Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 8th of March ~ Sunday 13th of March at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

Defending Champion Judd Trump and Top Seed John Higgins followed Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson and Mark Selby out of the tournament at the Last 16 stage.

But World Champion Stuart Bingham, 2005 World Chaampion Shaun Murphy and Twice UK Champion Ding Junhui still there heading the charge for glory.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Ryan Day v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 7-4
Allister Carter v Joe Perry Perry leads 9-8
--------------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 4-3
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Ding Junhui 1-1

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!!

Postby hendry_fan

Quarter Finals

Ryan Day v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 7-4
Allister Carter v Joe Perry Perry leads 9-8
--------------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 4-3
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Ding Junhui 1-1

Quarter finals are STILL best of 7,s!. :td:

Out of the remaining 8 players,i,d like to see Teppy go on and win this,but i think either Murphy or Carter will.

I unfortunatley won,t be able to see any of the Teppy/Ding match as i have an appointment to get my mop cut.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Awwwwww, Ding and Thep are in the same half of the draw. Only just noticed that.

Hopefully Thep comes out playing well tonight. The mainstream TV viewers don't often get to see him, he's really classy to watch.

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:Awwwwww, Ding and Thep are in the same half of the draw. Only just noticed that.

Hopefully Thep comes out playing well tonight. The mainstream TV viewers don't often get to see him, he's really classy to watch.

i was in the arena yesterday and some of the balls he was missing was unbelievable cant believe Allen threw away a 2-0 lead

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:i was in the arena yesterday and some of the balls he was missing was unbelievable cant believe Allen threw away a 2-0 lead

How did you find the venue, sir? :hatoff:

As a venue its one of the best ive been theres plenty of sitting spaces in the Bar next to cuezone a massive lobby and corridors so nobody out in the rain waiting for the doors to open to the arena. With a restaurant upstairs and two caffe bars for sandwiches or soft drinks and 3 or 4 toilets so absolutely no queue for the bogs.

Maximum the hall can hold is 2 tables so no way the Welsh Open could be played there ever.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:i was in the arena yesterday and some of the balls he was missing was unbelievable cant believe Allen threw away a 2-0 lead

I bet he used his Sat-Nav! :-D

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I bet he used his Sat-Nav! :-D

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Awwwwww, Ding and Thep are in the same half of the draw. Only just noticed that.

i was in the arena yesterday and some of the balls he was missing was unbelievable cant believe Allen threw away a 2-0 lead

Gibberish.

I hope Thep rams those words down your throat. He is the future of snooker.

Postby Wildey

What Words you idiot.

what i said was what happened im not saying he is rubbish because he is a fantastic player when on song but the reality is he is hit and miss.

Postby Gridlock

I have followed Teppy since the six reds this year. I call him the Iceman!

Postby TheRocket

Somewhat disappointing that the quarters are still bo7. Should be bo9 like in the Welsh.

And we only had 32 players in this tournament. Two matches less to win the tournament in other words like in the old days. Should be bo9 allway through this tournament.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Muppets on twitter bashing Thep for getting a bit of run yesterday against Allen.

94%-ish pot success for Ding and Thep in 5th frame. Not much 'fluky' about that.

Postby Wildey

Thepchaiya was given a chance by ding to close out the match but couldn't take it so Ding wins to close the gap to 3-2.

Postby Andy Spark

This table is an utter disgrace, pockets like buckets with balls dropping in off the near jaw all the time, and best of seven quarter-finals in a ranking event! I hate Barry Hearn. >-(