Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Sunday 2 May

2pm

Neil Robertson 3-5 Greame Dott

8pm

Neil Robertson 9-7 Greame Dott

Monday 2 May

3pm

Neil Robertson 12-10 Greame Dott

8pm

Neil Robertson 18-13 Greame Dott

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Day 1 Discussion !!

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I need pumping up too. Seriously deflated now. Dott has ruined the final for me now with his comments after the match. I was well up for cheering him on.

Sleep on it, you'll feel better. Defeats like those must bucking hurt though, i've not really been in a position as a snooker fan to take this sort of defeat recently.

Postby Roland

I had accepted it but then Dott said what he said and it took a while before it sunk in. I saw the handshake and Selby looked like he wanted to say some words to Dott like "well played, good luck" but Dott just wanted to get away from him and then he said that in the studio.

I mean of all the stuff to come out with, to call someone else negative when I've been saying Dott's the best negative safety player in the game for years is ridiculous. You'd think he would appreciate it. Same with Ronnie - both of them are superb safety players and they should be the first to appreciate just how damn inventive Selby is. And then the shot Dott was talking about in the last frame, you had Selby contemplating a really tough shot at 16-14 down, it could be his last one so he rightly thought about all the options before committing and then took a deep breath and played a stunning shot which had everyone on the forum in complete awe, and then Dott criticises him afterwards for taking his time! It's ridiculous.

I dunno, I've always liked Dott. I just feel he's let me down now for some reason. It's like all the pundits and me know what is special about Selby, but the players he has his best matches against all come out slagging him off. It's bucking annoying to tell the truth. It's like....you play the game, why the buck don't you understand? It's ridiculous.

I keep saying it's ridiculous. I've been through the mill today and I've drunk too much now so I'm going to shut up and come back tomorrow. Hopefully Dotty will elaborate more in other interviews and I can go back to supporting him.

I think what it comes down to is that other players hate playing Selby because they find him so hard to play against. I guess it's a compliment. I do know that in nearly 30 years of watching snooker, Selby plays the sort of snooker I enjoy watching the most. I think tonight he was absolutely class and a credit to himself. Some of the shots he pulled off, and if that 30th frame had gone his way which was on the cards on a number of occasions before he sunk the white, then it could've been a different story.

Postby Alex0paul

The negative stuff probably eludes to the amount of re-racks that happened. Nearly all of them were instagated by Selby and also he did take a very long time on two or three relatively straight forward shots after Dott had messed up.

Postby Tubberlad

Robertson can achieve his dream on Monday, and I for one am totally behind him. I like Dott, and rate him VERY highly, but Robertson is just class, fast becoming my favourite player. He's exactly the kind of guy Hearn needs at the forefront right now.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:The negative stuff probably eludes to the amount of re-racks that happened. Nearly all of them were instagated by Selby and also he did take a very long time on two or three relatively straight forward shots after Dott had messed up.

Asking For Re Racks isnt Negative thats far from it he could tip tap all night long with Dott if hed prefer that.

i thought Re Racks was asked to Much and to soon but Selby wanted to get on with it and not buck about.

Postby Roland

Exactly wild. It takes two to tango. I don't have a problem with Selby taking his time over the odd shot. If you consider the circumstances and the lay of the table it's usually pretty obvious why he's taking a time out. For TV purposes it's good too because it allows the commentators to discuss the options.

Postby Alex0paul

With the utmost respect to Mark Selby he is very difficult to play against. You don't get any rythym when you play him, he's very similar to Peter Ebdon, even if he's not break building. He can keep you off the table for so long I was really struggling with my pace. I just felt I had no rythym.

Postby Alex0paul

Interesting stat; The last time no player from the top 4 reached the semi finals a qualifier won the World Title. Nobody from the top 4 reached the semis this year......

Postby Roland

I know you're trying to find things that will favour your man but Mickleson won the Masters which was part 1 and part 2 is - Graeme Dott has played the best snooker in the tournament and he will win the final because his table craft is 10x that of Neil Robertson.

Postby quagmire

I have a bad feelng Dott will win. I will be cheering for Robbo. Dott is annoying. He is a weeder. He capitalised on Selby's fatigue. I hope Robbo is on top form and wipes the floor with him. Dott a double world champ? If it happens it is a disgrace. He has benefitted from player's tiredness.

Dott I hope you lose!!! You are uninteresting and worthless to everyone but your wife.

I cannot believe I am saying this but come on the Aussie!!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

Strange thing to come out with quagmire. As everyone knows I'm a massive Selby fan but I have to hold my hands up and say Dott was awesome and to be honest, it will give the Worlds more worthiness if he can win it again. I really don't think Robbo is good enough to be considered a World Champion but Dott has already done it and it would be great for him to get the recognition he deserved from the first one but didn't get, by winning it again.

But if Robbo does win then fair play to him.

Postby quagmire

Sonny

I look at it this way. If Dott had been playing in the era of lions he would never have made a final,let alone 3! A Hendry at his best would have beaten him 18-8. Robertson is a more worthy champion. How can snooker have improved when a second rate player like Dott wins 2 world championships? He is not worthy of being a multiple champion.

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Right Then 24 Hours from Hell as a Snooker Fan and a Island Member and i want to say how sorry i am to sonny and hallenberg that all their hard work someone tried to Wreck. but its Time as Rob Walker sais to get the Boys on the Baize and Enjoy what has been under difficult circumstance a very good competitive final so far and looking forward to see either Neil Robbo Robertson or the Pocket Dynamo crowned World Champion later today.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Bourne

Dott really cannot afford to lose this session. If last night was his one bad session then he's got a good chance of winning this tournament but I really wasn't impressed by his attitude for the most part, in both body language and some of the shots he was taking on. Robertson is doing just about everything right and the only thing he really has to worry about is nerves at this stage.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Dott really cannot afford to lose this session. If last night was his one bad session then he's got a good chance of winning this tournament but I really wasn't impressed by his attitude for the most part, in both body language and some of the shots he was taking on. Robertson is doing just about everything right and the only thing he really has to worry about is nerves at this stage.

4-4 session or better for Dott is a must. Robertson can afford to lose this session 6-2 and still very much in the match.