Post a reply

Will Ding Hold the 147 Record?

No, Ronnie is the God of snooker, what a silly question
56%
Of Course he will, he's the heir to the Master Break-building throne.
44%

Total votes : 9

Will Ding Hold the 147 Record?

Postby Cue Guru

Will Ding overhaul Ronnie's Maxi record (especially now Ronnie has slipped back to making 146s) and hold the 147 record?

Here's No.6:

Re: Will Ding Hold the 147 Record?

Postby Smart

Age is defo on Dings side ........I think if he stays in the top16 for the next 15 years, which is very likely then he will surpass ROS on the maxi making stakes.

The only thing is tho - that ROS is quite likely to make many more 147s between now and the time he DOES actually retire for good, so Ding needs to keep making them to make sure that the gap does not widen. :wave:

Postby Vallomas

He is able to make it, but it's not easy.

A new idea, btw, for a SnookerFan thread:

"Will O'Sullivan hold the 146s record?" :D

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Personally, I think Ding should get that 60k off of Paddy Power.

He should ask for it. I don't think he will though as that might make him come across as abit too needy.

Postby Vallomas

My opinion is that Paddy Power HAS to give Ding that 60.000, since he said that he would give it to ROS.

But I doubt that it will happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Personally, I think Ding should get that 60k off of Paddy Power.

He should ask for it. I don't think he will though as that might make him come across as abit too needy.

A couple of days back I had another botched attempt at trying to be clever. I tweeted their odds checker twitter account asking; "What are the odds that somebody another player will pocket the 60k máximum prize before Ronnie?"

They were quite happy to admit the offer was only in place for Ronnie, and anybody else would be unwelcome if they asked for it.

Postby PoolBoy

He could well do it, Ding. Well capable - wouldn't be surprised if another came along soon!
Ronnie made his 7th maximum at 31 years old. Ding is on 6 maximums at 28 years old...he's got every chance.

Postby Lou147

I'd be more inclined to say he would had he actually made that one at the Crucible last year

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:Ding wont break ROS record coz ROS will make a few more. If Ding makes 11 he will do well

Depends on how much of a bonus he gets for it. :wave:

Postby Ronnie79

Poolboy your on about age im sure Hendry had made most of his by his early 30s. Just because Ronnie is knocking them in at 40 does not mean Ding will be. . I cant see 13 or more being touched

Postby Master Blaster

Ronnie79 wrote:Poolboy your on about age im sure Hendry had made most of his by his early 30s. Just because Ronnie is knocking them in at 40 does not mean Ding will be. . I cant see 13 or more being touched

Ding (providing he stays fit and doesn't bloat out again) will be making 147s when he's 40 because like Ronnie he has a stance and technique that is much easier on the body. Hendry copied Davis and moved to cueing foot in line (he was cueing miles outside his hip when he met Davis in their first World final). But his set-up is very hard on the back, shoulders and knees/hips. By the time he was thirty, the high chest had dropped with it his shoulder and the accuracy diminished.

I wonder how long Robbo will keep up his stance/set-up because that looks as nearly debilitating as Hendry's in his prime.

Postby Sickpotter

I don't see Hendry or Davis stance being hard on the body....if it was how did Davis last so long?

Let's face it, if you don't stay in shape simply bending over the table repeatedly will cause you grief ;-)

Postby Wildey

to be honest Ronnie doesent look like he will be stoping making them any time soon he could be on 14 now.

however Ronnie chances of making them is reduced because he doesent enter as much as ding does.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:to be honest Ronnie doesent look like he will be stoping making them any time soon he could be on 14 now.

however Ronnie chances of making them is reduced because he doesent enter as much as ding does.

He stopped making one the other day. rofl

Postby Master Blaster

Sickpotter wrote:I don't see Hendry or Davis stance being hard on the body....if it was how did Davis last so long?

Let's face it, if you don't stay in shape simply bending over the table repeatedly will cause you grief ;-)

You're a good player so you can try the Hendry stance for a couple of hours and see how your body feels afterwards. He was doing this 6-8hrs a day and it messed him up. His chest and shoulder dropped everntually and his accuracy and form dropped with it. If you see the vid of his last matches and the earlier ones, you'll notice a big difference. I messes around with foot in line for a couple of years and the grief on the joints is double foot pointing out, other foot forward. Ronnie and Ding are ankle on the shot line and towes pointing out. It doesn't sound like a big difference until you try foot in line. Debilitating is the word. Hendry was shot after 30.