Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th of February ~ Sunday 21st of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

The Welsh Open has produced a Dream Final between Neil Robertson UK Champion and Ronnie O'Sullivan the Masters Champion.

Between them they have dominated British tournaments this season.

But who will win in Wales?

DRAW

Final

Neil Robertson v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 10-6

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I hope it will be a good match! Hopefully Ronnie gets a good nights sleep and plays like he has done all tournament! Should have no trouble beating Robbo, but it will probably be a very close one.

Postby eraserhead

I think Robertson will be under a lot of pressure, he really wants to beat Ronnie in a final.

Postby vodkadiet

eraserhead wrote:I think Robertson will be under a lot of pressure, he really wants to beat Ronnie in a final.

He beat him in The 2010 Grand Prix final...

Postby TheRocket

Both will be up for it. Ronnie was already thinking about playing Neil after winning his quarterfinal against Selby while Robertson has said a few times that he would like to play Ronnie in big finals I think. The match tomorrow between these two powerhouses is a small foretaste for the WC as well.

You know. I have the feeling, these two will meet in the WC again.

Postby eraserhead

vodkadiet wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I think Robertson will be under a lot of pressure, he really wants to beat Ronnie in a final.

I know but it was a long time ago. I just meant Robbo's got a lot more to prove tomorrow.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Both will be up for it. Ronnie was already thinking about playing Neil after winning his quarterfinal against Selby while Robertson has said a few times that he would like to play Ronnie in big finals I think. The match tomorrow between these two powerhouses is a small foretaste for the WC as well.

You know. I have the feeling, these two will meet in the WC again.

Remember when Robbo and Selby never met each other in tournaments? After it happened once in a big match, we got like a dozen encounters between these two in the next couple of years.

Postby vodkadiet

eraserhead wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I know but it was a long time ago. I just meant Robbo's got a lot more to prove tomorrow.

And it was only best of 9...

Postby vodkadiet

Does Robertson get to vote on whether Britain remains in The European Union?

This is the pressing question of the day...

Postby Cheshire Cat

I won't be looking too much at head to heads, because both players right now are playing some extraordinary stuff. Robbo is far better than he was in their 2012 WC QF meeting, and Ronnie is far better than he was in their 2015 Masters meeting. Robbo will want to prove he's got the game to beat Ronnie in a major final, Ronnie will want to prove he's still the dominant force in the game.

As snooker fans, I think this is just a dream match.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Does Robertson get to vote on whether Britain remains in The European Union?

Your opinion please.

Yes or No?

Postby LC

Tough to call Robertson is machine like at times and never looks like missing anything, and Ronnie is prone to switching of in matches, but I expect lots of walking round the table and white cleaning if Robertson is off his game

Postby Master Blaster

Robbo 2/1, Ronnie 4/9.

Fanboys are making the mkt. I just don't see that much diff between the standard they're playing to justify those odds but punters ain't rational beings.

Is Ronnie really 4 times more likely to win?!

Postby Cheshire Cat

I have to remind myself that we've been well and truly spoiled by an exceptional standard this week and that snooker isn't as easy as some of these guys have made it look. The players deserve credit really, it's been a fantastic watch all week.

Postby Master Blaster

Cheshire Cat wrote:I have to remind myself that we've been well and truly spoiled by an exceptional standard this week and that snooker isn't as easy as some of these guys have made it look. The players deserve credit really, it's been a fantastic watch all week.

True, better than the Masters. Such a shame Motorpoint and the Beeb have royally messed up coverage. The worst coverage of a tournament I've seen. A real shambles. If they don't know where the fuse box is, they shouldn't be hosting a kids birthday party let alone anything else.
Last edited by Master Blaster on 20 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Master Blaster wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:I have to remind myself that we've been well and truly spoiled by an exceptional standard this week and that snooker isn't as easy as some of these guys have made it look. The players deserve credit really, it's been a fantastic watch all week.

True, better than the Masters. Such a shame Motorpoint and the Beeb have royally messed up coverage. The worst coverage of a tournament I've seen. A real shambles.

Agreed.

Postby Master Blaster

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie made 5 more centuries than Robbo on route to the final.

I'd be more interested in the number of times each player finished a frame in one visity. The chavmeister may be shaving that stat, not sure tbh.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Master Blaster wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie made 5 more centuries than Robbo on route to the final.

I'd be more interested in the number of times each player finished a frame in one visity. The chavmeister may be shaving that stat, not sure tbh.

You mean the number of 70+ breaks? I'll try looking it up.

Postby Master Blaster

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:

Yes and any other frame deciding breaks when scores were low if you know what I mean? :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Master Blaster wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:

Yes and any other frame deciding breaks when scores were low if you know what I mean? :hatoff:

Don't know about the low scoring frames but just the 70+ breaks this tournament:

Robbo: 11
Ronnie: 15

Postby Master Blaster

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:

Don't know about the low scoring frames but just the 70+ breaks this tournament:

Robbo: 11
Ronnie: 15

Cheers. I was thinking of the breaks like the 2nd frame tonight when Ronnie nicked one off Joe. Still, Ronnie is the stat dog of the mo.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Does Robertson get to vote on whether Britain remains in The European Union?

Your opinion please.

Yes or No?

Britain should stay in The EU. The British government is responsible for so negligence in many errors, and The EU have brought them in to line. Air Pollution, the pollution of the rivers, the employment rights of temporary workers, I could go on. But basically Britain is no longer the power it once was, and is better as part of the European unit for all its faults.