Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 8th of March ~ Sunday 13th of March at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

After Carnage in the last 32 which saw Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson and Mark Selby fall by the wayside its opened the door for Defending Champion Judd Trump to defend his title.

But still there is to try and stop him are 4 times World Champion John Higgins, 2005 World Champion Shaun Murphy, 2002 World Champion Peter Ebdon, Current World Champion Stuart Bingham plus Ding Junhui, Joe Perry, Kyren Wilson, Martin Gould, Mark Allen and Ali Carter who have all won Ranking events and gunning for more.

Who will reach the quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

John Higgins v Ryan Day Higgins leads 12-5
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham Trump leads 11-6
Tom Ford v Allister Carter Carter leads 1-0
Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson 2-2
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 9-2
Michael Holt v Liang Wenbo 1-1
Mark Allen v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 1-1
Ding Junhui v Peter Ebdon Ding Junhui leads 12-4

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!

Postby hendry_fan

I would love that Un-Nooh beats Allen,he,s a treat to watch,goes for some crazy shots and is verrrrry fast,in fact,he,s the fastest player.

Ding v Ebdon.

Ebdon did very well to beat Robbo,but i think Ding will end his run this afternoon.

I can,t see Higgins losin to Day.

I can,t see Trump losing to Bingo neither.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Gould vs Murphy is the pick of the round.

Aye aye.

The Murphy match last night was good btw. He was unplayable at times, long potting was on form and probably had 2 or 3 contenders for shot of the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Aye aye.

The Murphy match last night was good btw. He was unplayable at times, long potting was on form and probably had 2 or 3 contenders for shot of the tournament.

I was asleep by the end. I was knackered. What was the score in the end?

Postby Cheshire Cat

4-0 Murphy. I don't think White made a break above 30, if even 20, but he didn't really get many chances. It was more Murphy playing really well than White playing badly.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Aye aye.

I was asleep by the end. I was knackered. What was the score in the end?

Murphy won 4-0. I didn't see the game. I was too involved with watching Chelsea get humiliated by a bunch of Frogs.

Postby SnookerFan

What was the score in the Selby match come to that? I was so knackered/hungover last night I went to bed.

I think it was 3-1 when I stopped watching, but frame 6 was still in doubt.

Postby Cheshire Cat

4-2 to Ford I think. Ford won it with an 80-odd break in the end.

It was actually good stuff from Ford, potting his long balls, making his own chances and stuff. Not like Selby was playing badly or anything.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:4-2 to Ford I think. Ford won it with an 80-odd break in the end.

It was actually good stuff from Ford, potting his long balls, making his own chances and stuff. Not like Selby was playing badly or anything.

Ford did well, from what of it I saw.

I felt the same about Michael Holt when he played Ronnie. He played well to get 3-0, and when Ronnie came back I was expecting a Michael Holt bottle job. He kept it together in the decider. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:I will be supporting Un Nooh and Trump.

The rest can go to hell!

you know what you can go to hell too

Postby GJ

Good luck Kyren , Classy player with a great all round game

Postby SnookerFan

I just saw that Parry and Kyren is the ITV 4 choice tonight. For some reason, I thought it was clashed with Murphy and Gould. For a minute, I was like; "What he hell sort of match selection is that?" rofl

Gould and Murphy follow it, of course.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I think Holt has a real chance against Wenbo, if he plays anything like he did against ROS. Holt was playing some seriously good stuff. At 3-0, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had ended 4-0 with how well Holt played.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Now Selby is out, Phil Yates will have to analyse the colour of somebody else's waistcoat. Maybe Murphy should wear that red and yellow thing he wore at The Crucible

I liked the shoes Murphy wore yesterday. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I just saw that Parry and Kyren is the ITV 4 choice tonight. For some reason, I thought it was clashed with Murphy and Gould. For a minute, I was like; "What he hell sort of match selection is that?" rofl

Gould and Murphy follow it, of course.

Just had a thought. IF Gould wins this tournament, he'll be in the same bracket as Ronnie and Robbo as having the most successful season with two wins each. He's got a real chance with all those big guns out and his current confidence

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Now Selby is out, Phil Yates will have to analyse the colour of somebody else's waistcoat. Maybe Murphy should wear that red and yellow thing he wore at The Crucible

I like that burgandy / maroon thing Selbs wears. Murphy on the other hand.. Mother of God, that thing needs to stay in the wardrobe.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:

I like that burgandy / maroon thing Selbs wears. Murphy on the other hand.. Mother of God, that thing needs to stay in the wardrobe.

It's not official until Phil Yates gives his opinion. :mosh: