Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Murphy will win 6-3.

Repeat of the world final coming up. :zzz:

Yep. But better to have it here than in the World Championship again. Hopefully, we'll have the best possible World final. Like ROS-Robertson or something like that.

Postby boris_the_butcher

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yep. But better to have it here than in the World Championship again. Hopefully, we'll have the best possible World final. Like ROS-Robertson or something like that.

or a ROS/Carter. The first two were classics.

Postby vodkadiet

Trudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
This is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down
Armageddon - come Armageddon!
Come, Armageddon! Come!

Was Morrissey singing about Llandudno?

Postby vodkadiet

boris_the_butcher wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

or a ROS/Carter. The first two were classics.

Davis vs Parrott was a classic.

Postby TheRocket

Ding could be one of these players who might decline early. Like MJW. And considering that Ding started competing on the highest level at a very early age.

Would be a pity if he never wins the World. But at least you can say that he's never come close, so it won't be too painful like it is with Trump who choked a few times. But I suppose, he's gonna win it one day unlike Ding.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I just spotted Wildey in the crowd.

Where?!!

Just kidding.

not a hope tonight lol not there

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding once again coming up short when it matters. The guy is mentally weak as snake hiss.

Shaun has played better all week

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ding once again coming up short when it matters. The guy is mentally weak as snake hiss.

Shaun has played better all week

He's been over cutting shots throughout this match. A sign he is not really up for the fight this evening.

Postby TheRocket

I still think, his failure at playing well in the WC has really destroyed him and that's the key reason for his last two years. Especially that first round loss against Wasley after he had such a great season with winning 5 rankers.

He isn't that weak mentally. He won a very close UK final in 2009 against Higgins where he played great under pressure. He's won 11 of his 14 ranking finals.

But his permanent failure in the World has really destroyed his confidence I think.
If people talk about Ding, they'll all say that he's a great player. But in the next sentence they will mention his poor record in the Crucible. And Ding knows it.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Considering Murphy had only lost 1 frame all tourney until this match, i'd say Ding has done well. Murphy, except maybe in the Gould match, would have wrecked most players this week.

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:Considering Murphy had only lost 1 frame all tourney until this match, i'd say Ding has done well. Murphy, except maybe in the Gould match, would have wrecked most players this week.

To be fair. Considering how bad Murphy has been playing today though, you'd expect Ding to do more damage than he's done so far. The Ding of two, three years ago would have destroyed this Murphy.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Considering Murphy had only lost 1 frame all tourney until this match, i'd say Ding has done well. Murphy, except maybe in the Gould match, would have wrecked most players this week.

To be fair. Considering how bad Murphy has been playing today though, you'd expect Ding to do more damage than he's done so far. The Ding of two, three years ago would have destroyed this Murphy.

Murphy not played badly hes made some mistakes yes but nothing drastic.

Ding did very well to be 3-2 up Murphy was the most attacking since then murphy growing in confidence and ding wilting under the pressure

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ding did very well to be 3-2 up Murphy was the most attacking since then murphy growing in confidence and ding wilting under the pressure

Ding had a great chance in every single frame I think and Murphy looked very vulnerable at times. You just expect more from Ding. That's how highly I rate him. We know how good he can be and he's much better than what he did show today.

Postby vodkadiet

Ladbrokes are quoting Richi Persad as 6/5 to front up BBC's Crucible coverage this year following his fantastic presenting this week.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:The tournament final should bededicated to all those who thought The Crucible final would be one sided and drab.

18-15 is one sided!!

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Ding had a great chance in every single frame I think and Murphy looked very vulnerable at times. You just expect more from Ding. That's how highly I rate him. We know how good he can be and he's much better than what he did show today.

Players had plenty of chances in the Welsh Open against Ronnie however that did not detract of how brilliant he was.

players gets chances you have to take them to win if you dont you will be beaten against form players and Shaun played very well tonight

Postby hendry_fan

I did,nt see a second of these 2 semi-final matches,as i was at a birthday party from one of my freinds.

This particular freind sometimes plays pool,so he talked me into havin a few games,after a few we ended up agreeing to have a best of 19,i cruised to a 7-3 lead,but then he pulled off 4 on the spin,after 18 frames,we were at 9 a piece and hendry_fan ended up winnin the decider. :happy:

In all honesty,i was glad it was over,as i personaly find pool boring,snookers a zillion times better. :-)

What a match it was btween Bingo and Perry,went the full distance,in readin the comments here it seemed it was,nt a "great" match,but i,m sure the presenter,Angles n Foulds said it was. <laugh>

Murphy,bar a few mistakes,(which happens in almost every match) once again on the whole played very solid it seems,so fair play to him for being able to maintain consistency.

It,ll probably be not much of a consolation to Ding after the very lonnnng dire spell he,s had,but at least he got to a semi of a ranking tourney again.