Besides, Shaun Murphy and Stuart Bingham are both World Championship matter how much we want them to be journeyman.

Postby SnookerFan

Who do I want to win this?

Shaun has perhaps played the better snooker of the two this week, certainly the most exciting. So, you could argue he deserves it for that.

Yet, personally I would probably rather Bingham win. It's give him a trophy in his WC season. And Murphy did beat Ding, who I wanted in the final.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:I'm with Wild on this one.

If the higher ranked players lose, they lose. Murphy and Bingham won their matches, and deserve to the in the final.

This attitude where people throw their toys out of their pram just because their favourite player is out gets dull.

Besides, Shaun Murphy and Stuart Bingham are both World Championship matter how much we want them to be journeyman.

Perry and Ding are two of my favourite players so I've had a good week. In five years time are we going to see players like Tom Ford and Gary Wilson in the top 8 because there is nobody coming through.

I can't name a single junior player from the UK that has shown anything compared to say 10 years ago.

Postby hendry_fan

So,it,s a 1x world champ v a 1x world champ. :-)

I think and hope that Smurph will win this one and will put his ranking silverware tally up to 6.

I have some things to do today,so i,ll only be able to watch bits n bobs.

Come on Smurph,you,ve maintained consistency all week so far,keep it up in this final. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

I like to give Murphy slack and all, but he is still an amazing player in my eyes and really ought to have won more than he has. 5 ranking events seems almost criminal. It'd be nice to see him add this to his CV.

Postby sas6789

I think Murphy will win because IMO he's the only player that's really played consistently well all tournament, but Bingham proved me wrong in the world final so he can do it again!

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:I'm with Wild on this one.

Calling Bingham and Murphy journeyman is ridiculous, especially Murphy, a triple crown winner.

Postby eraserhead

I rooted for Bingham at the worlds, I want Smurph to win this he's played some great stuff this week.
Last edited by eraserhead on 13 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Murphy is probably the best player Bingo could have met in a final right now. Murphy will almost always give you chances, more than most players, which is just what Bingham needs to settle down.