Post a reply

HEARN VOWS TO "CURE MALAISE"

Postby footygirl

BARRY Hearn today underlined his committment to snooker in the wake of the allegations made about John Higgins.

Higgins, the world number one is now facing a bribery investigation, to be led by former Chief Sperintendant David Douglas after a Sunday newspaper. The Scotsman has been suspended from all tournaments pending the outcome of the probe after a Sunday newspaper alleged that he agreed to take a £261.000 bribe to lose specified frames.

Hearn said he was "absolutely flabbergasted," when the news broke about Higgins. Asked whether he had considered walking away Hearn said that "he was advised by several very close people early on do you need this and I had to ask myself that question and 12 hours later I looked in the mirror and said Yes I do need this. I can do a job here, I think I can be useful"

"I am not the type of person that walks away at the first or second sign of a problem but there is a problem there that is identified that has to be dealt with"

"And I am very happy that my decision is to stay and to cure this malaise and to make sure that the game goes forward"

Hearn also revealed that he had spoken to Higgins and had had a very frank conversation and had told him that "this is something that is not going away and that it will be treated as a very very serious offence potentially and if he is found guilty will pay the most severest of penalties."

Suzy Jardine - The Crucible

Re: HEARN VOWS TO "CURE MALAISE"

Postby Wildey

Susy

as someone thats in the press room and around The Crucible how is the Feeling around the place for example is the Final having any notice or is John Higgins dominating Attention.

Postby footygirl

The atmosphere was one of shock yesterday- people were stunned about the allegations, sad to say but it has taken away from the final. It is incredibly unfair on Neil and Graeme the way their acheievements seem to be intersperced with the Higgins allegations

Postby Wildey

footygirl wrote:The atmosphere was one of shock yesterday- people were stunned about the allegations, sad to say but it has taken away from the final. It is incredibly unfair on Neil and Graeme the way their acheievements seem to be intersperced with the Higgins allegations

well if you get the chance to tell them theres one man in wales that at least puts their achievement ahead of anything and will never let off table crap interfere with whats important the game itself on the table <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
footygirl wrote:The atmosphere was one of shock yesterday- people were stunned about the allegations, sad to say but it has taken away from the final. It is incredibly unfair on Neil and Graeme the way their acheievements seem to be intersperced with the Higgins allegations

well if you get the chance to tell them theres one man in wales that at least puts their achievement ahead of anything and will never let off table crap interfere with whats important the game itself on the table <ok>

Sadly this "off the table crap" will have a big impact on the future of the game itself on the table :chin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Sadly this "off the table crap" will have a big impact on the future of the game itself on the table :chin:

not tonight it wont so why worry about it give players that play the game the respect they deserve on theire big night <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:not tonight it wont so why worry about it give players that play the game the respect they deserve on theire big night <ok>

true, the politics of the sport and the off the table crisis can wait until tomorrow !!! Weve a long close season coming up to sort out all of this mess :scared: