Post a reply

Ronnie - is there any way to cheer him up?

Postby Master Blaster

"I get so bored at these tournaments. Maybe they should stick an adult creche here to keep us entertained because I just want to go home now.

"Don't get me wrong because I like Cardiff, but 17 days in Sheffield for the World Championship if you get to the final - I'm already dreading that.

"Today I've had a haircut, I've been in the Chinese, I've been for a coffee, I went to Bill's cafe for a couple of hours, I've had a kip, I went to Marks' and bought a bit of grub. What a day. It's certainly not glamorous."

Any ideas to cheer him up?

Re: Ronnie - is there any way to cheer him up?

Postby Master Blaster

SnookerFan wrote:Have you just made these comments up, or what?

Even as a non-fan, I'd struggle to believe he'd actually asked to be put in a creche. rofl

I struggle to believe you know anything about snooker, but hey!

Postby SnookerFan

Just from strolling about last year, it looks to have gone a bit upmarket and trendy. With coffee shops, and trendy bars outnumbering the pubs etc... (This based on walking about for half an hour, rather than any real research.) Ronnie doesn't strike me as the sort of player who likes that sort of thing. On the plus side, I guess, Cardiff is more glamorous a location than Newport. But then, that isn't difficult.

For me, the problem is not the venue, the city or the lack of a creche for him to play in. It's the format of the tournament. Ronnie is going to have little to do if he only has to play one best of seven every day. That's often less an hour's playing time or less a day.

Begs the question though. Ronnie doesn't like the way this tournament is, he mentioned last year. Why isn't this one that he skips? He misses the CoC, which is a tournament he loves, and turns up in Cardiff for one he hates. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Postby Master Blaster

He says he's told his agent to smash out exhibitions which he loves. The only problem once again (as per 147 prize) is greed. His sticky fingers mean that the minimum cost is 10k. If you get a hundred folk in, that's £100 per ticket, an awful lot for a couple of hours. Judd does exhibitions and they cost £10.

I've got it: RBS can let him come in to the branch at Cardiff and count money, he loves that. They have £100 Scottish notes which will make the counting easy for him. rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Master Blaster wrote:He says he's told his agent to smash out exhibitions which he loves. The only problem once again (as per 147 prize) is greed. His sticky fingers mean that the minimum cost is 10k. If you get a hundred folk in, that's £100 per ticket, an awful lot for a couple of hours. Judd does exhibitions and they cost £10.

I've got it: RBS can let him come in to the branch at Cardiff and count money, he loves that. They have £100 Scottish notes which will make the counting easy for him. rofl

rofl

Cannonball, you really have changed your tune from the days when you used to openly worship anything Ronnie did.

Postby Master Blaster

Cloud Strife wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:He says he's told his agent to smash out exhibitions which he loves. The only problem once again (as per 147 prize) is greed. His sticky fingers mean that the minimum cost is 10k. If you get a hundred folk in, that's £100 per ticket, an awful lot for a couple of hours. Judd does exhibitions and they cost £10.

rofl

Cannonball, you really have changed your tune from the days when you used to openly worship anything Ronnie did.

Worship? That's an idea, maybe he could visit a cathedral or church?

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Deffonot Poomjaeng ‏@Poomjaeng Head out to Claires Accessories for some more pretty hair clips #KeepRonnieBusy

Deffonot Poomjaeng ‏@Poomjaeng Find shady looking strangers, and lend them large amounts of money #KeepRonnieBusy

rofl rofl

Postby Cheshire Cat

Eurosport yesterday said he was practicing religiously while he was doing commentary with them In Germany for the Masters. He is in a wacky mood this week though tbh.

If anyone had a right to complain about waiting around it's Selby and Gould, being kept waiting till their late night starts on Tuesday followed by early morning matches on Wednesday. Snookerbacker been throwing toys out of the pram about this and the Beeb all week long.

Postby Smart

Cheshire Cat wrote:Eurosport yesterday said he was practicing religiously while he was doing commentary with them In Germany for the Masters. He is in a wacky mood this week though tbh.

If anyone had a right to complain about waiting around it's Selby and Gould, being kept waiting till their late night starts on Tuesday followed by early morning matches on Wednesday. Snookerbacker been throwing toys out of the pram about this and the Beeb all week long.

DOES ANYONE CARE WHAT SNOOKERBACKER THINKS OR WRITES ???

WHAT VALUE DOES HE ADD...???? :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Eurosport yesterday said he was practicing religiously while he was doing commentary with them In Germany for the Masters. He is in a wacky mood this week though tbh.

He has a point. Some players are waiting around to start games, despite their being tables available to play on.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

What value do you add, other than to the UKs cider drinking market? :wave:

I think that's the point he is making. Smart does not add any value, and doesn't pretend to do so, unlike Snookerbacker and others of that ilk. Snookerbacker thinks people give a marmite about what he thinks and that his opinion holds any weight whatsoever, it doesn't.

Just because he has his own crappy blog and is able to namedrop a few pros here and there does not make him any different to you, me or Smart.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

What value do you add, other than to the UKs cider drinking market? :wave:

I think that's the point he is making. Smart does not add any value, and doesn't pretend to do so, unlike Snookerbacker and others of that ilk. Snookerbacker thinks people give a marmite about what he thinks and that his opinion holds any weight whatsoever, it doesn't.

Just because he has his own crappy blog and is able to namedrop a few pros here and there does not make him any different to you, me or Smart.

Correct. He is a nothing who thinks he is a something. Too many people cant wait to see what so and so has to say about something. Who cares. Its most important that you yourself have an opinion - think for yourself. Snookerbacker, or Hendon, or any other bloggers can kiss my hairy ass. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I think that's the point he is making. Smart does not add any value, and doesn't pretend to do so, unlike Snookerbacker and others of that ilk. Snookerbacker thinks people give a marmite about what he thinks and that his opinion holds any weight whatsoever, it doesn't.

I guess that's just the nature of the internet. Not everything on it has to add value. I mean we post on a snooker forum, he posts a blog about snooker. None of it has to have any grand meaning.

If you don't want to read his blog or follow him on Twitter, you don't have to. In the same way, you don't have to come on here and talk to us muppets about snooker.

There are countless blogs that I'll never even know exists on the internet. They're kind of easy to ignore.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 18 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think that's the point he is making. Smart does not add any value, and doesn't pretend to do so, unlike Snookerbacker and others of that ilk. Snookerbacker thinks people give a marmite about what he thinks and that his opinion holds any weight whatsoever, it doesn't.

I guess that's just the nature of the internet. Not everything on it has to add value. I mean we post on a snooker forum, he posts a blog about snooker. None of it has to have any grand meaning.

If you don't want to read his blog or follow him on Twitter, you don't have to. In the same way, you don't have to come on here and talk to us muppets about snooker.

There are countless blogs that I'll never even know exists on the internet. Their kind of easy to ignore.

OMFG - you gotta be kidding rofl