Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 8th of March ~ Sunday 13th of March at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

Just 2 weeks since the Welsh Open in Cardiff the Snooker tour returns to wales this time North Wales for the second running of the World Grand Prix.

Last year Judd Trump won beating a agitated Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-7 in the final.

This year defending Champion Judd Trump (seeded 9) and Ronnie O'Sullivan (seeded 11) are again in opposite half of the Draw so can they have a re-match in Llandudno?

Of course theres other players hoping to capture the title with John Higgins heading the field that also includes World Champion Stuart Bingham, World no 1 Mark Selby and UK Champion Neil Robertson.

The only member of the top 16 not to make the field is World no 11 Ricky Walden. So Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 12-9
Matthew Selt v Ryan Day 4-4
Judd Trump v Mark Williams Trump leads 9-5
David Gilbert v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 5-0
Mark Selby v Tom Ford Selby leads 3-0
Luca Brecel v Allister Carter Carter leads 1-0
Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins Perry leads 7-5
Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones Wilson leads 3-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Gould v Tian Pengfei Tian Pengfei leads 3-0
Shaun Murphy v Michael White Murphy leads 3-1
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt O'Sullivan leads 5-1
Liang Wenbo v Graeme Dott Dott leads 5-0
Mark Allen v David Grace Allen leads 1-0
Marco Fu v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Un-Nooh leads 2-1
Ben Woollaston v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 5-1
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon Ebdon leads 7-3

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Stephen Maguire has a tough opener against Higgins and with him not in the players championship quite possibly Maguire losing against Higgins could mean having to win 3 matches to get to the crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire Maguire - Could be a massive match, with Maguire still not guaranteed a top-16 placement at The Crucible.

Judd Trump v Mark Williams Trump - Go on, Mark.

Shaun Murphy v Michael White - Could be alright.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt O'Sullivan Battle of the knobheads.

Ben Woollaston v Ding Junhui - Ding slightly finding form, especially in best of sevens. Could be difficult for Ben.

Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon Ebdon - Lets hope Neil wins, for all our sakes. <laugh>

Postby Cheshire Cat

To this day I still can't tell whether Murphy was serious or tr0lling when he went full-on pacifist on twitter during the Frampton v Quigg match, and started raising the moral question of why humans like to fight one another.

As long as Ford gets a beating by Selbs, don't really mind what happens in the others tbqh.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:To this day I still can't tell whether Murphy was serious or tr0lling when he went full-on pacifist on twitter during the Frampton v Quigg match, and started raising the moral question of why humans like to fight one another.

Didn't see that, but knowing Murphy he was probably being serious.

If he was, it was a bad example. Because nothing Quigg or Frampton did for 6 round resembled fighting each other. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Didn't see that, but knowing Murphy he was probably being serious.

If he was, it was a bad example. Because nothing Quigg or Frampton did for 6 round resembled fighting each other. rofl

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147 Two men. In a ring. Fighting. And we pay to watch this? Really? Why haven't we grown past this? No wonder we can't all get along

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147 I completely appreciate the hard work and training that goes into boxing. I just don't get why we seem to like watching fighting so much?

In Murphy's defence, I do watch a fair bit of boxing, but I can certainly understand why somebody would have the opinion he has. Those are the only two tweets I can see, so unless there were others he deleted, it's not like he went on a sweary rant about it or anything,

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Psyched for this. I like a bit of ITV4 coverage.

Clive: The Master
Angles: Sumptious
Fouldsy: sublime

I nearly fell bottom over tit in front of Clive Everton when I was in Coventry.

I then managed to relate the story to Fouldsy afterwards, who quite laughed about it.

#namedropper

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:John Higgins v Stephen Maguire Maguire - Could be a massive match, with Maguire still not guaranteed a top-16 placement at The Crucible.

Judd Trump v Mark Williams Trump - Go on, Mark.

Shaun Murphy v Michael White - Could be alright.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt O'Sullivan Battle of the knobheads.

Ben Woollaston v Ding Junhui - Ding slightly finding form, especially in best of sevens. Could be difficult for Ben.

Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon Ebdon - Lets hope Neil wins, for all our sakes. <laugh>

"Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt O'Sullivan Battle of the knobheads". <laugh> <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Psyched for this. I like a bit of ITV4 coverage.

Clive: The Master
Angles: Sumptious
Fouldsy: sublime

Bl**dy nora Dan,you never cease to amaze me,once again you,ve come up with a word i did,nt even know existed!,"Sumptious". :roll: <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

haha hello HF :)

That word came out of angles' mouth in a match in the CoC a couple of years ago - after a tricky brown along the top cushion. Not sure who it was who played it, I'm tempted to say it was Ronnie (cue Snookerfan accusing me of being up a tree in Ronnie's back garden hehehe :)

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:haha hello HF :)

That word came out of angles' mouth in a match in the CoC a couple of years ago - after a tricky brown along the top cushion. Not sure who it was who played it, I'm tempted to say it was Ronnie (cue Snookerfan accusing me of being up a tree in Ronnie's back garden hehehe :)

Ah,ok,so this time you stole the word from Angles,i,m surprised that he came out with such a word. :-D

Another classic from Snookerfan. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:haha hello HF :)

Get out of Ronnie's tree in the garden. :grrr:

Postby eraserhead

The Mags - Higgins match is definitely the most interesting one for me, are all matches televised in this? I can't really remember much from last year.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:The Mags - Higgins match is definitely the most interesting one for me, are all matches televised in this? I can't really remember much from last year.

one table is televised with a roving camera on the other

Postby MarkoPiet

Let me try to predict the first-round winners in the order of the likelihood:

Allen (v Grace) [the most likely to win the first match]
Selby (v Ford)
Wilson (v Jones)
Fu (v Un-Nooh)
O'Sullivan (v Holt)
Gould (v Tian)
Robertson (v Ebdon)
Trump (v Williams)
Murphy (v White)
Higgins (v Maguire)
Ding (v Woollaston)
Liang (v Dott)
Perry (v Hawkins)
Bingham (v Gilbert)
Brecel (v Carter)
Day (v Selt) [the closest match]

Un-Nooh has been nowhere near his usual standard after missing the black for a 147. A shame, I think he could challenge Fu but the way he's recently played just can't see it happening.

Of the most anticipated matches I believe Trump is a strong favourite against Williams. Of course is not a walk in the park but Williams hasn't done anything special recently. Woollaston v Ding is an interesting match. Somehow Woollaston has risen to top 16 on the one-year list - that surprised me. Liang v Dott, Day v Selt and Brecel v Carter are also matches that I can see going either way.

Robertson v Ebdon: there is really only one favourite but Ebdon has a strong head-to-head record. If he is to beat Robertson the first round is the best time to do so.

Simply too many interesting matches, this is what they call a positive problem I guess.

Postby hendry_fan

kolompar wrote:I thought it started today. To me all the matches look close, apart from Ronnie's, which looks like 4-0.

The only time Holts ever beaten Ronnie (so far),was in the Malta Cup in 2007.

I watched the full match and can remember that Ronnie was playin like he did,nt want to be there and was acting very strange.

I can also remember him gettin an outragious fluke and me thinkin,you lucky basket,as Holt had him on the ropes,luckily he did,nt take much advantage of it though and Holt went on to win the match. :-D

I,ve just looked it up on youtube and here is that crazy fluke,.....

https://youtu.be/stG-NQ70_QE

:dizzy:

Postby hendry_fan

stateofwonder wrote:I listened to Holt's interview the other day - it seemed like he was trying very hard to convince himself that he was good enough, which isn't a good sign. I hope he could find something tomorrow to avoid a whitewash.

Out of all the players,there,s no one who makes as many faces,shakes there heads,fidgets around,bites there nails and picks there nose as much as Holt does,he,s a funny charachter,it,s a wonder his head and nose has,nt fallen off by now. :-D

Postby Wildey

It will be interesting to see how Ronnie goes this week his last tournament before Sheffield if he goes to Sheffield undefeated in 2016 then the air of invincibility he had there will be back with a vengeance.

last year although he was favorite he was not overwhelming favorite at the crucible.

this event could put Ronnie back on a pedestal at the Crucible.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Ronnie lost in a final last week !

That doesn't count its just a load of rubbish